• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Huh!

Reaction score
1-why did talha and zubair opposed ali? (4)
2-Why do some scholars reject the use of Qiyas? (4)

Reaction score
is it imp to do shia compilations in details of Hadis ? if so can anyone ans a 10 mark question of it cuz i have no idea abt it
well in the later years no such qquestion has come but a question like this can come outline the importance of compilation of hadis in the period of caliphs. keeping in mind the shia compilation . correct if i am wrong

Reaction score
1-why did talha and zubair opposed ali? (4)
2-Why do some scholars reject the use of Qiyas? (4)

Analogy (qiyas) is the fourth source of Islamic law that is used when the primary sources are silent about a newly appeared issue. However some scholars reject its use on the following basis.
1. There is detailed description of everything in the Quran so there is no need to follow another source. "...And We have sent down to you the Book (the Qur'an) as an exposition of everything...".
2. Resolution of issues through Qiyas takes precedence over Allah and His Messenger which is forbidden in the Quran. "O you who believe! Do not put (yourselves) forward before Allah and His Messenger..."
3. Qiyas is conjecture which gives no benefit against the truth. "And most of them follow nothing but conjecture. Certainly, conjecture can be of no avail against the truth..." (Yunus: 36)
4. We are bound to decide among the people with what Allah has revealed and solutions through qiyas are not revealed by Allah. "And so judge (you O Muhammad ) between them by what Allah has revealed and follow not their vain desires..." (Ma'idah: 49).

Reaction score
is it imp to do shia compilations in details of Hadis ? if so can anyone ans a 10 mark question of it cuz i have no idea abt it
Question: Name the six collections of Sunni Hadis books and four Shia compilations of Hadis ? Discuss their main features?
Answer: There are six major collections of Sunni Hadis books also called Sahih Al-Sitta.
Sahih Al-Bukhari (194-256 A.H): It was compiled by Imam Muhammad Bin Ismail Al-Bukhari. It is considered to be the most authentic book of Hadis after the Holy Quran. In the compilation of this book of Sahih Al-Bukhari, Imam Bukhari displayed a great critical ability and scrupulous accuracy. The total number of Ahadis in this book is 9082 (which was selected from 600000 Ahadis). However many of them were repeated with different Isnad. Without repetition the number goes down to 2602 Ahadis. His criteria for acceptance into the collection were amongst the most stringent of all the scholars of Ahadith.
Sahih Muslim (204-264 A.H): It was compiled by Imam Muslim bin Hajjah and this is considered second only to the Sahih al-Bukhari. These two collections Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim are collectively called Al-Sahihain, the two most authentic collections. Any tradition accepted by both Bukhari and Muslim has been termed as Agreed Upon. Imam Muslim, he traveled widely to gather his collection of Ahadith (plural of Hadith), including to Iraq, the Arabian Peninsula, Syria and Egypt. Out of 300,000 Hadith which he evaluated, approximately 4,000 were extracted for inclusion into his collection based on stringent acceptance criteria.
Sunan Abu Daud (202-275 A.H): Abu Da’ud was another important compiler of hadith. Before writing his Sunan he examined five lakhs of traditions, and selected from them only 4800 to be put in his book. The whole task took him 20 years to complete. He kept up the scrupulous exactitude of his predecessors in reproducing the traditions, which he had collected. But he differed from them in the standard of his choice. He included in his Sunan not only the ‘genuine’ traditions (as al-Bukhari and Muslim had done), but also such traditions as had been pronounced by some traditionists to be weak and doubtful.
Jame/ Sunan Tirmizi (209-279 A.H): It was compiled by Abu Isa al-Tirmizi. He was the first man to determine the names, surnames, and title of the narrators of traditions and tide to fix the degree of their reliability by inventing peculiar means of each tradition. His work is divided into 50 chapters (Kutub) and contains 3956 Ahadis.Abu Isa al Tirmizi was a student of Abu Da’ud and his collection follows and improves upon the techniques of classifying the hadith as proposed by his master. Jame of Tirmizi contains all the traditions – legal, dogmatic and historical – that had been accepted by the Muslim jurists of one school or another, as the basis of Islamic law.
Sunan Ibne Majah (209-273 A.H): Ibn Majah travelled widely to collect traditions from the well-known Traditionists of his time. He compiled several works of Hadith of which the most important is the Sunan. In this work, Ibn Majah collected together 4000 traditions in 32 books divided into 1500 chapters. The number of weak (dhaif) traditions it contains is not very large, just about 30. But it does contain some traditions, which are considered by the authorities on the subject to be forged (maudu’).
Sunan Nasai (214-303 A.H): Al Nasai’ collected hadith in his work Sunan He entirely ignored the point of view of his senior contemporary, al-Tirmizi on the question of the application of traditions to various problems that might have been made by different schools of the Muslim juriprudence. His main object was to establish the text of traditions and the differences between their various versions, which he quotes extensively. In many places, he gives headings to the differences between the various narrators. This book contains 5662 Ahadis and is divided well into chapters. Imam Nasai is the best evaluator of the narrators of his time.
1. Kitab Al-Kafi: Compiled by Muhammad Yaqub Kulayni in the third century Hijra, it is divided into three sections:
• Usulal-Kafi which is concerned with the principle of religion.
• Furual-Kafi which is concerned with religious laws.
• Rawadatal-Kafi which is concerned with the various religious aspects and includes some writings of the Imams in total.
Al-Kafi comprises of about 16000 narrations. The author states that this book would be sufficient for all the needs of the believers as it included all branched of religious knowledge. 2. Manla Yahduruhula-
2. Faqih: Compiled by Muhammad ibne Ali al-Qummi in the 4th century Hijri contains over 9000 Hadis. The literal translation of the title Manla Yah duruhu Al-Faqih is “For him not in the presence of Jurisprudence”. The book is meant to be a reference book to help ordinary Shia Muslims in the practice of the legal requirements of Islam. In this book Isnads are absent
3. Tahdhibal-Ahkamfi Sharhal-Muqni’a: Compiled by Sheikh Tusi in the 5th century Hijri contain over 13000 narrations means “The Refinement of the laws in terms of explanation of the sufficiently”. It contains not only traditions but also lengthy discussions about the legal standing and implications of each Hadis. The chapters are well divided and contain the commentaries by some earlier scholars.
4. Istibsarfima’ Khatalafal-Akhbar: Compiled by Sheikh Tusi in the 5th century Hijri and contains over 5000 narrations. Its methods are similar but briefer: there are not so many traditions used in the work and the explanations are more concise. It is similar to Man la Yahdurulual Faqih, but gives full Isnads for the traditions quoted intended to be used as ready reference works for students and scholars

Reaction score
Analogy (qiyas) is the fourth source of Islamic law that is used when the primary sources are silent about a newly appeared issue. However some scholars reject its use on the following basis.
1. There is detailed description of everything in the Quran so there is no need to follow another source. "...And We have sent down to you the Book (the Qur'an) as an exposition of everything...".
2. Resolution of issues through Qiyas takes precedence over Allah and His Messenger which is forbidden in the Quran. "O you who believe! Do not put (yourselves) forward before Allah and His Messenger..."
3. Qiyas is conjecture which gives no benefit against the truth. "And most of them follow nothing but conjecture. Certainly, conjecture can be of no avail against the truth..." (Yunus: 36)
4. We are bound to decide among the people with what Allah has revealed and solutions through qiyas are not revealed by Allah. "And so judge (you O Muhammad ) between them by what Allah has revealed and follow not their vain desires..." (Ma'idah: 49).

Question: Why Talha And Zubair Opposed Ali? [4]
Hazrat Talha (R.A) and Hazrat Zubair (R.A) opposed Ali for a number of reasons. They had initially taken oath at Hazrat Ali’s hand and hoped Hazrat Ali (R.A) would take quick action against the killers of HazratUsman (R.A). Hazrat Ali (R.A), however, having his own plans and strategies, acted differently. He began to dismiss the governors appointed by Hazrat Usman since he considered them to be the root cause of all troubles. While doing so, the actions against Hazrat Usman’s killers got delayed and this delay drove a wedge between Ali and the two close companions of the Prophet (S.A.W). They began to oppose Hazrat Ali’s policies as they wanted urgent steps against the rebels. Failing to see Hazrat Ali introducing any reforms to control the crisis, Talha and Zubair joined Ayesha.

Reaction score
Question: Name the six collections of Sunni Hadis books and four Shia compilations of Hadis ? Discuss their main features?
Answer: There are six major collections of Sunni Hadis books also called Sahih Al-Sitta.
Sahih Al-Bukhari (194-256 A.H): It was compiled by Imam Muhammad Bin Ismail Al-Bukhari. It is considered to be the most authentic book of Hadis after the Holy Quran. In the compilation of this book of Sahih Al-Bukhari, Imam Bukhari displayed a great critical ability and scrupulous accuracy. The total number of Ahadis in this book is 9082 (which was selected from 600000 Ahadis). However many of them were repeated with different Isnad. Without repetition the number goes down to 2602 Ahadis. His criteria for acceptance into the collection were amongst the most stringent of all the scholars of Ahadith.
Sahih Muslim (204-264 A.H): It was compiled by Imam Muslim bin Hajjah and this is considered second only to the Sahih al-Bukhari. These two collections Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim are collectively called Al-Sahihain, the two most authentic collections. Any tradition accepted by both Bukhari and Muslim has been termed as Agreed Upon. Imam Muslim, he traveled widely to gather his collection of Ahadith (plural of Hadith), including to Iraq, the Arabian Peninsula, Syria and Egypt. Out of 300,000 Hadith which he evaluated, approximately 4,000 were extracted for inclusion into his collection based on stringent acceptance criteria.
Sunan Abu Daud (202-275 A.H): Abu Da’ud was another important compiler of hadith. Before writing his Sunan he examined five lakhs of traditions, and selected from them only 4800 to be put in his book. The whole task took him 20 years to complete. He kept up the scrupulous exactitude of his predecessors in reproducing the traditions, which he had collected. But he differed from them in the standard of his choice. He included in his Sunan not only the ‘genuine’ traditions (as al-Bukhari and Muslim had done), but also such traditions as had been pronounced by some traditionists to be weak and doubtful.
Jame/ Sunan Tirmizi (209-279 A.H): It was compiled by Abu Isa al-Tirmizi. He was the first man to determine the names, surnames, and title of the narrators of traditions and tide to fix the degree of their reliability by inventing peculiar means of each tradition. His work is divided into 50 chapters (Kutub) and contains 3956 Ahadis.Abu Isa al Tirmizi was a student of Abu Da’ud and his collection follows and improves upon the techniques of classifying the hadith as proposed by his master. Jame of Tirmizi contains all the traditions – legal, dogmatic and historical – that had been accepted by the Muslim jurists of one school or another, as the basis of Islamic law.
Sunan Ibne Majah (209-273 A.H): Ibn Majah travelled widely to collect traditions from the well-known Traditionists of his time. He compiled several works of Hadith of which the most important is the Sunan. In this work, Ibn Majah collected together 4000 traditions in 32 books divided into 1500 chapters. The number of weak (dhaif) traditions it contains is not very large, just about 30. But it does contain some traditions, which are considered by the authorities on the subject to be forged (maudu’).
Sunan Nasai (214-303 A.H): Al Nasai’ collected hadith in his work Sunan He entirely ignored the point of view of his senior contemporary, al-Tirmizi on the question of the application of traditions to various problems that might have been made by different schools of the Muslim juriprudence. His main object was to establish the text of traditions and the differences between their various versions, which he quotes extensively. In many places, he gives headings to the differences between the various narrators. This book contains 5662 Ahadis and is divided well into chapters. Imam Nasai is the best evaluator of the narrators of his time.
1. Kitab Al-Kafi: Compiled by Muhammad Yaqub Kulayni in the third century Hijra, it is divided into three sections:
• Usulal-Kafi which is concerned with the principle of religion.
• Furual-Kafi which is concerned with religious laws.
• Rawadatal-Kafi which is concerned with the various religious aspects and includes some writings of the Imams in total.
Al-Kafi comprises of about 16000 narrations. The author states that this book would be sufficient for all the needs of the believers as it included all branched of religious knowledge. 2. Manla Yahduruhula-
2. Faqih: Compiled by Muhammad ibne Ali al-Qummi in the 4th century Hijri contains over 9000 Hadis. The literal translation of the title Manla Yah duruhu Al-Faqih is “For him not in the presence of Jurisprudence”. The book is meant to be a reference book to help ordinary Shia Muslims in the practice of the legal requirements of Islam. In this book Isnads are absent
3. Tahdhibal-Ahkamfi Sharhal-Muqni’a: Compiled by Sheikh Tusi in the 5th century Hijri contain over 13000 narrations means “The Refinement of the laws in terms of explanation of the sufficiently”. It contains not only traditions but also lengthy discussions about the legal standing and implications of each Hadis. The chapters are well divided and contain the commentaries by some earlier scholars.
4. Istibsarfima’ Khatalafal-Akhbar: Compiled by Sheikh Tusi in the 5th century Hijri and contains over 5000 narrations. Its methods are similar but briefer: there are not so many traditions used in the work and the explanations are more concise. It is similar to Man la Yahdurulual Faqih, but gives full Isnads for the traditions quoted intended to be used as ready reference works for students and scholars
Faqih consists of 6000 traditions, correct me if I'm wrong!

Reaction score
Faqih consists of 6000 traditions, correct me if I'm wrong!
sunny basically it consist of 16099 traditions... so stay at ur level that is O level if you want futher detail than study this........Al-Kafial-Kafi fi 'ilm al-din (The Sufficient in the Knowledge of Religion) PDF some parts Wofis

Author: Thiqat al-Islam al-Shaykh Abu Ja`far Muhammad b. Ya`qub b. Ishaq al-Kulayni (d. 328/329 A.H./940)
Size: 8 vols It contains 16099 Traditions with their authorities and sources, related to both Usul and Furu Some Parts are translated here Also available here from islamic seminary

Reaction score
sunny basically it consist of 16099 traditions... so stay at ur level that is O level if you want futher detail than study this........Al-Kafial-Kafi fi 'ilm al-din (The Sufficient in the Knowledge of Religion) PDF some parts Wofis

Author: Thiqat al-Islam al-Shaykh Abu Ja`far Muhammad b. Ya`qub b. Ishaq al-Kulayni (d. 328/329 A.H./940)
Size: 8 vols It contains 16099 Traditions with their authorities and sources, related to both Usul and Furu Some Parts are translated here Also available here from islamic seminary
Man la yahduruhu al-Faqih by Muhammad ibn Babuya 9,044

Reaction score
quote... do the reading from the authentic book than u will c how you can learn shia compilation in 20 minutes
I just want a bird's eye view so that I might not suffer if a qstn comes in the exam n I studied from Dr Iftikhar's book n I don't feel like readin the book itself now!

Reaction score
I just want a bird's eye view so that I might not suffer if a qstn comes in the exam n I studied from Dr Iftikhar's book n I don't feel like readin the book itself now!
boy am 44 years old study worm.... n while I was studying in Al Azhar University Cairo..... I actually study these books for many reason.....which when u grow up u will understand. COMPRENDE

Reaction score
boy am 44 years old study worm.... n while I was studying in Al Azhar University Cairo..... I actually study these books for many reason.....which when u grow up u will understand. COMPRENDE
k alright but at this stage i need not to read these books!

Reaction score
1-WAT WAS THE IMPACT OF WORLD WAR 1 ON THE PPL OF SUBCONTINENT? ( BRITISH RULERS + INDIANS)
2- WHY DID CONGRESS REJECTED MORLEY MINTO REFORMS?
3- WHY DID ML AND INC REJECTED MONTAGUE CHELMSFORD REFORMS?
4- WHY WAS THE QUIT INDIA MOVEMENT SATRTED?

Reaction score
1-WAT WAS THE IMPACT OF WORLD WAR 1 ON THE PPL OF SUBCONTINENT? ( BRITISH RULERS + INDIANS)
2- WHY DID CONGRESS REJECTED MORLEY MINTO REFORMS?
3- WHY DID ML AND INC REJECTED MONTAGUE CHELMSFORD REFORMS?
4- WHY WAS THE QUIT INDIA MOVEMENT SATRTED?

DEAR LILLY IF YOU ARE ASKING ME TO ANSWER THAN M REALLY SORRY FOR I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS COZ PEOPLE DISRESPECTED ME AND HUMILIATED ME SO M SORRY!

Reaction score
DEAR LILLY IF YOU ARE ASKING ME TO ANSWER THAN M REALLY SORRY FOR I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS COZ PEOPLE DISRESPECTED ME AND HUMILIATED ME SO M SORRY!
its ok if u feel so...watever ur comfortable wid
thnx, np

Reaction score
I hav this grave problem
ive found a contradicting situation.
In mustafa draper book its written dat Umme Kulsoom was Prophet's 2nd daughter
But in oder books ( farkhanda noor, ghulam shabbir & m. bilal aslam ) it is ritten she was third daughter
PLZ ANSWER AND CONFIRM!