• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Career and University Counselling (all careers, US,UK,Canadian, Pak universities)

Reaction score
So here I'm so confused! Got my A level result today! My result is 2A*( Bio n Urdu) and 2A ( Chem n phy). So firstly I was planning to do Medical but now I've changed my mind. Medicine M.B.B.S take 5 years 1 year of house job, then Specialization takes 2 years and further 2 years getting ur self recognized as doctor. So that's make 10 years. So Secondly medical has lost it's charm as it used to have a few years back. So I'M CONSIDERING A GAP Year!! I'll apply to LUMS next year 2014, for B.S Accounts and Finance. Is it a right decision or not. What will u RECOMMEND ME? Tell me other options too! Please need ur Help!

Reaction score
So here I'm so confused! Got my A level result today! My result is 2A*( Bio n Urdu) and 2A ( Chem n phy). So firstly I was planning to do Medical but now I've changed my mind. Medicine M.B.B.S take 5 years 1 year of house job, then Specialization takes 2 years and further 2 years getting ur self recognized as doctor. So that's make 10 years. So Secondly medical has lost it's charm as it used to have a few years back. So I'M CONSIDERING A GAP Year!! I'll apply to LUMS next year 2014, for B.S Accounts and Finance. Is it a right decision or not. What will u RECOMMEND ME? Tell me other options too! Please need ur Help!
BAD decision.....very bad...!!!

Reaction score

there is no job which has a better job security as medicine!

u can practise even when ur above 60 years old

Reaction score
what do i have to do to get into lahore school of economics? Will 3 Cs guarantee my admission?

Reaction score
Best Canadian Universities for Engineering?

i dont know about best canadian universities

BUT if u apply to any course, go for a CO-OP course

instead of a normal course

so go for
"Co-op engineering"

NOT for
"engineering"

Co-op is a paid internship course. Your course is lengtened from 4 years to 5 years. Within an year, you gain job experience sort of. And if you impress your employer, he may hire you after your graduation

if you remain employed for 12 months simultaneously, u can apply for canadian citizenship!

Reaction score
i dont know about best canadian universities

BUT if u apply to any course, go for a CO-OP course

instead of a normal course

so go for
"Co-op engineering"

NOT for
"engineering"

Co-op is a paid internship course. Your course is lengtened from 4 years to 5 years. Within an year, you gain job experience sort of. And if you impress your employer, he may hire you after your graduation

if you remain employed for 12 months simultaneously, u can apply for canadian citizenship!
Hmmm.. :D
Thanks.. :) :)
I already know some of the best universities but was asking for more info. :D

Reaction score
i am really confused after getting b in pak studies AND islamaiat and one A in urdu in OLEVEL (o-2) please tell me that are 7 a's IN OLEVEL ok to get scholarship in foreign universities and also does olevel grades matter or alevels (WHICH ONE MATTERS MORE)

Reaction score
If you want to get scholarships in foreign universities,

i say aim for at least 8A. 10A or more would be great

BUT there are other things universities, want like extra-corricular activities. Winning competitions (NOT JUST PARTICIPATION)

join the debating society of ur school. O2 is the perfect time to do so. If you want to, then you can repeat pakst and isl

What do you want to do? course?
Even with a scholarship, you must pay around 10-15 lakh per year in a foreign university

SO, you must keep your options open in pakistan

Last year 95% of candidates who got admission in LUMS had at least 6A or above in olevels

For pakst paper 2, geography, you can also consult my book
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5gbk65gamme599k

Reaction score
I'm currently doing my A Level having Physics, Chemistry and Maths as my subjects. I choose chemical engineer to be my career in the future but I still keep my options open. I want to pursue my studies abroad specifically in UK. Any advice for my career options and which uni is the best for engineers? I have Imperial College in my mind, what do you think about it? I want the vey best way of becoming a successful engineer having both experience and qualification. Help please! Thanks in advance

Reaction score
i want to study law then be a barrister so 7 As good for me to get scholarship in good law schools or should i take a re attempt of pak studies or islamiat???

Reaction score
what can I possibly do after bachelors in computer sciences in Pakistan?

Reaction score
where do u want to study law?
pakistan or abroad

would do external cources offered by university of london from roots islamabad or some other university in pakistan which offers external cources of various uk universities in pakistan

Reaction score
I want to pursue Physics after my A lev, get a degree and all. Best institution in Lahore? Many people are recommending LUMS. What is the admission criteria? I have heard they have a test in Feb. Any information regarding this test will be helpful! :)

Reaction score
I want to pursue Physics after my A lev, get a degree and all. Best institution in Lahore? Many people are recommending LUMS. What is the admission criteria? I have heard they have a test in Feb. Any information regarding this test will be helpful! :)

well 95% of students who got admission into LUMS in 2012, they had 6A or above in Olevel
in Alevels, they give you a MINIMUM requirement of 2B and a C, if you manage to get admission through the entry test

i dont know about the entry test, as i did not give it. Sorry