• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Career and University Counselling (all careers, US,UK,Canadian, Pak universities)

Reaction score
If you know what you are going to do 6 months after you graduate and can measure it realistically then you know what you are doing is right.

But if that's only an imagination then, it's a wake up call.

Reaction score
I am thinking about pursuing chartered accountancy as a career.Still to keep my options open i have opted for Phy Chem Bio and Math in A levels.Iwanted to become a doctor but that takes too long .
So is pursuing Chartered Accountancy a good choice for me in means of earning and job satisfaction plus working hours?
What are good institutions for accountancy here and abroad?

Another query:
I want to go abroad to study but that can only be possible if i achieve a full/100% scholarship (or atleast a feasible student loan) .What should i do to achieve that?i am in A1 and my Ol result was 8a*s and an a
I know success is not only through hard work but technique.Im a hardworker ,what should be my technique?

Reaction score
If you have made up your mind that you don't want to become a doctor then study at least 1 subject that is related to becoming a CA, such as accounting. This combination does open options for you to get admissions but the thing is at university you have a really short preparation time in which you hardly get time to revise stuff you studied, learning the techniques from the beginning is way more hard. So, you should have learnt the technique of approaching a particular subject otherwise you will struggle to score at uni.

Job satisfaction: Well I'll say that is relative. It depends on what you are expecting (I won't assume that because you didn't state that explicitly). The other thing is aptitude which determines whether you will enjoy a particular nature of job or not. But yea generally CA's are paid good and as for a girl they are paid enough. I however, can't guarantee a male bias in this job because that depends on the attitude and requirements of the employer.

For abroad, if you get financial aid (for which you should apply to the USA, and need to go to a school which sends students to USA, you need to complete the application smartly and for that your school helps if they are experienced at sending students abroad, very important).

Your grades are great, that shouldn't be a problem. If you apply abroad then target courses like Economics at the undergraduate level. Most of the foreign econ grads are working on top level managerial posts in your countries biggest banks and are getting way more than a CA so if you do indeed get admitted abroad at a high rank institution then aim even higher and do your undergrad in Economics, you can then later do your masters in Economics and Finance, MBA finance. That guarantees you a great job.

If you want to pursue CA as a career then study it in Pakistan but if you want to go abroad use the above path instead as that will bring even higher rewards.

Reaction score
Mechanical and Electrical are having scope in Pakistan. Professionals are getting around 80k a month after 5 years of experience. Starting salary can vary between 35-50 depending on your profile, industry, links.

The other are more specialized developed world fields or alternatively the middle east.

Reaction score
I am thinking about pursuing chartered accountancy as a career.Still to keep my options open i have opted for Phy Chem Bio and Math in A levels.Iwanted to become a doctor but that takes too long .
So is pursuing Chartered Accountancy a good choice for me in means of earning and job satisfaction plus working hours?
What are good institutions for accountancy here and abroad?

Another query:
I want to go abroad to study but that can only be possible if i achieve a full/100% scholarship (or atleast a feasible student loan) .What should i do to achieve that?i am in A1 and my Ol result was 8a*s and an a
I know success is not only through hard work but technique.Im a hardworker ,what should be my technique?

Yes, doing CA is a nice choice

Reaction score
Mechanical and Electrical are having scope in Pakistan. Professionals are getting around 80k a month after 5 years of experience. Starting salary can vary between 35-50 depending on your profile, industry, links.

The other are more specialized developed world fields or alternatively the middle east.
what are my chances of getting employed in middle east if i graduate from a pakistani university? talking about the modern fields...

Reaction score
Depends on your experience and luck and of course where you graduate from. On a general note however, the Middle East's attitude to people from underdeveloped countries is not very good in that you might see a graduate from North America/UK earning twice more after 10 years of experience than a fellow from India or Pakistan. But still however the amount will be better than what you will be getting in Pakistan, if not far better.

Reaction score
What are the job prospects of someone who gets a science degree like a BSc in Physics etc?

Reaction score
Average in Pakistan. Pure natural science degrees are more research oriented whereby you need a PhD to get recognition, in Pakistan this will only help you if you are a graduate of a foreign high rank university.

Outside of Pakistan the prospects are better, you can get jobs in a variety of industries including banking as an analyst.

Reaction score
does the career or later job depends alot on getting jobs later into organisations?
and how much does the SAT II helps in getting into universities in Pakistan?

Reaction score
Bro can you tell me that which university is best for engineering in pakistan and if we want to go abroad which university graduate will get a job quickly.
People have told me that NUST and UET are good but i still need to confirm.

Reaction score
ok thanks and can you tell me that howmuch % marks are needed in fsc or alevel if we want to get admission in UET electrical and mechanical engineering?

Reaction score
Didn't get your first statement.

SAT II is only effective if you use it as an option in case you think you might not do so well on the entry test. Trying to do well on the entry test is the better way out.

Reaction score
Should I go for genetic engineering?
I am confused because many ppl are against this field at least that's what I think :/
Are there any Islamic issues concerned? (I even want ur advice badrobot14)