• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Career and University Counselling (all careers, US,UK,Canadian, Pak universities)

Reaction score
Have any related queries? Please let it out here for guidance

->University admissions
-> Subject selection
-> Career selection

Hey !! im doing my IGCSE mayjune2014examinations but after that i have no idea wat to do .. there are sum careers that i actually wanna take but im soo confused.. the options i wanna go for in bachelors in psychology, bachelors in hotel management, bachelors in forensic science or engineering is the last option but its really gud and valued but i have no interest in any of the fields of engineering -_- yeahh ive an option of mass communcation too :p yeahh quite lot of options thats y im confused and all diffrent fields ..
i always wanted to be in intelligence department so i wanna take forensic science but its not really easy to get in there :/ and i lyk sciences as im doing my igcse in maths english phy chem computer studies soo i kinda think business is not my thing as my creativity sucks and imagining skills suck :p and one disadvantage of forensic sciences is in pak unfortunately no university offers that
then psychology yeahhh i kinda lyk to understand people and solve their problems, guide them is my thing too but the career opportunities are not soo vast
hotel management is a rising career nowadays so i wanted to take it and all that possibilities of workking in amazing hotels, resorts, cruises thats wat makes me interested in that ...
coming to mass communication it will be my option after forensic sciences and psychology it has many opportunities in that way its gud but as ive not studied subjects for business lyk accounting economics marketing and watever it includes so im kind of doubtful if ill be able to take those subjects if im not good in those subjects then an option of engineering which is a great degreee to make a career out of but no field is interesting to me when it comes to engineering :/

im really confused which subjects shud i take in alevels becz before choosing alevels i shud choose which degree i wanna take accordingly i wud choose the subjects ofcz ... in my school ryt now except for chemistry and english im taking every subjects tuition and preparing for my igcse on my own bcz no gud teachers in my skool all are frm cbse board just came frm india and stuff .. basic point is im scared to do alevels now so i was also wondering to switch my examination board after my igcse (olevels) and do highskool for the college years (11-12)

i want a gud degree by which i can live on my own whenever i want .. but when it comes to a department lyk intelligence i wud love to work my whole life
i really need help in this pleaseee guide.. really worried abt this

thanking in advance :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi. I need career counselling atm! I recently finished my AS-Level with Computing "A", Accounts "B" and Maths "C". Mind you that i'm not really good at maths. So far A-Levels is getting tougher this year but i can handle it and I am planning to study in Canada in God's will that i do! Though in the university i am trying to apply for i see no program that would suit my career, computing,maths and accounts. I am very talented at computing and it is my main subject. I also enjoy studying accounts but i have no feel for myself becoming an accountant or anything similar to it. I really do want to go for Computing program courses but most of which i want to go for mainly needs physics and chemistry which i didnt take. Is there any thing i can do? Are there programs which can be availible for me in the field of computers? Thanks!

Reaction score
Well you should have taken science subjects if you planned it all along
strong math is necessary in many areas of programming as well, so you need to work very hard at that
Accounts is indeed the strongest card you have got and be prepared to play it as career too
Any possibility of taking atleast 1 science subject ?

Reaction score
I was actually following my fathers footsteps. Unfortunately i havnt taken any science subjects and because of the way i saw him work, I thought science subjects were unnecessary and i thought that doing the commerce stream would help me instead and taking atleast 1 science subjects would cost me 1 year of my life which i wouldnt want to waste. So is there any other solutions?
Thank you again for helping me!

Reaction score
Thank you again. Im currently considering accounting course. So its either accounting or im gonna have to take the trouble of going through computers? If possible can you specify what fields in computers is still applicable?
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Thank you again. Im currently considering accounting course. So its either accounting or im gonna have to take the trouble of going through computers? If possible can you specify what fields in computers is still applicable?
Thanks in advance

yeah well accounting side will be the best bet as I see, computer side isnt impossible too though I think many small private unis would give you admission for a course without having science subjects because stuff like programming, networking etc, dont need a very strong scientific base but dunno about Bahrain in particular.

Im a science student so I havent got much knowledge about business side fields in particular :p
If possible try to find some common ground between computers and accounting in some course, though had you taken economics I would say actuarial sciences but you arent good at math and havent got economics as well so there goes nothing

No chance at all of taking up more subjects ?? Take either economics or science subs that would make it all a hell lot easier

Reaction score
Well i doubt ill be able to take any other subjects as i would costing my years. But i have somethings sorted out by now! Im still considering the science subjects! Thank you very very much Faizan!
Goodluck with whatever you're doing too!
Regards -Max

Reaction score
Hello
Can you plz help me
I want to apply for Australian universities.My olevels grades are 4As(phy,chem,math& pak studies)and 4Bs and my Aslevel grades are 2A and 1B(A in phy and math,B in chem),Currently I am doing my A level final year.I have also given Ielts and have overall 7 and Atleast 6.5 in each module.My budget is not more than 9 lacs.
I want to apply in Australian universities which are ranked in between 150-200.
Kindly help me out,I will be very thankful to you.

Regards

Reaction score
Hey I would like to know about the overseas method for applying in Pakistani Universities?
best would be to contact the university admission office via their contact office and check their websites. Usually all relevant details are posted there.

Reaction score
Sir, please fill me in regarding the career prospects of avionics and aeronautical engineering here in Pakistan and abroad...
Moreover, which one is the best to go for. i.e avionics or aeronautical in terms of career ?

Last edited: