• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

FSc Or Alevels???????.Help NEEDED

What do u think is better to do after Olevels...if u wanna keep ur options for both Medical and Engi

• Total voters
Reaction score
hmmm :/ is private colleges good?

You can't get a lot of governmental medical jobs through a private college, because most of them aren't even fully recognized, like Hamid Latif. You'll have to do some original things, but I'm not 100% sure.
Still government colleges are surely better than private ones. Private ones are only like last resorts if you can't get into any government ones.
This leads to another question I have, after doing A levels, and not getting addmission into any Pakistan medical colleges, is it better to choose Pakistani private medical colleges, or foreign medical colleges from other countries, maybe private or governmental or whatever?

Reaction score
You can't get a lot of governmental medical jobs through a private college, because most of them aren't even fully recognized, like Hamid Latif. You'll have to do some original things, but I'm not 100% sure.
Still government colleges are surely better than private ones. Private ones are only like last resorts if you can't get into any government ones.
This leads to another question I have, after doing A levels, and not getting addmission into any Pakistan medical colleges, is it better to choose Pakistani private medical colleges, or foreign medical colleges from other countries, maybe private or governmental or whatever?

i am more confused now :(
i think i will end up in private, but then i wont get job? like you study for nothing :|

Reaction score
its false that you wont get a job

private medical colleges mei aim high like cmh and shifa etc

govt. colleges shud b ur first choice though

Fatimah Jinah college is Private Or Governmental ?
yes plz do pray for me that i at-least my this years AS result will be good....

Reaction score
FJ is govt

can you inbox me ur grades
i cud guide u better

in I.G.C.S.E i got 1A 3B 2C
and my AS grades are about to come in August
then i have to do AL
so yeah :/ i was just wondering that will i even be eligible for medicine with such grades?
and thank you so much for your consideration

Reaction score
Waiting.. for my IGCSE's (Edexcel) Results.. for 5 subs Expecting 3-4 A*s / 1-2 A's

Will most likely take A-Levels, as FSc is quite different and much harder to transition from IGCSE's..

Reaction score
i dont knw wat career to choose :/ yeaa but i want it to be science related not bussiness related .. soo im confused abt the subjects to take in alevels... i wanna do bachelors in forensic sciences or any career related to country forces field lyk intelligent agencies and stuff .. i live in UAE .. I wanna be a criminologist thats where my interest lies in :D but those sort of courses are not available in pk or UAE.. and i think i can do well in bachelors in psychology aswell but the jobs are very limited.
if i want to keep my options open then i shud take maths phy chem and bio but then im kindaa to take all four major sciences subjects :( i really need help to decidee

Reaction score
i dont knw wat career to choose :/ yeaa but i want it to be science related not bussiness related .. soo im confused abt the subjects to take in alevels... i wanna do bachelors in forensic sciences or any career related to country forces field lyk intelligent agencies and stuff .. i live in UAE .. I wanna be a criminologist thats where my interest lies in :D but those sort of courses are not available in pk or UAE.. and i think i can do well in bachelors in psychology aswell but the jobs are very limited.
if i want to keep my options open then i shud take maths phy chem and bio but then im kindaa to take all four major sciences subjects :( i really need help to decidee
OMG :eek: are you my soul? i mean i have the very same problem :eek: and the very same situation....i dont know what career to choose.....but something science related.....

Reaction score
Waiting.. for my IGCSE's (Edexcel) Results.. for 5 subs Expecting 3-4 A*s / 1-2 A's

Will most likely take A-Levels, as FSc is quite different and much harder to transition from IGCSE's..

Ma sha ALLAH :) may you succeed in life and hereafter...

Reaction score

As u have stated that u wanna be criminologist then biology and chemistry is must along with any othr one sub in Alevels. By choosing these sub u can go in biomedical sciences , biotechnology,bio chemistry ,cell biology and criminology. and maths will be preferable as ur third sub.
and if u don't wanna be a Dr or don't want to go in the field of chem then maths and phy are must and there's no need of bio or even chem for it.

So to keep your all options open then go for all of these 4 subjects in Alevels.

Reaction score
OMG :eek: are you my soul? i mean i have the very same problem :eek: and the very same situation....i dont know what career to choose.....but something science related.....

Go for that career in which u have an interest and which should have alot of job opportunities when you graduate from the university.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As u have stated that u wanna be criminologist then biology and chemistry is must along with any othr one sub in Alevels. By choosing these sub u can go in biomedical sciences , biotechnology,bio chemistry ,cell biology and criminology. and maths will be preferable as ur third sub.
and if u don't wanna be a Dr or don't want to go in the field of chem then maths and phy are must and there's no need of bio or even chem for it.

So to keep your all options open then go for all of these 4 subjects in Alevels.
aS u replied to dumb human that we shud go for the career where we get job opprtunities so wid a criminologist degree the job opportunites are good ?
and wont it be really difficult to keep all major science subjects ?? :/
and one more question i didnt take bio in igcse, can i take edexcel bio in as/alevels ?? or is it necessary that i shud give igcse bio first ??
i understand people really well so i was thinking of bachelors in psychology azwell is it gud for jobs ?

and thanks alot for taking tym out and replyingg :D

Reaction score
ahhh believe me i feel better after knwing that sumone else is going through same otherwise im just mostly feeling soo dumb :/ now i knw im not alone in this lool :D

Reaction score
aS u replied to dumb human that we shud go for the career where we get job opprtunities so wid a criminologist degree the job opportunites are good ?
and wont it be really difficult to keep all major science subjects ?? :/
and one more question i didnt take bio in igcse, can i take edexcel bio in as/alevels ?? or is it necessary that i shud give igcse bio first ??
i understand people really well so i was thinking of bachelors in psychology azwell is it gud for jobs ?

and thanks alot for taking tym out and replyingg :D

Yes of course criminologist do have a vast opportunities for the jobs especially in Uk there's a great demand for them if im not wrong.
Well if depends from person to person ...Ppl do scare about that but personally i feel NO.

idk about edexal but for CIE , one can take biology in Alevels without studing in Olevels but it will get difficult to understand as the basic concepts are in Olevels ...so i'll suggest u to cover and study Olevels bio asap and then immediately start studying Alevels biology ...without appearing in Olevels biology. and onething more ..In AS bio hardly one or two chs are releated from Olevels bio so atleast u can easily cope ur with AS.

I think yes and it will be better then criminology ....but for that u have to study BIOLOGY in Alevels :p

you're welcome :)

Reaction score
Yes of course criminologist do have a vast opportunities for the jobs especially in Uk there's a great demand for them if im not wrong.
Well if depends from person to person ...Ppl do scare about that but personally i feel NO.

idk about edexal but for CIE , one can take biology in Alevels without studing in Olevels but it will get difficult to understand as the basic concepts are in Olevels ...so i'll suggest u to cover and study Olevels bio asap and then immediately start studying Alevels biology ...without appearing in Olevels biology. and onething more ..In AS bio hardly one or two chs are releated from Olevels bio so atleast u can easily cope ur with AS.

I think yes and it will be better then criminology ....but for that u have to study BIOLOGY in Alevels :p

you're welcome :)

ahann yaa thats wat i was thinking the same to prepare for igcse bio but not give exam for it .. so ur saying in ur opinion after bachelors in psychology there wil be more job opportunities than criminologists ? :p