• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

FSc Or Alevels???????.Help NEEDED

What do u think is better to do after Olevels...if u wanna keep ur options for both Medical and Engi

• Total voters
Reaction score
my merit for giki is 3626..(got rejected)...btw i got into lums,didnt go becauz they didn't offer me financial aid.:cry: ..do u really think i will get into nust? i regret my decision of doin alevels:(
dont panic nust is different from gik good thing about nust is that even if you get merit like 2500-3000 you will still get in the seats are far greater in nust

Reaction score
my merit for giki is 3626..(got rejected)...btw i got into lums,didnt go becauz they didn't offer me financial aid.:cry: ..do u really think i will get into nust? i regret my decision of doin alevels:(
what grades did u get in ur ALevels?

Reaction score
if u have make up ur mind that you will ONLY study abroad then go for alevels. if u have to study in your country then FSC is also fine for admission in universities. Its economical as compared to alevels.

Reaction score
if u have make up ur mind that you will ONLY study abroad then go for alevels. if u have to study in your country then FSC is also fine for admission in universities. Its economical as compared to alevels.
but if we get full scholarship then?

Reaction score
Itz a nice topic.Since I am even sailing in the same boat, I would prefer u to take fsc.1s if u have done o lvl then fsc will be a piece of cake. :D
My small sister is doing fa and now I am going to finish igcse (olvl)
When ever I look at my sister's txtbk I feel like *EASY HEY SAB* bcause I have learned it from a higher equivalent than lower but if u r giing from fa to alvl then HARD WORK IS REQUIRED :/ :)

Reaction score
o level grades..6 a's 3b's as level grades 2c's and 1'b ( i knw! i screwed my AS)
Well what is your SSC equivalence? U need to re-give Alevels

The fault isnt alevel or fsc. Its the way you probably studied for exams

Reaction score
Well what is your SSC equivalence? U need to re-give Alevels

The fault isnt alevel or fsc. Its the way you probably studied for exams
my SSC equvilance is 82.55 %,, i dnt think i need to regive my a-levels :) :p already enrolled in a uni

Reaction score
Well thats good. Many people dont get into a university these days specially in govt medical colleges (i know many and they have to take a gap year). Thats why I suggested

Reaction score
Hi there.I wanted to ask that I am completing my o lvl in arts/commerce this m/june and wanted to do my 11 and 12 well.So can u guys pls prefer what to take Fa or A lvl.I am coming back to pakistan and study there so that's y. :p
Is fsc a great opinion 2 if u do it privately??? :(

Reaction score
I AM GONNA GIVE YOU AN HONEST ADVICE..PLEASE GO FOR FSC,,i did a levels..i am giving entry test, they all are based on fsc,,,,,no faida of doing alevel..TRUST ME (I REGRET MY DECISION OF DOING A LEVELS,FSC MATHS IS SO DIFFERENT FROM A LEVELS)..I AM SUFFERING A LOT
Can you tell me how it is different? Is A levels maths more difficult than that of Fsc...
And are u planning to do engineering?

Reaction score
Hehehehe! I like yr question.Well! Yes I WAS planning to do engineering but later I regret it as I knew it was a long field and I wanted an easy one.Maths in fsc is totally different from a lvl.My lil sister gave an entry test in an pak school(from British circular to pak fsc 9 and 10) and scored 3 out of 25 in maths.She said that itz totally different but valuable 2.Fsc is only good for living and working in pakistan but for abroad plsss take alvls and they think that u r having a fake degree. :/
I wanted to go to P.A.F but later my cousins and father told that u have 2 join the army (might be for some btr opinion) and yes then I will INSHALLAH go for cobra heli fighter and that requires physics 2 bcause I am doing igcse in commerce N when I will come to pak I will do fsc and try 2 drop chemistry
:D

Reaction score
Can you tell me how it is different? Is A levels maths more difficult than that of Fsc...
And are u planning to do engineering?
Fsc maths is a bit detailed version of A'level maths..yes i am doin engineering, 2nd semester in software engineering.

Reaction score
Fsc maths is a bit detailed version of A'level maths..yes i am doin engineering, 2nd semester in software engineering.
Ohh... I thought that A level maths would be difficult than Fsc's :/ I guess I was wrong. :s
And do u have any problem adjusting to the whole 'ratta-type' atmosphere? :p

Reaction score
my SSC equvilance is 82.55 %,, i dnt think i need to regive my a-levels :) :p already enrolled in a uni
maths is more detailed they go into lot of details we dont they use alot of formulaes which make work more complicated

Reaction score
Ohh... I thought that A level maths would be difficult than Fsc's :/ I guess I was wrong. :s
And do u have any problem adjusting to the whole 'ratta-type' atmosphere? :p
i am doing engineering from UMT and honestly i was surprised! the system here was A-level type.no ratta! nothing! on the other hand one of my friends is in NUST and she constantly complains about the ratta system.she is having a hard time adjusting. so i guess i am lucky to where i am now ;)
LUMS has no ratta system although medical colleges have full ratta system. not sure about the other universities

Reaction score
Are you talking about A level or inter?
inter it has over details excessive use of formulaes. we have in A level covering all fields of maths i:e pure math advance maths, stats advance stats and mechanics and advance mechanics all in internationaly rec ratio but inter just has pure maths. telling from experience and observence