• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

As Physics Unit3 Discussion

Reaction score
viscosity decreases with increase in temperature
example oil when temperature is cold it has high viscosity doest flow tht well but when we heat it viscosity increases and it flows faster :)
you confused me with that :S..example oil when temperature is cold it has high viscosity doest flow tht well but when we heat it viscosity increases and it flows faster..?

Reaction score
you confused me with that :S..example oil when temperature is cold it has high viscosity doest flow tht well but when we heat it viscosity increases and it flows faster..?
what i mean is when oil is at room temperature viscosity is high
when it is heated in pan
and then poured into a bottle it has low viscosity
so when temperature is high viscosity is low
and when temprature is low viscosity is high
they are inversly proportioned
*viscosity relates ot a liquids stickiness tht is its resistance to flow

Reaction score
like it flows faster at high temperatures and slower and low temperatures - oil tht is or nay liqid for tht matter .

Reaction score
what i mean is when oil is at room temperature viscosity is high
when it is heated in pan
and then poured into a bottle it has low viscosity
so when temperature is high viscosity is low
and when temprature is low viscosity is high
they are inversly proportioned
*viscosity relates ot a liquids stickiness tht is its resistance to flow
so if the viscosity is high..then the liquid flows slowly?

Reaction score
thankyou so much..finally got it :D..good luck with the paper :(
good luck to you too and i jsut noticed my mistake :)
its viscosity decrease and flows faster sry :p
best of luck wiht ur paper :)

Reaction score
good luck to you too and i jsut noticed my mistake :)
its viscosity decrease and flows faster sry :p
best of luck wiht ur paper :)
the only thing i wanted to know..was about proportionality..if you told me that in the begining i wouldve understood everything :D.thanks aloot!! appreciate that.

Reaction score
For uncertainty, this is the way I was taught.

If you have 3 values, for example: 14.7, 14.9, 15.1

To find the mean, it is (14.7 + 14.9 + 15.1)/3 = 14.9

Now to find the uncertainty, it's the highest - mean and then the mean - the lowest added together and divided by 2.

So, 15.1 - 14.9 = 0.2,
14.9 - 14.7 = 0.2

=> (0.2+0.2)/2 = 0.2
And thus it is 14.9 +/- 0.2 And thus the uncertainty is 0.2/14.9 * 100% = 1.34% (3sf) Hope that clears your problem up. ^^ Good luck to everyone today!

Reaction score
For uncertainty, this is the way I was taught.

If you have 3 values, for example: 14.7, 14.9, 15.1

To find the mean, it is (14.7 + 14.9 + 15.1)/3 = 14.9

Now to find the uncertainty, it's the highest - mean and then the mean - the lowest added together and divided by 2.

So, 15.1 - 14.9 = 0.2,
14.9 - 14.7 = 0.2

=> (0.2+0.2)/2 = 0.2
And thus it is 14.9 +/- 0.2 And thus the uncertainty is 0.2/14.9 * 100% = 1.34% (3sf) Hope that clears your problem up. ^^ Good luck to everyone today!

thank you so much ! but hey i asked ma friend n wat he said was when you find uncertinity you subtract highest - mean !
n then you mean - lowest .. n choose the one which is more as the uncertinity ? is that true too ?
thx again =p

Reaction score
thank you so much ! but hey i asked ma friend n wat he said was when you find uncertinity you subtract highest - mean !
n then you mean - lowest .. n choose the one which is more as the uncertinity ? is that true too ?
thx again =p
dont u do highest value-lowest value/2 to get uncertanity idk wat u guys are doing .... :S

Reaction score
dont u do highest value-lowest value/2 to get uncertanity idk wat u guys are doing .... :S
ahahhaha ! man me neither ! everyone i asked gave me a complete different way ! =p
am thinkin of givin up on it , this mark wont make much difference =p !

Reaction score

We were told the examiners prefer it differently, my teacher went to a seminar or something, and told us that they wanted us to do it the way I showed.