• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

As Physics Unit3 Discussion

Reaction score
Yo ppl!! What did u guys get 4 d strain enery? was it 0.066J ? So how did u all find the paper overall?

Reaction score
yes it was C
GUYS THE EXPERIMENT did you put a power supply and kept changing the voltage and noting the current or something

Reaction score
for the graph for the last question, wasn't the scale messed up? i ended up using graph paper instead hahaha and i got a value of the strain energy as like 0.076J =p is it still valid? my graph was a straightline but i made it curve right at the end :p not sure if its right but yeah and for q1 mcq i swear you include the anomalies aswell =p

Reaction score
yes it was C
GUYS THE EXPERIMENT did you put a power supply and kept changing the voltage and noting the current or something
I drew a circuit diagram including : Voltmeter, Ammeter , Variable resistor and a power supply. i mentioned that i started the rheostat at max setting to reduce heating effects and gradually lowered it, recording corresponding values of P.D and Current

Reaction score
I drew a circuit diagram including : Voltmeter, Ammeter , Variable resistor and a power supply. i mentioned that i started the rheostat at max setting to reduce heating effects and gradually lowered it, recording corresponding values of P.D and Current
where did the 3.5 battery fit into this and for mcq 1 no i asked my physics teacher in this case you ignore the .42 it was too large of a difference from the others

Reaction score
where did the 3.5 battery fit into this and for mcq 1 no i asked my physics teacher in this case you ignore the .42 it was too large of a difference from the others
Oh haha i forgot about battery, ya you connect a voltmeter parallel to the cell and an ammeter in series to the cell. As you change the settings on the rheostat, the readings tell you how much current and voltage is being supplied to the cell being supplied to the battery. Damn i got 1st question wrong.. great..

Reaction score
I think i just about got an A. I think i lost marks on the last question and the emf question but thats it :p Hopefully all will be good. I have never taken edexcel before btw how does this work? do our online results contain a mark for each paper?

Reaction score
can any one tell me wat came on the question paper....how many questions came???? and wat type of questions for physics unti 3