• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

As Physics Unit3 Discussion

Reaction score
when you draw your line of best fit,does ur line pass above all the points,like are all the points on ONE side of the line or are they evenly distributed on both sides (above and below)?

the poitns ahouls be evenly distributed on both side like atleast if there are 5 poitns and only one is throught he line of best fit u like have 2 points on top of the slope and two points below :)

Reaction score
may be thx :)
even int he mcq's for question 4 why is the answer D
see the question says wen the diode just begins to conduct;
first of all we eliminate the choices which do not have a variable supply, coz diode needs a variable supply
so eliminate choice B and C. so we have A and D left. now see , which part of diode is connected to the battery in A it is forward biased which gives maximum current (doesnt give enough time to note down the pd across diode, see knee voltage) In D, it is reverse biased, in reverse biased the range is longer (see till leakage current, breakdown voltage is after this) Thus u can note down the reading wen the diode just begins to conduct.
diode_graph.jpg

Reaction score
see the question says wen the diode just begins to conduct;
first of all we eliminate the choices which do not have a variable supply, coz diode needs a variable supply
so eliminate choice B and C. so we have A and D left. now see , which part of diode is connected to the battery in A it is forward biased which gives maximum current (doesnt give enough time to note down the pd across diode, see knee voltage) In D, it is reverse biased, in reverse biased the range is longer (see till leakage current, breakdown voltage is after this) Thus u can note down the reading wen the diode just begins to conduct.
diode_graph.jpg
THANK you soo much

Reaction score
cool . i have doutb and the problem is i dont understand the first mcq. how are u supposed to knw which one to choose ?? thx :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
ok, now u=sin i/sin r right ? and i have a problem in finding i and r :S and am freaking out like this question is set for 7 marks.

Reaction score
Can anybody please help me solve Q8.b.i) May 2011 Physics unit 3B

Buddy,u draw the connecting line,and then draw the normals at BOTH (A and B)
now focus on A,measure angle i and angle r and do the sini/sin r
get value for n

now focus on B,do same as A
get value for n

Now average both of them out,and thats your final answer :)

Reaction score
ok, now u=sin i/sin r right ? and i have a problem in finding i and r :S and am freaking out like this question is set for 7 marks.

What do u mean by " problem in finding i and r :S"
like what kind of problem?
get confused over which is i and r?

Reaction score
Buddy,u draw the connecting line,and then draw the normals at BOTH (A and B)
now focus on A,measure angle i and angle r and do the sini/sin r
get value for n

now focus on B,do same as A
get value for n

Now average both of them out,and thats your final answer :)
Oww ok thanks alot you really helped me out (y)