• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths paper 2.. 2012!!

Reaction score
When
did we have to use any formula? hw is the value 4 k 1.25? din we have to divide by 2?
there are parallel lines, the gradient is the same, so first we convert the equation in y=mx+c form, then we get k/2 = 5/4 so 10/4= k, so you get k as 2.5 or 5/2 or 10/4

Reaction score
For this, the ask u an equation for the line which passes through the origin(0,0), so u could only have 4 possible solutions(since it has to pass through origin) for this either y=0(which will be a horizantal line through), x=0(which will be a vertical line through 0), y=x, y=-x.
For y=x, y=-x, and y=o, these lines would interesect the graphs, thereby the answer is x=0
Also for cumulative frequency graphs do I've to start from 0 if the give me the first data as: t<=2 and c.f=24???
I'll appreciate ur answer

Reaction score
please any one does any one have any idea on to go about maths b paper 2
thanks

Reaction score
"Invariant" means doesn't change or permanent.. so if the shear is parallel to the x-axis the values change so its Y invariant, parallel to axis and invariant axis are the opposite things
wait until da markin scheme arrives! :p

Reaction score
hi how r u I've one more doubt in this 2011 m/j p43 q11 part(v)
I can't get how to solve it at all...
Thanks
hey! fyn thnk u. wbu?
You have to find a formula for the nth term.​
When a sequence of numbers is given, ex:
3, 6,9,12,…
Find the difference. In this case, the difference between 3 and 6 is 3. The difference between 6 and 9 is 3, so we use "an + b" to find the formula. Using this, we have to form 2 possible formulas.
When n=1, and when n=2 (you can also form a formula when n=3, or 4, but I used when n=1, and 2)
In this case, when n=1, the formula is a+b=3
When n=2, the formula is 2a+b=6
Using elimination method or substitution method, find a and b. you then have the formula for the nth term.
If the difference between the numbers is not the same, ex: if the difference between the first and second is 1, n the difference between the second and third is 2, den we use "an^2 + bn + c"
Ex: if the sequence is 2,6,12,20,30,…
The difference between the first and second number is 4, the difference between the second number and the third number is 6, and the difference between the third number and the fourth number is 8. These differences arr not the same, so we find the difference of these numbers. The difference between 4 and 6 is 2, and the difference between 6 and 8 is 2, so we use "an^2+bn+c".We have to form 3 equations because we have to find the values of a, b and c.
When n=1, a+b+c=2
When n=2, 4a+2b+c=6
When n=3, 9a+3b+c=12
First use 2 of the equations:
The second minus the first will form: 3a+b=4
The third minus the second will form: 5a+b=6
(you can choose which of the equations you want to use to form the second set of equations. It doesn't necessarily have to be the second minus the first, and the third minus the second. It can also be the third minus the first, or any other way)
Find a and b using the newly formed equations, then substitute those values in one of the main equations to find the value of c. You now have the equation for the nth term of dis sequence.
Hope this has helped you!!!​