• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths paper 2.. 2012!!

Reaction score
points move parallel to the invariant line, so it's da x-axis.
"Invariant" means doesn't change or permanent.. so if the shear is parallel to the x-axis the values change so its Y invariant, parallel to axis and invariant axis are the opposite things

Reaction score
For this all u need to do is measure 1 cm on the x-axis using a ruler and see how much that 1 cm represents according to the scale used for the x-axis. Then u see how much 1 cm with your ruler represents according to scale used for x-axis.
1 cm on x-axis= 0.5 minutes
1cm on y-axis=5 frequency density
Now multiply both to get 2.5! This method is similar to measuring area of a rectangle: length x breadth since u need to get how much 1 cm^2 represents!
thank u soo much...inshalla u will get A* in all the subjects...the thing about the question is that I didn't realize that I need to measure..thank u again..
one more question really I can't understand is in 2010 m/j 43 q6 part c only....plz try ur best becauz this question I struggled on it with no us!

Reaction score
thank u soo much...inshalla u will get A* in all the subjects...the thing about the question is that I didn't realize that I need to measure..thank u again..
one more question really I can't understand is in 2010 m/j 43 q6 part c only....plz try ur best becauz this question I struggled on it with no us!
u hv to find the x values where the line x+1/x does not intersect the graph. de ans r 1, 0 and -1

Reaction score
which

graph u mean?
sry, i mean da values for k r da y values which wen drawn thru, does nt intersect the graph of x+1/x.
eg: wen u draw da line of y=1, it does not intersect the curve, ryt? so 1 is one of the values of k.

Reaction score
sry, i mean da values for k r da y values which wen drawn thru, does nt intersect the graph of x+1/x.
eg: wen u draw da line of y=1, it does not intersect the curve, ryt? so 1 is one of the values of k.
thank u a bunch....other question about graphs too....
m/j 2009 p4 q5 part e
I wonder y the answer cannot be y=x???

Reaction score
For this, the ask u an equation for the line which passes through the origin(0,0), so u could only have 4 possible solutions(since it has to pass through origin) for this either y=0(which will be a horizantal line through), x=0(which will be a vertical line through 0), y=x, y=-x.
For y=x, y=-x, and y=o, these lines would interesect the graphs, thereby the answer is x=0
r u sure? coz wen we did dis question, my teacher said da ans is y=x