• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
9 th one is easy you can straight away strike of A since an ester should have been formed and it's not frmed
B is fi9 cuz Oh is replaced with an acid group
C is fi9 too but according to how i see if i wouln't have any other choice then i would have gone with C the reason why i amn't chosing C is because O-Na+ can rduce H from Carboxylic group
D has the same problem as C Cl group can reduce the other OH part also so B would be the rather only sensible one

Reaction score
9 th one is easy you can straight away strike of A since an ester should have been formed and it's not frmed
B is fi9 cuz Oh is replaced with an acid group
C is fi9 too but according to how i see if i wouln't have any other choice then i would have gone with C the reason why i amn't chosing C is because O-Na+ can rduce H from Carboxylic group
D has the same problem as C Cl group can reduce the other OH part also so B would be the rather only sensible one
Okay Ty
same here I thought of A and C!

Reaction score
Okay...Answer is A
I don't know I'm solving these from the classified ones I found online ignore question 10 can you help in quetsion 9 and 11 ?
Please and thank you

Qn 9.
A. Wrong. Cause the ester group is formed on the wrong location.
B. Correct. Ester group formed between the alcohol and acid functional groups.
C. Wrong. This is supposed to be an acid + carbonate reaction. The COOH should be the one forming COO-Na+

Qn 11.
upload_2015-3-14_7-37-15.png
Check for trans isomerism (use "diagonally opposite H atoms as a guide), A and B are possible answers.

Between A and B, B is optically active as it has a chiral carbon (carbon joined to 4 different groups).

So B is the answer.

My suggestion is to try questions organized in years, so that it is easier to check within the forum if the question has been answered before. But ultimately, its your preference.

Reaction score
Qn 9.
A. Wrong. Cause the ester group is formed on the wrong location.
B. Correct. Ester group formed between the alcohol and acid functional groups.
C. Wrong. This is supposed to be an acid + carbonate reaction. The COOH should be the one forming COO-Na+

Qn 11.
View attachment 51116
Check for trans isomerism (use "diagonally opposite H atoms as a guide), A and B are possible answers.

Between A and B, B is optically active as it has a chiral carbon (carbon joined to 4 different groups).

So B is the answer.

My suggestion is to try questions organized in years, so that it is easier to check within the forum if the question has been answered before. But ultimately, its your preference.
Yes I was a bit confused with A and C.
Okay Ty
The topical papers I got from here had the ANSWERS for MCQ's so I checked from there.You are right,though.

Reaction score
image.jpg can somebody explain this example :(
High charge density causes increase in covalent charater OR ionic character? :s

Last edited:
Reaction score
What is the reason for the change in the shape of the graph for BOILING and Melting Points? :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
How to do these ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-15-21-34-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-15-21-34-46.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2015-03-15-21-34-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-15-21-34-26.jpg