• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY PRACTICAL P34???? 26TH MAY

Reaction score
For significant error of counting the no. of bubbles , I wrote about the difficulty in counting no. of bubbles because you had to count the bubbles and watch stopwatch at same time (I saw this answer somewhere in mark scheme for some error question) I also wrote about shaking delivery tube , I had less time and didn't perform the last experiment of inverted syringe so I wrote parallax error quickly (in measuring the displacement of water)
what you wrote to standardise dependent variable? and last part of Q.1 (perhaps for measuring independent variable)?
i wrote about the difficulty in counting point as well....
the variable we had to standardize was the concentration of X so it no longer effects the results and now another variable (next question e.g temp.) would effect the enzyme rate

Reaction score
So do you think it's q and t or only q
did you saw the pictures i attached previously in this thread?
after you see them its clear that T was the correct option. But maybe, there is a chance that both can be right.
the point is that we are only going to loose 1 mark for choosing the wrong one... and then ecf for making the plan diagram correctly.

Reaction score
i wrote about the difficulty in counting point as well....
the variable we had to standardize was the concentration of X so it no longer effects the results and now another variable (next question e.g temp.) would effect the enzyme rate
Don't remember if I wrote about concentration of X or not but wrote about volume. You are right, I did question 2 first and then didn't get enough time at the end as Q.1 was lengthy and time consuming

Reaction score
Don't remember if I wrote about concentration of X or not but wrote about volume. You are right, I did question 2 first and then didn't get enough time at the end as Q.1 was lengthy and time consuming
i think yes question one was too long.... i did question 1 first, then completed the 2nd in around 40 minutes and gave 20 minutes to question one again for its last parts.

Reaction score
We discussed almost the whole paper, in graph, estimate thickness was 36.00 , length of neck (x- axis) and thickness of wall (y- axis)
i think yes question one was too long.... i did question 1 first, then completed the 2nd in around 40 minutes and gave 20 minutes to question one again for its last parts.
do you have chemistry 34?

Reaction score
well... i got something very close to 36.... but not exactly 36...as it was an estimate question i went for 35.80... :)
how was ur bio P1 and P2??
Bio P1 and P2 alhamdullilah good. Only paper that went wrong for me was chemistry P2.
what about you how did your papers go up till now?

Reaction score
Alhamdulillah..... the papers were good..... made a few silly mistakes in the physics P2....and screwed up Bio practicals..... still hoping o get something around 30.... :)

Reaction score
24-26 for A, this practical might have low gt
Yes... i think so.... many people randomly wrote down number of bubbles of oxygen without completing the experiment properly... for that i guess there will be a range in the mark scheme that will be set by the examiner.... as a result many people who randomly wrote down the numbers will lose marks and hence the GT is expected to be low.....