• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY PRACTICAL P34???? 26TH MAY

Reaction score
so Q or R should be the answer as they had thick outer walls and relatively small lumen than S and T, also S and T had thin outer walls. S and T were like veins/capillaries
Bro are you sure you looked at "T" the bottom right image? it was exactly like the images i just attached . and the images i attached are arteries. T was "exact" copy of my first image placed horizontally. Think about it.
All the others as i remember, had smooth inner walls which ends the point and results in one artery that was T.
now take a look at this image, i attached and notice the "inner wall" its wrinkly in artery and not in vein and if u saw "T" its inner wall was wrinkly due to elasticity that is not in a vein.
i think there is no point to argue and we have to wait for the Marking scheme to be sure. :)artery_and_vein_ts.jpg

Reaction score
Bro are you sure you looked at "T" the bottom right image? it was exactly like the images i just attached . and the images i attached are arteries. T was "exact" copy of my first image placed horizontally. Think about it.
All the others as i remember, had smooth inner walls which ends the point and results in one artery that was T.
now take a look at this image, i attached and notice the "inner wall" its wrinkly in artery and not in vein and if u saw "T" its inner wall was wrinkly due to elasticity that is not in a vein.
i think there is no point to argue and we have to wait for the Marking scheme to be sure. :)View attachment 54140
Alright, perhaps you are right , it was probably for 1 mark and then 4 marks of diagram which will be hopefully ecf

Reaction score
the number of bubbles for my experiment increased as the concentration of X was increased.....how much marks will i lose for that? :(

Reaction score
the number of bubbles for my experiment increased as the concentration of X was increased.....how much marks will i lose for that? :(
that means you also did the part one of the writing questions wrong too? in which we had to mention inhibitors...
if you are only talking about results in table then you will loose 3 marks which were for the results and will get 2 marks for drawing table and headings if correct.

Reaction score
that means you also did the part one of the writing questions wrong too? in which we had to mention inhibitors...
if you are only talking about results in table then you will loose 3 marks which were for the results and will get 2 marks for drawing table and headings if correct.
Ok..... :( I am losing 5 marks then....
for question 2 i got the ratio 29:4..... is it okay?
And what did u give for the sources of errors in question 1?

Reaction score
ratio i can't tell but it looks ok... as long as you used the method that every one used.
for the "significant" errors i am not sure if i wrote right but here's what i wrote
for part one of it i wrote that it takes time to put bung and then put the tube in water.
and for 2nd part i wrote that wax at the end of the syringe occupied some volume leading to inaccurate final volume.
(words i used in exam were different a bit)

Reaction score
for the error i wrote that it was difficult to hold the syringe upright and vertical in the beaker, and movement would cause air bubbles to rise. is this ok?

Reaction score
ratio i can't tell but it looks ok... as long as you used the method that every one used.
for the "significant" errors i am not sure if i wrote right but here's what i wrote
for part one of it i wrote that it takes time to put bung and then put the tube in water.
and for 2nd part i wrote that wax at the end of the syringe occupied some volume leading to inaccurate final volume.
(words i used in exam were different a bit)
Seems fine.... i wrote that for the first one there was formation of froth that prevented oxygen from getting into the delivery tube... may be got this wrong.... for the second one i wrote that some of the bubbles moved into the water not in the syringe hence there cud have been certain errors.... is it okay?

Reaction score
for the error i wrote that it was difficult to hold the syringe upright and vertical in the beaker, and movement would cause air bubbles to rise. is this ok?
Seems fine.... i wrote that for the first one there was formation of froth that prevented oxygen from getting into the delivery tube... may be got this wrong.... for the second one i wrote that some of the bubbles moved into the water not in the syringe hence there cud have been certain errors.... is it okay?
i am not sure about the froth one as there is no way to fix that error and it must happen and is part of the experiment so i don't think it can be an error but the bubbles one is definitely correct . I am not the marking scheme so do not trust me :p

Reaction score
i am not sure about the froth one as there is no way to fix that error and it must happen and is part of the experiment so i don't think it can be an error but the bubbles one is definitely correct . I am not the marking scheme so do not trust me :p
For significant error of counting the no. of bubbles , I wrote about the difficulty in counting no. of bubbles because you had to count the bubbles and watch stopwatch at same time (I saw this answer somewhere in mark scheme for some error question) I also wrote about shaking delivery tube , I had less time and didn't perform the last experiment of inverted syringe so I wrote parallax error quickly (in measuring the displacement of water)
what you wrote to standardise dependent variable? and last part of Q.1 (perhaps for measuring independent variable)?

Reaction score
For significant error of counting the no. of bubbles , I wrote about the difficulty in counting no. of bubbles because you had to count the bubbles and watch stopwatch at same time (I saw this answer somewhere in mark scheme for some error question) I also wrote about shaking delivery tube , I had less time and didn't perform the last experiment of inverted syringe so I wrote parallax error quickly (in measuring the displacement of water)
what you wrote to standardise dependent variable? and last part of Q.1 (perhaps for measuring independent variable"

i literally had only 1 minute to write these two answers..... for standardizing the dependent i wrote use of same volume... i guess its wrong.... and for the independent one wrote change in temperature using water bath and ice.....i cud only write upto this then the invigilator snatched the paper away... :(

Reaction score
I don't think there will be ecf. Kind of worried bc it was for a lot of marks and half of the students selected t because of the thickness of the walls and half q.mso its conflicted

Reaction score
lol same here, I also wrote same volumes etc, at last part, time was over so I could only write thermometer (didn't even read the question carefully)