• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can some one plssssss tell me the answer of these two questions first is mercury barometer taken frm 1 floor to 4 floor the height of mercury column decreases answer is
Air pressure increased
I don't get itisnt it suppose to be decrease ???????:-/:-/

Reaction score
Second question is how do we find direction of compAss current carrying straight wire pppllllsssss help

Reaction score
Can some one plssssss tell me the answer of these two questions first is mercury barometer taken frm 1 floor to 4 floor the height of mercury column decreases answer is
Air pressure increased
I don't get itisnt it suppose to be decrease ???????:-/:-/

The internal liquid pressure and the external atmospheric pressure determine the height of liquid column. Think of it this way . Two boys are pushing each other but neither moves for hours . Suddenly one falls backwards . What does this mean? It's obvious that this fallen boy is now weaker then the other boy .
Same is the case in this question . Atmospheric pressure increases and becomes more powerful and pushes the liquid downwards . While the weaker internal pressure is not able to prevent this.
Thus , the answer is correct
Hope This Helped .

Second question is how do we find direction of compAss current carrying straight wire pppllllsssss help
the Right Hand Rule :
Point the thumb of your right hand in the direction of the current . Curl your four fingers . The direction your fingers appear to move while curling is the direction a compass points to when placed near a current carrying conductor (wire)