• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
it is only affected when the speed is very very high !! ie speed of light or so ! !! otherwise it is not affected !!
Yepp....you can notice it if you travell very fast....you missed out one part - mass increases when u accelerate faster, but it's very small to notice in normal acceleration like even running p..but it still increasessss

Reaction score
Yepp....you can notice it if you travell very fast....you missed out one part - mass increases when u accelerate faster, but it's very small to notice in normal acceleration like even running p..but it still increasessss

haha shit man !! if you know all this why ask !! :$ :$

Reaction score
could any one help me in physics J05 paper 2
question (2) part (c)
question (5) part (a)
question (7) part (a)
question (11) part (a) (iv)
plzz do help and quickly!!!..:D

umm....
for 2 (c) you continue the ray straight and disperse it into the different colours of light....marking scheme tells that atleast two rays should be there...
5 (a) well here you have to show the magnetic field so in Compass A it would be towards West or northwest..., in Compass B it would be East and in compass C it would be West...:D
7 (a) well movement of electrons...electrons move from the negative terminal that would be the small one on the battery so on the arrow will be towards left ...:D

Reaction score
11 (a) (i) has a small nucleas, has protons , and has electrons orbtitng it...
(ii) radioactive decay is the emission of atleast one of the Alpha, Beta, Gamma , it is random and spontaneous.
(iii) they are naturally occuring or the counts occuring without any source....:D
(iv) 205

Reaction score
umm....
for 2 (c) you continue the ray straight and disperse it into the different colours of light....marking scheme tells that atleast two rays should be there...
5 (a) well here you have to show the magnetic field so in Compass A it would be towards West or northwest..., in Compass B it would be East and in compass C it would be West...:D
7 (a) well movement of electrons...electrons move from the negative terminal that would be the small one on the battery so on the arrow will be towards left ...:D
thnx!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
11 (a) (i) has a small nucleas, has protons , and has electrons orbtitng it...
(ii) radioactive decay is the emission of atleast one of the Alpha, Beta, Gamma , it is random and spontaneous.
(iii) they are naturally occuring or the counts occuring without any source....:D
(iv) 205
hahaha thnx!..:)

Reaction score
And since we've started discussing the topic , i'll add another thing .
Heat capacity is dependent on mass while specific heat capacity is not. Even the book get's this wrong and says it's the other way around . The reason has been explained in the earlier posts. Specific heat capacity is only for 1kg mass . So if the mass is constant , so is it's specific heat capacity ( duh ) . But Heat Capacity can be of any mass and so is dependent on it. Again , teachers fail to use their heads while teaching and follow books blindly :( .

Credit goes to Sir Akhtar Mehmood for explaining this (to me) !

Nice ! :D

could any one help me in physics J05 paper 2
question (2) part (c)
question (5) part (a)
question (7) part (a)
question (11) part (a) (iv)
plzz do help and quickly!!!..:D

2c ) Just show two rays of the spectrum of light,one being red and the other blue with the red one being more straighter and blue one refracting more than red one !

5a) the compass needle always points in the opposite direction of the north pole of the magnet present so arrange the needles accordingly !

7a) well isnt this easy , electrons flow opposite to conventional current so it flows in the downward direction from the battery when u look at the diagram,or u cud say it flows from the negative of the battery which is marked by the small line in the battery symbol !

11a) first find the counts without background radiation it is 838-18=820
now for calculating half lives ! as it is left for tweleve hour and the source has a half life of 6 hours two half lives will occur !
So for finding out its count at 6 hours do 820/2 =410
now it halves further when another 6 hours pass so 410/2=205 counts per minute !
Show the whole working as its of two marks so probably one mark is for first half life or maybe not ! :p

Reaction score
I feel really bad coz I can't do the alternative practical papers.....it's not in the notes....does anyone kno how to study for it? Plz help