• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A moot ENG language point(2014 May/June)

Reaction score
:D
Manager,s too busy or too VIP-ish.
Wht do u do now :D
3xu9m_by_rainrivermusic-d6orajr.gif

Reaction score
Dunno.I did both,i advised him to rehire some waiters,check the food etc,and i told him to give me a refund.Doesnt matter that much though but i think it said what would you like him to do.
We just had to tell him kay hamara jo even barbad kia hai uska kya karna hai. :p Uskay elava uska boss nahi banna tha. :p

Reaction score
The theme given for the letter was most definitely too easy. I've no doubt most individuals will receive great marks if the tasks given were fulfilled. The only confusion that was to be made was the distinction between restaurant food and "service."; However, the food quality is part of the service offered by the staff. The definition of service itself, is doing work for someone else. This would by its definition include preparing a specific meal at the customers behest. The chefs in particular preparing the food, so if you wrote about the poor food, you should in theory be fine.

The only other confusion I'm not entirely certain about is whether poor facilities are included when we talk about, "poor service." e.g faulty generators, elevators, chairs, lights, etc.

When I wrote the paper myself, I too had this small confusion and avoided food altogether (Apart from the main disaster of the evening. The cake we had called for in advance).

I feel that many of us went a similar if not the exact route for the occasion (Reason of Celebration). Ours or one of our loved ones birthday. Poor service and/or food and finally full compensation in the form of a refund or free meal. It is in the last point that I think many others and I made the margin of error. Instead of compensation (and keeping in the theme of politeness) we should have instead advised the manager to improve the faults given. I.E, "Please wash the plates properly before handing them to us for use.", "Please provide optional plastic spoons," "Please provide forks!"

Well anyway, this is just my own analysis that I do for every paper I write. This is after all just O-level so we'll all pass with good structure, fulfillment of tasks and little to no grammatical issues.

Reaction score
I think that points should have been as follows:
bullet 1: whatever
bullet 2:
-poor quality food
-late arrival of order
-staff misconduct
-they disturbed privacy
-food served cold and u found a lizard in it :p
-plates weren't washed
-waiter's misbehaved by arguing
etc
bullet 3:
-please hire new staff
-improve hygiene
-hire a health inspector
-add chefs
etc.

Reaction score
Guys guys guys! The question required us to start with dear sir,
What if one gave the whole address and all? How many marks will be deducted? Arghh

Reaction score
Guys guys guys! The question required us to start with dear sir,
What if one gave the whole address and all? How many marks will be deducted? Arghh
That's what I did. I've asked many people, everybody says we were not supposed to write the address except one or two who disagree. Well, this is directed writing so we had to follow the instructions, I think 2-3 will be deducted. :(

Reaction score
That's what I did. I've asked many people, everybody says we were not supposed to write the address except one or two who disagree. Well, this is directed writing so we had to follow the instructions, I think 2-3 will be deducted. :(
Yar dont worry,examiners dont care about such trivial details!Address or no address it is the content of your letter that will be marked!

Reaction score
I wrote a story on Topic I will always remember sign of amazement and relief on my father's face.
I wrote a very simple story and now i am worried that i haven't used high vocabulary and expressions.I wrote simple but without mistakes........

Reaction score
I wrote a story on Topic I will always remember sign of amazement and relief on my father's face.
I wrote a very simple story and now i am worried that i haven't used high vocabulary and expressions.I wrote simple but without mistakes........
Acha bhai,wrote a story on axio : P

Reaction score
If your grammar is perfect, and sentence structure is fine then it's okay. I didn't even use bog words. I don't know but I find compositions more interesting that are simple yet the style is attractive.

Reaction score
Yar dont worry,examiners dont care about such trivial details!Address or no address it is the content of your letter that will be marked!
I think I should not get the mark, so that I learn a lesson to read the full question.

Reaction score
Don't worry guys. One has to be seriously bad at English to screw his/her English grade. Most of the people I know who have decent English got an A or an A*. Chill guys :)

Reaction score
i wrp
Well just skimming over the topic,I think the poor service aspet in restaurant question does not imply the food;it may of course include catering style but not exactly food.I have gone thru many websites to define customer service and all tht in a restaurant and they have essentially discriminated food and service,often by an oft repeated phrase like:Customer wud come to restaurant for food but they will return due to the service" and u can surf urself this topic to clarify .Wht do U guys reckon,I mean it,s a firm content point for bullet 2 and 3.
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/examples-good-service-restaurant-industry-38058.html
U can surf more if u deem it necessary.
i wrte smthng abt ac's, incmplete no.of dishes ordered, melted cakes, uncooked food, standby generators nt there, lizard found in cake, i hope this one was persuasive;)