• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A moot ENG language point(2014 May/June)

Reaction score
I wrote the occasion was my younger sibling's birthday. I wrote that when we entered, the staff looked at us as if something bad had befallen on them caused by us. They were reluctant to take the order. Patches in the wall. Dirt on table. Chef was eating from the pantry with his bare hands. Order late. Food not fine (described it). Got up, paid bill, and went away.
Told manager that main problem was employees. Advised him to install CCTV cameras. Advised him to give them customer-care training. Told him that this must be taken, or else no one would want to visit his restaurant

And yeah I didn't mention cake anywhere as cakes are not made in restaurants :p

Reaction score
I didn't write about food, I actually wrote about the electricity breakdown in the middle of the party whereas we have already paid the generator fuel charges. The generators did start working but after 20 minutes when many guests left due to suffocation and cries of their children. Apart from this I wrote that photography was included in the package but we did not recieve some videos etc. I also wrote about rides for the children which were few in number and out of order since this was a children's party.
I asked for refunding of charges for fuel and the videos to be sent asap.
yeah but did you give any advice?
I didnt :p

Reaction score
Wasn't it what would you advise the manager to do?
Dunno.I did both,i advised him to rehire some waiters,check the food etc,and i told him to give me a refund.Doesnt matter that much though but i think it said what would you like him to do.

Reaction score
Guys thnx for the feedback.Cant tell how relieved i am.Prob was tht when i dine in at restaurants and when they give u suggestion form they always show a conspicuous difference between food and service..Diff boxes/sections/suggestions e.t.c.I thought i cud write abt food implicitly or in the more natural and less detailed way but figured not to waste too many words :|
I think tht advising the manager or wht u wud want him today is pretty much overlaps.Pretty much
I think the exact wording was"What would you like the manager to do"
One more thing why we dint have an English discussion thread like Phy ATP.Does no one want to discuss it or is there nothing to be discussed abt?

Reaction score
Guys thnx for the feedback.Cant tell how relieved i am.Prob was tht when i dine in at restaurants and when they give u suggestion form they always show a conspicuous difference between food and service..Diff boxes/sections/suggestions e.t.c.I thought i cud write abt food implicitly or in the more natural and less detailed way but figured not to waste too many words :|
I think tht advising the manager or wht u wud want him today is pretty much overlaps.Pretty much
I think the exact wording was"What would you like the manager to do"
One more thing why we dint have an English discussion thread like Phy ATP.Does no one want to discuss it or is there nothing to be discussed abt?
Only 2 questions and completely different responses,there isnt much to discuss :p

Reaction score
I dont get it.Are you saying that point about food was not right?
Furthermore to elaborate all points fully while remaining in the limit i didnt write every possible thing.I wrote that the maitre d took about 15 minutes to find us a table though we had already made reservations and it was ages until a waiter reached us with the menus.I also wrote the food was inadequate i.e the soup cold,the steaks undercooked and our garlic bread burnt,along with 'cold' drinks being warm.Thats how much i wrote,cuz i also wanted to include some advice and other things in the last para.Even still i filled the limit and my letter was almost filled to the brim.
I get ya.Well, we dint have to fill in all the details,ER says(in one ppr which i read) tht it,s better to state at least 2 points in bullet and detail on them rather than just repeating so u cud focus on 2 3 or 4 apsects and it wud be perfectly fine.
I am not implying abt the food but just i think tht perhaps food quality may not be explicitly related to service..But yeah order coming late .Too late for food to rendered too uncold or unhot(made up words) can be attributed in serving them..Steak being undercooked....Frm wht i have been thinking abt in the pprs and writing over here,i don't think it fits the description.Needless to say,it,s wht i think is appropriate though I can be wrong...U see tht,s the problem ..too much doubts and ambiguity for me.U wrote abt food due to reasons.I chose not to due to my reasons.Hopefully,It turns out well for both of us.I still find it ridiculous tht such a simple term may cause confusion,at least for me. : (

Reaction score
And yeah All of ur letters are just flooding with POLITENESS,PERSUASIVENESS and HOPE for better service in near future :p
Only a joke;but good to see how u really feel..I dare u to write this if it were a real incident :p

Reaction score
And yeah All of ur letters are just flooding with POLITENESS,PERSUASIVENESS and HOPE for better service in near future :p
Only a joke;but good to see how u really feel..I dare u to write this if it were a real incident :p
We wouldn't write a letter; it would be a verbal conversation :D

Reaction score
Only 2 questions and completely different responses,there isnt much to discuss :p
The first question cud have been expanded upon like wht we have done here.Same bullet points and common rexperience
I hope tht a little more lively discussion abt p2 wud unfold