• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A moot ENG language point(2014 May/June)

Reaction score
Well just skimming over the topic,I think the poor service aspet in restaurant question does not imply the food;it may of course include catering style but not exactly food.I have gone thru many websites to define customer service and all tht in a restaurant and they have essentially discriminated food and service,often by an oft repeated phrase like:Customer wud come to restaurant for food but they will return due to the service" and u can surf urself this topic to clarify .Wht do U guys reckon,I mean it,s a firm content point for bullet 2 and 3.
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/examples-good-service-restaurant-industry-38058.html
U can surf more if u deem it necessary.

Reaction score
Well, yes. Service is not associated with the food. But i mentioned the bad tasting food, the pungent smell, the loud noise, rude waiters, late serving of food.

And in the end, i asked for a full refund, or a new free meal. .-.

Reaction score
Well, yes. Service is not associated with the food. But i mentioned the bad tasting food, the pungent smell, the loud noise, rude waiters, late serving of food.

And in the end, i asked for a full refund, or a new free meal. .-.
Ahan.Wht abt environment related like AC or perhaps Elevator lift facility/service n=being out of order!
Thnx for the feedback

Reaction score
That too, isn't service. But PROVIDING FOOD is a service, that they offer. So QUALITY of food should also be a part of service.
Well it is a table service but I guess how they SERVE shud be the connection.Dint u say quality of food is not associated with service.But websites do mention customer service like providing any facility such as elevator/any thing related and so on?

Reaction score
Well it is a table service but I guess how they SERVE shud be the connection.Dint u say quality of food is not associated with service.But websites do mention customer service like providing any facility such as elevator/any thing related and so on?

But in Restaurants service is how they SERVE the food.

People can have different interpretations of this.

Reaction score
Quality of food , Service of waiters ..... Chiefs .etc could be written .
I wrote about waiting for my order and the waiter comes after an hours to tell that food item is not available and a homemade cake that I had brought for my daughters birthday had been misplaced by one of the waiters .

Reaction score
But in Restaurants service is how they SERVE the food.

People can have different interpretations of this.
If u put it tht way then I guess cleanliness/noise and even the rudeness of waiters/being late wud be vague since service is concerned with food?
By customer service I also meant it in restaurants..Khair,let,s see wht others have to say?

Reaction score
If u put it tht way then I guess cleanliness/noise and even the rudeness of waiters/being late wud be vague since service is concerned with food?
By customer service I also meant it in restaurants..Khair,let,s see wht others have to say?

Yeahh, but the way they serve includes the waiters behavior and the cleanliness with which they serve the food, the trays and the plates.

Okay :)

Reaction score
G
Quality of food , Service of waiters ..... Chiefs .etc could be written .
I wrote about waiting for my order and the waiter comes after an hours to tell that food item is not available and a homemade cake that I had brought for my daughters birthday had been misplaced by one of the waiters .
Good idea
Tht food related idea is wht is MOOT,perhaps on my reckoning.wht abt other customer service/facility like elevators(how much do I have to repeat it :p) and all tht,coz u know it,s how well the reception or service to customers is provided

Reaction score
My point exactly.I mean it may be a wider scope when it comes to SERVICE(P.S it,s not shouting,just highlighting)
I dont get it.Are you saying that point about food was not right?
Furthermore to elaborate all points fully while remaining in the limit i didnt write every possible thing.I wrote that the maitre d took about 15 minutes to find us a table though we had already made reservations and it was ages until a waiter reached us with the menus.I also wrote the food was inadequate i.e the soup cold,the steaks undercooked and our garlic bread burnt,along with 'cold' drinks being warm.Thats how much i wrote,cuz i also wanted to include some advice and other things in the last para.Even still i filled the limit and my letter was almost filled to the brim.

Reaction score
Guys we were supposed to mention an occasion too, did you all do it?
my problem was that the receptionist mixed up our booking, so when all guests came for birthday they were not ready......

Reaction score
Well just skimming over the topic,I think the poor service aspet in restaurant question does not imply the food;it may of course include catering style but not exactly food.I have gone thru many websites to define customer service and all tht in a restaurant and they have essentially discriminated food and service,often by an oft repeated phrase like:Customer wud come to restaurant for food but they will return due to the service" and u can surf urself this topic to clarify .Wht do U guys reckon,I mean it,s a firm content point for bullet 2 and 3.
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/examples-good-service-restaurant-industry-38058.html
U can surf more if u deem it necessary.
I didn't write about food, I actually wrote about the electricity breakdown in the middle of the party whereas we have already paid the generator fuel charges. The generators did start working but after 20 minutes when many guests left due to suffocation and cries of their children. Apart from this I wrote that photography was included in the package but we did not recieve some videos etc. I also wrote about rides for the children which were few in number and out of order since this was a children's party.
I asked for refunding of charges for fuel and the videos to be sent asap.

Reaction score
I said that I will not pay you any money and the booking one should also be returned and in an indirect way mentioned suing them :p
But wouldnt it have been some time,at least a day since the event and in the letter if you mentioned not paying then you also mean that you didnt pay on the spot,so how did they let you leave without paying?Mufta lagai bethay ho :p