• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BAN MUSIC CAMPAIGN - For Muslim brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I would like to share something
many people state ahadeeth from sahih bukhari which seem to allow the use of music and singing but what they dun know is that those ahadeeth were during the days of madinah life i.e. before the completion of islam and fatah e makkah .... the ahadeeth which prohibit the music and singing are after the fatah e makkah .... so its just like the case of alcohol ..i.e it was allowed during the life of madinah(in QURAN) but it was prohibited later on and the verses allowing drinking were abrogated
-Salam

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I used to rap more than a year ago but then i stopped music and changed my lifestyle for good ... now i m encountering a problem .... whenever i m free i start mumbling raps and another thing is that i try my best to avoid music but when my family members are watching TV .. some music from the news or any program pour into my ears and i start to feel awkward .. any advice on how to deal with these 2 problems ?????

Try to not pay attention to unwanted music, or plug your ears...
for rapping, just memorize some Quran and keep repeating it.... Instead of humming nonsense you'll be saying something good when you feel like it...
It might help, beiznillah.

Reaction score
for rapping, just memorize some Quran and keep repeating it.... Instead of humming nonsense you'll be saying something good when you feel like it...

Thanx and jazakALLAH for the advice

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!!
Indeeed, it helps a lot....! Infact, it's so pleasing...and i mean seriously it gives a good feeling...

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Aoa wr wb!

So new participants, [@admin/mods :unsure: JazakAllah for adding them :D]
smzimran
hafsahhassan
HauteHijabi
Yours Truly

Jazakumullah Khairen (May Allah reward you all )

May Allah make it easy for you all and me...make the right way easy to follow for all of us...
Ya Allah!!! please make us closer to youuu...<3

P.S. I'm quite busy these days...so anbody out there to manage the points thing? InshaAllah...by the end of every week, we'd total...and announce the total results... ;)

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!
so how's it going?
what about others?
welll......... as long m buzy, i dun listen..
but unfortunately m always freee....
but i sumtym do listen , its way too less thean it was before.. :)
ia il b givin it up vry soon :)
SUMTYMS WHN M TOTALLY FEELING LOST I JUS CANT HELP IT...
PRAY FOR ME...

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

@new participants, in case you missed this points thing, here's it!

+10 for each minute you listened to the Quran...ok? ;)

+10 if you woke up for Fajr Salah on time...;) for males...better they go to the masjid...27 times more rewarded..

+10 if you read the Quran (even if little, but atleast 1 page) and +5 bonus if it's read in the morning after Fajr (cuz at that time, it's like u r reading it in front of Allah swt and the angels...subhanAllah)

+2 for each Salah offered on time....

-10 for each Salah missed..

-5 for each minute listened to a song/music ;)

and ofcourse be honest ;)

P.S. @badrobot or anyone else :D If you wanna revise this points scheme, plz do that cuz it was difficult for me to decide it :( I feel, some changes should be made :s
how about adding some more minus points, like lying..backbiting...etc? need help plz..(anyone's welcome to do that...)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
welll......... as long m buzy, i dun listen..
but unfortunately m always freee....
but i sumtym do listen , its way too less thean it was before.. :)
ia il b givin it up vry soon :)
SUMTYMS WHN M TOTALLY FEELING LOST I JUS CANT HELP IT...
PRAY FOR ME...
InshaAllah...
may Allah help you and everyone....

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

@new participants, in case you missed this points thing, here's it!

P.S. @badrobot or anyone else :D If you wanna revise this points scheme, plz do that cuz it was difficult for me to decide it :( I feel, some changes should be made :s
how about adding some more minus points, like lying..backbiting...etc? need help plz..(anyone's welcome to do that...)
thats a nice suggestion......

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
and just remember one thing...shaitan, the eviol enemy, traps us by little first, and gradually that little which at first was seeeming to be so bad and sinful, after sometime, the way we look at it is completely changed, and no longer seems to be sinful...and we seem to see no wrong in it...so then we start doing something more sinful which'll seem to be not that sinful...this process goes on...and then finally leading us to do the kabeerah gunah...
may Allah save us all from this^

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A powerful reminder about Music: The End Of Music by Kamal el makki (the funny guy...)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just listened to the first ten minutes...
and that's great, mashaAllah..

JazakAllahu khairen....thnx a lot for sharing!
InshaAllah, hope I follow it till the last minute too... :D

So anyway..small request to all of you, do check out the first ten minutes at least...or if not atleast the 5-6 minutes...!!

Last edited:

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
A powerful reminder about Music: The End Of Music by Kamal el makki (the funny guy...)

O Muslim, lawful things have good attributes
Where is the good in singing, dancing and listening to flutes?

Can we compare the words of singers and sounds of Musicians
To the Glorious Quran, its lessons, wisdoms and admonitions?

How many singers do you know and give admiration,
And how many do you know of the companions and the following generation?

How much do you spend on singers from your dollars?
Compared to how many you know of Islamic Scholars.

Do you see how much is memorized of Music songs?
While you ignore the book to which memorization belongs?

How much do you memorize of these incantations?
And swayed back and forth in intoxication?

Have you not seen those who follow the misguided?
And increase the loudness of the Music, when they should hide it?

And who writes their songs? thinkers, or men of academia?
Or maybe scholars, like Ahmad, Malik or maybe ibn Taymiyah.

O you who listens to music..

Don't you see that All the songs of the world and all the lyrics you've seen
Wouldn't compare in reward to Alif Laam Meem .

Reaction score
AOA...me in too..i just wanted to ask that all of us must have listened to Sami yusuf and all.. having music in their otherwise Islamic songs ..so is that OK or not..

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AOA...me in too..i just wanted to ask that all of us must have listened to Sami yusuf and all.. having music in their otherwise Islamic songs ..so is that OK or not..
waalaikumassalam wr wb!
Actually I thought there was nothing wrong in listening to the ones without music, but just a few months back, I happened to watch this, and I got confused...I kinda was convinced to stop listening to them....
So anyway...I personally, have stopped...ot like reduced a lot...and instead if I feel like listening to something, I'd go for some recitations....

and btw jazakAllah khairen..for the participation...may Allah give you strength and increase ur faith...aameen

Status
Not open for further replies.