• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BAN MUSIC CAMPAIGN - For Muslim brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
why rnt songs allowed ?? you kiddin ?
:D I understand that from your point of view we must be looking like bunch of idiots who torture themselves by not enjoying anything... The thing is you are only seeing results of a way of life… which begs the question why do we live such a way of life… I’d like to give you a little insight about the basics of our deen (way of life)
The one thing everyone is after is peace. Someone earns so he can have money and enjoy it; you study and go through hell :p just so one day you can reap the benefits… We Muslims (especially the practicing ones) already have a lot of peace in our lives, we know the path that leads to contentment and we are trying our best to follow it.
But wait; how do I know what I’m following is the truth? We have proofs for it, the biggest one is the Quran… it’s a miraculous book. You know like the prophet Moses (peace be upon him) could part the water ("Then We inspired Moses saying: "Strike the sea with your stick." And it parted, and each separate (part of that sea water) became like the huge, firm mass of a mountain." 26:63) by the will of God (Allah) same way the miracle of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) was this Quran. It is (in Arabic) the literal word of Allah, and just by reading it you can feel that. It’s so flawless and perfect, even when it’s about 1500 years old book (perfect in every way possible: the hundreds of scientific facts it mentions which we discovered in modern times, the prophecies it makes, historic facts, logic it uses etc.)
It’s so perfect that Allah challenges those who doubt it (many times):
Say: "If the mankind and the jinns were together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they helped one another." [Qur'an 17:88]

And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur'an) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah, if you are truthful. [Qur'an 2:23]

And this Qur'an is not such as could ever be produced by other than Allah (Lord of the heavens and the earth), but it is a confirmation of (the revelation) which was before it [i.e. the Taurat (Torah), and the Injeel (Gospel), etc.], and a full explanation of the Book (i.e. laws and orders, etc, decreed for mankind) - wherein there is no doubt from the the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns,and all that exists).
Or do they say: "He (Muhammad(P)) has forged it?" Say: "Bring then a surah (chapter) like unto it, and call upon whomsoever you can, besides Allah, if you are truthful!" [Qur'an 10:37-38]
Or they say, "He (Prophet Muhammad(P)) forged it (the Qur'an)." Say: "Bring you then ten forged surah (chapters) like unto it, and call whomsoever you can, other than Allah (to your help), if you speak the truth!" [Qur'an 11:13]

Or do they say: "He (Muhammad(P)) has forged it (this Qur'an)?" Nay! They believe not! Let them then produce a recital like unto it (the Qur'an) if they are truthful. [Qur'an 52:33-34]
The Quran is guidance for humanity; it is powerful advice from our master and creator, Allah. It tells us how to live a successful life, how to act, what is right and wrong, who created us, why did he create us, why do ‘bad’ things happen to people, what will happen after we die, everything! In tough times it’s a companion you can rely on.
So when Allah tells us something is bad for us we stay away from it and we find true happiness in submission to Allah. A lot of other faiths say God says this or this but they have no proof for their statements, we on the other hand have logical proof for our beliefs. By Quran’s miracles, that we appreciate, we know for a fact that what it tells us is the truth. (Plus Quran’s style is such that it makes you reflect and come to a conclusion)

Reaction score
:D I understand that from your point of view we must be looking like bunch of idiots who torture themselves by not enjoying anything... The thing is you are only seeing results of a way of life… which begs the question why do we live such a way of life… I’d like to give you a little insight about the basics of our deen (way of life)
The one thing everyone is after is peace. Someone earns so he can have money and enjoy it; you study and go through hell :p just so one day you can reap the benefits… We Muslims (especially the practicing ones) already have a lot of peace in our lives, we know the path that leads to contentment and we are trying our best to follow it.
But wait; how do I know what I’m following is the truth? We have proofs for it, the biggest one is the Quran… it’s a miraculous book. You know like the prophet Moses (peace be upon him) could part the water ("Then We inspired Moses saying: "Strike the sea with your stick." And it parted, and each separate (part of that sea water) became like the huge, firm mass of a mountain." 26:63) by the will of God (Allah) same way the miracle of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) was this Quran. It is (in Arabic) the literal word of Allah, and just by reading it you can feel that. It’s so flawless and perfect, even when it’s about 1500 years old book (perfect in every way possible: the hundreds of scientific facts it mentions which we discovered in modern times, the prophecies it makes, historic facts, logic it uses etc.)
It’s so perfect that Allah challenges those who doubt it (many times):

The Quran is guidance for humanity; it is powerful advice from our master and creator, Allah. It tells us how to live a successful life, how to act, what is right and wrong, who created us, why did he create us, why do ‘bad’ things happen to people, what will happen after we die, everything! In tough times it’s a companion you can rely on.
So when Allah tells us something is bad for us we stay away from it and we find true happiness in submission to Allah. A lot of other faiths say God says this or this but they have no proof for their statements, we on the other hand have logical proof for our beliefs. By Quran’s miracles, that we appreciate, we know for a fact that what it tells us is the truth. (Plus Quran’s style is such that it makes you reflect and come to a conclusion)
ossom one buddyyy...u seriouly motivated me..!!!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Allah wants to make clear to you [the lawful from the unlawful] and guide you to the [good] practices of those before you and to accept your repentance. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.

Allah wants to accept your repentance, but those who follow [their] passions want you to digress [into] a great deviation.

And Allah wants to lighten for you [your difficulties]; and mankind was created weak.

4:26-28

:)

Reaction score
AOA WR WB WM :)
i was addicted to songs....i stopped listening to it bcz my teacher and ABC(alpha bhai :p ) told me it is haraam
then one day(a month ago...i guess :p ) i was bored so turned on the radio listened a new song...i was addicted to it......than as satan as nafs do.....i got addicted to more new songs.......i guess i read this thread a week ago...now i am not listening to any sort of songs........SONGS (banned) Alhamdulillah :)
JazakAllah for posting this thread :XPF member and others to contribute in it........................may Allah bless u all,May u all stay on the right part i.e Seeraat-e-Mustaqeem,Aameen!!! :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
no listening to songs.....
may ALLAH help us to stay away from music..
IA.. AMEEN
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!
so how's it going?
what about others?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
today i listened to lyk more dan 5 songes..!
felln bad..!!
That bad feeling is a blessing from Allah! If a person keeps doing the sin it just dies away... which is sad.
Anyways try understanding some small parts of Quran (like from tafaseer etc. knowing meaning of each word) and then try listening to some good Qaari reciting them... You'll start loving the Quran. It's waaaay more powerful than any other kind of sounds...

Reaction score
That bad feeling is a blessing from Allah! If a person keeps doing the sin it just dies away... which is sad.
Anyways try understanding some small parts of Quran (like from tafaseer etc. knowing meaning of each word) and then try listening to some good Qaari reciting them... You'll start loving the Quran. It's waaaay more powerful than any other kind of sounds...
AOA WR WB WM :)
how many members are here with the SONGS (songs completely banned) ???

Reaction score
i noe jazakallah...actually i use to do d tafseer..nd sum tyms ven i am in d total mood i listen to some..qari..bt i dunno....??
nywayzz jazakallah for motivating me..i rally loveu moderators nd d admin..!! :)

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, most of you already know that music is Haraam in Islam...

This thread is for those interested to leave music...cuz once you're addicted, you might have to struggle if you decide to leave it..

Let's say we'll have points thing...like +10 if you spent the whole day without listening, and -1 for each song you heard ;)
Lets see who gets the most points ;)
It's like competing, may be this'll help you alll in giving up listening to music ;)

..or may be if you got some better idea we'd do here altogether, do share .... (y)
and not to mention, be honest :D

P.S. Adopted from Narcotic's idea :D she said something like ban music campaign, and i thought good one :D

And a good reminder...save yourself:

PARTICIPANTS:

skull gurl
duaazahra
SalmanPakRocks
memyself15
purplerox
Count me in the participants !

Reaction score
Ws!

This post nowhere mentions that 'Music is Haraam'. All the things mentioned in your post and the post you quoted are quite plausible. All I am saying is that don't label anything 'Haraam' just because you think it's haraam. It's a sin, just so you know.

anything regarded as unlawful by ALLAH is called haram ... its an alternate for arabic word "mamnoo" wich also means forbidden but for thinsg prohibited by ALLAH we use the word haram in arabic and unlawful in english and it can clealry be seen that music is unlawful by this hadith from sahih bukhari hadith number 494 and its from the book of drinking i guess .

There will be people of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma`aazif ( musical instruments ).

Reaction score

I used to rap more than a year ago but then i stopped music and changed my lifestyle for good ... now i m encountering a problem .... whenever i m free i start mumbling raps and another thing is that i try my best to avoid music but when my family members are watching TV .. some music from the news or any program pour into my ears and i start to feel awkward .. any advice on how to deal with these 2 problems ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.