• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BAN MUSIC CAMPAIGN - For Muslim brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suchal Riaz ,abdxyz , zaroo abid and Nabeel.Ahmad
much said now, we failed to come to any conclusion but just lets respect one another and if one says music is halal then still respect his opinion especially as he says he has research and if one says Sufis were good then atleast show a contrary proof, so many days spent and you failed to bring anyone :(
yet thanks everybody it was one of the very rare talks in which we managed so long without abusing or calling each other infidels (y):p
everybody do your research on your own and if you find anything useful make a thread :D

Reaction score
before results i m so much nervous that i think about it even during prayer. so giving paper is also haram? Harram things are clearly mentioned in quran and hadith. I don't know how a person can sing music or even play music in his mind during salat. you dont know what you are speaking in salat so obviously you will think of other things. but atleast music isn't thay big problem that you will think about it in salat. it never happened to me that music comes into my mind during prayer. coz i know what i m saying. although big issues sometimes disturb me during salat.

please i did not reply to one
second, i agree to what u said, but disagree because of the underlying facts
the fact that u are nervous before a paper, now u urself shud think, is ur paper more important or ur prayer,u are standing infront of ur Lord, the One Who Created u. u shud clear ur mind before u pray, and acknowledge urself that u are standing infront of Allah. thus this is controllable, if u apply ur full force to the attention of ur prayer
however, songs will naturally occur in ur head, and u cant stop them coming to ur head, unless and until u dont stop hearing songs. u can ask this from the people who listen to songs 24/7 and ask about their experience when praying
furthermore, i wud like to add, that another reason y songs are Haram, is that it is followed by a chain of Guna
on hearing a song, u will 'wiki' the singer. u will watch the video, u will want to know if there are any movies in which that singer comes, etc. and the chain goes on, u get far away from ur religion, and u start to get corrupt as u engage in the company of the evil to engage in their conversation of songs
as for exams, papers cannot be haram, as in Islam, seeking knowledge is not to be stopped, neither is it Haram. infact, even women are encouraged to seek education, so u cant say papers are Haram

Reaction score
please i did not reply to one
second, i agree to what u said, but disagree because of the underlying facts
the fact that u are nervous before a paper, now u urself shud think, is ur paper more important or ur prayer,u are standing infront of ur Lord, the One Who Created u. u shud clear ur mind before u pray, and acknowledge urself that u are standing infront of Allah. thus this is controllable, if u apply ur full force to the attention of ur prayer
however, songs will naturally occur in ur head, and u cant stop them coming to ur head, unless and until u dont stop hearing songs. u can ask this from the people who listen to songs 24/7 and ask about their experience when praying
furthermore, i wud like to add, that another reason y songs are Haram, is that it is followed by a chain of Guna
on hearing a song, u will 'wiki' the singer. u will watch the video, u will want to know if there are any movies in which that singer comes, etc. and the chain goes on, u get far away from ur religion, and u start to get corrupt as u engage in the company of the evil to engage in their conversation of songs
as for exams, papers cannot be haram, as in Islam, seeking knowledge is not to be stopped, neither is it Haram. infact, even women are encouraged to seek education, so u cant say papers are Haram

first thing, I know that it is my fault that my i can not manage my nerves before papers and results. it is my fault and my weekness. but actually no song till date is strong enough to take a second of my attention in a prayer. believe it or not.
and secondly you can never declare anything haram like that. only rasulullah bu Allah's permission and Allah himself can declare haram.
thirdly any way of enjoying and relaxing is not haram(because it takes you off-track, huh?). if one takes some minutes of his life when he is very tired and listens to music how can it be wrong?. mad people will argue "he should have read quran instead","he should have done Dhikr instead" and to those you were thinking this: a person can not spend all his life in ibadah. And rasulullah also did many things other than ibadah. We are Human not Angels. Humans need rest and it one of the weakness we are made with.

Reaction score
See, the question i asked you was to make you think that rulings are not only derived from the quran but also from the saheeh ahadith.
Firstly, is the ruling regarding burial and its method clearly mentioned in the quran......? NO. so we go back to the sunnah of the prophet wherein a muslim has to be buried according the SUNNAH of the prophet.
Similarly the prohibition may not be clearly indicated in the quran but may have some indirect references. Even if that is disputable lets go to the sunnah of the prophet

Question>>>>> Why is music associated with zina, alcohol and silk.
P.S IF YOU SHOULD CONSIDER ALCOHOL, ZINA..... TO BE HARAM:sneaky:

and why only one narator included this word "music" while many other hadith surrounding this didn't have this word. same hadith, name narrators, same words but only one word added. Only one narrator remembered and heard this word while others didn't hear Rasulullah saying it.
and this hadith talks about those things which were already made haram(in quran). How can we make anything halal when it is not made haaram already? and there is NO hadith saying MUSIC IS HARAM. clearly this hadith is not pure. read ahadith is the same chapter around it and you will see what i m talking about. i think it is in the book.

bu Bakr came to my house while two small Ansari girls were singing beside me the stories of the Ansar concerning the Day of Buath. And they were not singers. Abu Bakr said protestingly, "Musical instruments of Satan in the house of Allah's Messenger () !" It happened on the `Id day and Allah's Messenger () said, "O Abu Bakr! There is an `Id for every nation and this is our `Id."
حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ بْنُ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو أُسَامَةَ، عَنْ هِشَامٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ ـ رضى الله عنها ـ قَالَتْ دَخَلَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ وَعِنْدِي جَارِيَتَانِ مِنْ جَوَارِي الأَنْصَارِ تُغَنِّيَانِ بِمَا تَقَاوَلَتِ الأَنْصَارُ يَوْمَ بُعَاثَ ـ قَالَتْ وَلَيْسَتَا بِمُغَنِّيَتَيْنِ ـ فَقَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ أَمَزَامِيرُ الشَّيْطَانِ فِي بَيْتِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَذَلِكَ فِي يَوْمِ عِيدٍ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ يَا أَبَا بَكْرٍ إِنَّ لِكُلِّ قَوْمٍ عِيدًا، وَهَذَا عِيدُنَا ‏"‏‏.‏

Reaction score
It is not music that is haram but that instrument which rasulullah declared as instrument of satan:
The bell is the musical instrument of the Satan.
وَحَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ أَيُّوبَ، وَقُتَيْبَةُ، وَابْنُ، حُجْرٍ قَالُوا حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ، - يَعْنُونَ ابْنَ جَعْفَرٍ - عَنِ الْعَلاَءِ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ الْجَرَسُ مَزَامِيرُ الشَّيْطَانِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reaction score
was spread of islam in madina invasion? o_O
you say "Conquering an area is the only way to spread Islam." please describe it in madinite perspective, where no such thing took place

That was not an invasion, as no armed troops infiltrated the area.
It was a peaceful conversion and many Madinites had already converted to Islam after the pledges of Aqabah.

Reaction score
I have a clear mind to ask Nibz to lock this thread! Its getting us nowhere and is also getting out of hand. Simply saying something isnt enough. We should act upon what we say, because, 'Actions speak louder than words"! Guys! Calm down and just read everything you have posted all this time. It might put some sense in you, about how you are behaving with a fellow-muslim... And about my entry, Suchal Riaz, I am a simple muslim, who doesnt like arguments about things complicated and not to be discussed by novices like ourselves. And My intention was just to cool down the argument for your own good, and also remember! I wont get any benefit by doing it. Didnt expect such rudeness by my muslim brothers... Anyways, all I can say that ALLAH KNOWS BEST ABOUT EVERYTHING! Assalamu Alaikum.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb..
Arguments are of no use. Unless you are willing to accept the truth, it is better not to voice what you think. No use. It might rather misguide other people. So please be careful.

If you're really willing to accept and search for truth, check this out.

That pretty much answers everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.