• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BAN MUSIC CAMPAIGN - For Muslim brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

And a good reminder...save yourself:

551391_258997424189589_133219063434093_585032_793152339_n-jpg.6320

Reaction score
Aoa!

That's not true. The word 'haraam' is quite a serious word and you shouldn't just use it whenever you feel like it.
And if it's really haraam, you should clearly state what 'kind' of music.
music is haraam in islam...
actually prophet may peace be upon him..has said dat all sounds lyk d one made with a guitar and drum are not allowed in islam (i do not know the exact quotation)
nd therefore nly listening to the duff is allowed..lyk d ones islamic singers USE to use..!!
so we can call music to be haraam...!!
nd yes i thnk the lyrics which singers use r also not appropriate..i mean LOVE KISS nd all..!!
so as far as i noe nd i have evn askd certain my islamic studies sir regarding dis nd dey have said it to be harram,....!!!
:D

Reaction score
j
Assalamoalaikum wr wb! n welcome ;)
jazakAllah
n inshaAllah...:) may Allah help you all, give you strength in your mission to plz Allah...and make things easy for you all...
my sincere prayers for you all!!
Jazakumullahu khairen!
jazakallah ssoooo very much..!!
u r lyk totally amazing i mean first dat grooming soul nd now music ban campaing....wowo....i must u must be earning loads of reward (inshallah...!!)...!!:D
gr8 work nd yes keep it uo..may ALLAH bless you...
nd plzz pray dat i get a good% in my igcse...AMEEN..!! :D

Reaction score
music is haraam in islam...
actually prophet may peace be upon him..has said dat all sounds lyk d one made with a guitar and drum are not allowed in islam (i do not know the exact quotation)
nd therefore nly listening to the duff is allowed..lyk d ones islamic singers USE to use..!!
so we can call music to be haraam...!!
nd yes i thnk the lyrics which singers use r also not appropriate..i mean LOVE KISS nd all..!!
so as far as i noe nd i have evn askd certain my islamic studies sir regarding dis nd dey have said it to be harram,....!!!
Please quote the exact quotation. I have never found one. :)

Reaction score

Are you serious? The guitar was invented by Muslims .

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!
part on music written by one of my fav writers:

It was narrated that Naafi’ (رَحِمَهُ الله) said: “Ibn ‘Umar heard a woodwind instrument, and he put his fingers in his ears and kept away from that path. He said to me, “O Naafi’, can you hear anything?” I said, “No”. So he took his fingers away from his ears, and said: “I was with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) and he heard something like this, and he did the same thing.”"
(Abu Dawud)

Enough said!

However, I must admit that at this point in my life, its not just because of this fundamental reason – of listening to even a flute being impermissible in Islam – that I avoid listening to music. There is a worldly reason for it as well.

That reason is that I have experienced time and again in the past ten years that when I listen to music unintentionally, such as in a public place where it is blaring, my heart starts to almost physically constrict; my soul gets agitated, and I want the “noise” to just go away. This happens whether it is an instrumental melody or a hard rock song; a pop number or a so-called soul-stirring, classical ghazal.

The reason for my aversion towards music – which, I assure you, wasn’t there at all before I studied the Quran in-depth eleven years ago – is that الحَمدُ لله - during these eleven years, I have found something to listen to that is much, much more beautiful, sublime, and powerful in its effect on my heart, mind, body and soul. So much so that any other kind of man-made music or melody sounds no less than absolute crap in comparison. Please excuse the crass-but-emphatic lingo.

I have noticed that when I do end up listening to music, it produces a decidedly detectable negative effect on my heart. The music tries to nestle into the latter and as a result, endeavors to push out the glorious words of the Quran that reside there.

The fact is: music and the Quran cannot reside together in one heart.

Try to understand this with an analogy: if you won’t get rid of the weeds and parasites in a soil, you will not be able to successfully seed, water and nurture a healthy plant in it; the filth in the soil will counter and negate the positive effects of water and sunlight needed to nourish the tender seedling to make it grow.

Or, if you won’t clean a utensil before eating food from it, no matter how fresh and great-tasting the food that you place in it might be, you will not be able to enjoy eating it because of the filth that still contaminates it.

I have heard many people who come towards Deen complain and lament that, no matter how much they try, they just “cannot” give up music. Also, they complain how, when the Quran is recited before them, they do not feel anything; that is, their hearts do not get aflutter, and their eyes are not moved to emotional tears.

The reason for this is that, as long as they do not give up listening to music, the melodies and words that this music comprises of will continue residing firmly in their hearts, and will prevent the glorious verses of the Quran along with its Divine effects to enter the latter.

That is the precise reason why they do not feel anything in their hearts when they hear the Quran being recited or the beautiful adhaan (call to prayer) sounding five times a day.

When they hear a favorite musical song, though, their ears are enticed, their hearts immediately feel inclined towards it, and they start to not just hum it, but also feel their soul attracted to it. The musical songs reside in their hearts, keep replaying in their minds, and are hummed on their tongues as they go about their daily work.

Eventually, they start to believe that the Islamic restriction of not listening to music is too “harsh” and unobservable; that music is the “food for the soul”; and that they “cannot live without music”.

Fact is, the one who has never ‘tasted’ gourmet food will continue to consider unhealthy junk food as the ultimate gastronomical pleasure!

On the other hand, the humbling and soul-stirring effect of listening to the melodious verses of the Quran, on the hearts, skins, and eyes of sincere believers, has been mentioned in the Quran itself:
39:23
19:58

Reaction score
i will get back to u..as i am not aware of the exact quotation..! sowie..!!:oops:
bt i will inshallah tell u d exact quotation..!! inshallah

Reaction score
j
u r lyk totally amazing i mean first dat grooming soul nd now music ban campaing....wowo....i must u must be earning loads of reward (inshallah...!!)...!!:D

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
j
aaameeen!!
i will..
may Allah grant us all successes in this world as well as the HereAfter, aameen!!!

Reaction score
There will be people of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma`aazif ( musical instruments ).
"A people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than its real name. Merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of female singers. Allaah will cleave the earth under them and turn others into apes and swine.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Ws!

Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

This post nowhere mentions that 'Music is Haraam'. All the things mentioned in your post and the post you quoted are quite plausible. All I am saying is that don't label anything 'Haraam' just because you think it's haraam. It's a sin, just so you know.

Reaction score
Ws!

This post nowhere mentions that 'Music is Haraam'. All the things mentioned in your post and the post you quoted are quite plausible. Don't label anything 'Haraam' just because you think it's haraam. It's a sin, just so you know.
The Messenger of Allaah sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam said :
"Verily Allaah prohibited wine, gambling and al-koobah; and every intoxicant is prohibited." Sufyan said : " I asked the narrator, Ali bin Badheemah, ' What is al-Koobah?' He answered, 'It is the drum'."
The Messenger of Allaah sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam said :
"Verily I did not prohibit weeping [per se], but rather I forbade two voices [sowtayn] which are imbecilic [ahmaq] and sinfully shameless [faajir]: one a voice [singing] to the accompaniment of musical amusement [lahw] and Satan's [wind] instruments; the other, a voice [wailing] due to some calamity, accompanied by striking of the face and tearing of garments. But this [weeping off mine] stems from compassion, and whosoever does not show compassion will not receive it."
Anas bin Maalik related from the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam that:
"two cursed sounds are that of the [wind] instrument [mizmaar] played on the occasion of joy and grace, and woeful wailing upon the occurrence of adversity.
by these haidth we come to noe dat it isnt allowed in islam.!!
nd yes i cant force u to agree with me...as far as what i have quoted i noe dat it is not allowed in our religion..!!

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, most of you already know that music is Haraam in Islam...

This thread is for those interested to leave music...cuz once you're addicted, you might have to struggle if you decide to leave it..

Let's say we'll have points thing...like +10 if you spent the whole day without listening, and -1 for each song you heard ;)
Lets see who gets the most points ;)
It's like competing, may be this'll help you alll in giving up listening to music ;)

..or may be if you got some better idea we'd do here altogether, do share .... (y)
and not to mention, be honest :D

P.S. Adopted from Narcotic's idea :D she said something like ban music campaign, and i thought good one :D

And a good reminder...save yourself:

PARTICIPANTS:

skull gurl
duaazahra
SalmanPakRocks
memyself15
purplerox

Assalaam alaikum yaa akh........ MAsha allah i found a gud person lyk u....i wish u could give me yours FB ID ...to ask some questions about studying and moree.......
Allah will bless you....Insha allah

Status
Not open for further replies.