• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Uʟᴛɪᴍᴀᴛᴇ IGCSE Nᴏᴛᴇs ﹐ E﹣Bᴏᴏᴋs ᴀɴᴅ Rᴇsᴏᴜʀᴄᴇs ᴴᴰ

Reaction score
Useful IGCSE Subject Notes [updated:04-05-2014]

IF U THINK I HELPED PLEASE CLICK LIKE(BELOW) SO THAT I UPLOAD MORE AND MORE FOR U GUYS!
>>>>UPDATE: PAPER 6 HELP<<<<
LEGEND:
SUBJECTS:GREY
E-Books:
PINK
ALL LINK TO RESOURCES:RED
NEW RESOUCES:GREEN
COMING SOON:BLUE
WEB LINKS:BRIGHT RED

Note: THE TEXT IS THE LINK

IGCSE Subject CDs
  1. Biology
  2. Physics
  3. Chemistry
  4. I.C.T
  5. Maths

PHYSICS
  1. Classified Paper 1
  2. Classified Paper 3
  3. Physics Formula Sheet
  4. Physics E-Book

CHEMISTRY
  1. Chemistry IGSCE workbook (Online)
  2. IGCSE Study guide
---------------------------------------Topic-wise Past papers--------------------------------------------
  1. Acids bases and salts
  2. Air and Water
  3. Chemical changes
  4. Chemical reactions
  5. Electricity and chemistry
  6. Organic chemistry
  7. Redox
  8. Reversible reactions
---------------------------------------Classified Papers--------------------------------------------------
  1. Chemistry Classified Paper 1
  2. Chemistry Classified Paper 3
  3. Chemistry Notes
I.C.T
  1. I.C.T E-book
  2. ICT Lounge (Online)
  3. Access
  4. Excel
  5. Powerpoint
  6. Word
  7. Frontpage
  8. I.C.T combined notes
  9. All theory notes summarized into flashcards
  10. Frequently asked questions with the model answer
  11. Notes for Paper 2 and Paper 3 exam
-------------------------------------Chapter Wise Notes------------------------------------------------
  1. Chapter 1
  2. Chapter 2
  3. Chapter 3
  4. Chapter 4
  5. Chapter 5
  6. Chapter 6
  7. Chapter 7
  8. Chapter 8
blue-animated-arrow-down.gif
LIKE PLS
125x70px-LL-a60c2a9a_thumbsuphilookdown.gif
Thank You soo Much Stay Blessed :)

Reaction score
can i get biology paper 6 notes
BIOLOGY p6 TIPS

-Drawing: you will be asked to draw diagrams of fruits, insects..etc. in the exam. Make sure it's in pencil, drawn to the correct size, has definite outlines (no 'sketchy' lines), no shading, no arrow heads when labelling and make sure lines point exactly at the labelled part.

-Comparisons: Make sure the points you use to compare diagrams are visible in the diagrams. Use labels on the diagrams as your guide. And don't compare sizes unless you're given a scale. You can compare numbers shape and proportional sizes.

-Designing an experiment:
*Find the variable which is to be changed (from the question) and mention how you are going to change it (ex: to change temperature, use thermometer-controlled water bath at temperatures 10 to 50 degree Celsius).
*List all variables that you have to keep constant throughout the experiment (ex: room temperature, volume of water, insect species). Make sure there's only one variable for the investigation.
*Mention how long your experiment will last.
*Say how you will measure experiments' results (ex: if you're examining presence of starch, say that the food sample which turns the iodine solution a deeper blue contains more starch)
*Finally: say 'repeat experiment to get more reliable results and minimise error. It's guaranteed to gain you marks.
*If you can, set a control for your experiment. (ex: use boiled enzyme in an experiment to test for enzyme activity)

-Drawing a graph: take care of labels of axes, units, scale, using 'cuts' if needed. Always join points using a ruler unless asked to do otherwise (ex: line of best fit)

-Remember the rule: magnification: drawing/real

-Make sure you know how to test for the presence of water, oxygen, carbon dioxide, starch, reducing sugar, proteins, fats, acid and alkali.

-Look at the experiments in the past papers and make sure you understand them well, as this will help you a lot.

Finally, try answering a couple of exams from the past papers. They're sure to give you a good idea of what to expect tomorrow, and will certainly boost your confidence :).
Here's a link to the Biology past papers: http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/index.ph...
Just click on 'Cambridge IGCSE' and then choose 'Biology'.

Well..guess that's all. You're now good to go! :)
Best of luck! :)

Reaction score
How to avoid common mistakes
Always read the question
I know this may sound obvious but it always surprises me how often students don't read a question. They see a diagram and ignore any comments about it or any earlier notes and rush straight in. It can often be a good idea to highlight or tick off each point as it is read, so that you don't miss anything.

Accuracy
Always check after you finish a question that you are giving the answer to required degree of accuracy that was asked for. It may be 3 significant figures, 1 decimal place etc. Why lose an accuracy mark unnecessarily?

Rounding Errors
When a question involves several stages of working where answers end in long decimals, DO NOT round up. If you use the rounded value again in another part of the question it will cause the next answer to be slightly out. Instead write answers at any stage as un-rounded values so if the calculator gives an answer such as 23.456782314 simply write 23.4567. Use this or your calculator value in further calculations to avoid rounding errors.

Simultaneous equations
Most questions that are set will give nice answers, usually integer values. If you get horrible decimals then suspect your answer and check again. It is quite likely that you have made a mistake somewhere.

Inverse percentage questions
These are questions where you have to calculate the original value before an increase or decrease has taken place. These can be tricky but you should be able to tell if you have made a mistake as the answers are almost always a clean answer. Get a long decimal that needs rounding and the chances are you have made a mistake.

Probability
When calculating a probability, check that your answer always lies between 0 and 1. 0 means the event will never happen and 1 that it is guaranteed to happen. I am still surprised how many times I see students give answers more than 1 and are quite happy to accept it.
Mean
When calculating the mean from a set of data make sure your answer lies between the lowest and highest values of the set of data. If it is outside this range it must be wrong.

Cumulative frequency graphs
Always plot points based on the upper bounds of any class intervals, NOT midpoints.

Solving Quadratic Equations
When a question says solve the following quadratic giving answers to 3 significant figures or several decimal places then do not waste time trying to factorise it. It will not factorise. Instead, use the quadratic formula.

Pythagoras' Theorem
When finding a shorter side of a right angled triangle check that the answer is smaller than the hypotenuse. If not then the chances are you added rather than subtracted the squares of the two other sides

Reaction score
Hey
I gave my math 0607 (extended) a few days back...the pattern was quite different. Does anyone know about any changes CIE has made for any of the other subjects? As in, are they changing the pattern for this years May/June exams? - India, zone 4.
Yeah i took it last week, and it was completely different from what i solved (and even studied) a few days before the exam.
I seriously hope paper 4 is not too changed (or made to be easier) as I'm taking it tomorrow.

Reaction score
Also dude thank you SO MUCH for the maths tips and tricks above, may Allah be with us in the exams.
I'm not stressed because i think i'll score low but instead i have to sit in there for about 2.5hrs :/