• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Uʟᴛɪᴍᴀᴛᴇ IGCSE Nᴏᴛᴇs ﹐ E﹣Bᴏᴏᴋs ᴀɴᴅ Rᴇsᴏᴜʀᴄᴇs ᴴᴰ

Reaction score
Quite possibly, but I'm not sure. I hope they made Maths (0580) easier :p
As for ICT paper 32, it was easier for me, but tough for quite a few, since we had to create a style-sheet, which was not in any of the past papers :)

Haha yeah, i hope they haven't changed P4 for 0607, i got rather comfy with the trend in it. x-D
Alright thanks again! Please do tell in case you hear something pertaining the other subjects. :)

Reaction score
Hey
I gave my math 0607 (extended) a few days back...the pattern was quite different. Does anyone know about any changes CIE has made for any of the other subjects? As in, are they changing the pattern for this years May/June exams? - India, zone 4.
I know they changed the pattern of ICT paper 32.
Let's see what happens.
Quite possibly, but I'm not sure. I hope they made Maths (0580) easier :p
As for ICT paper 32, it was easier for me, but tough for quite a few, since we had to create a style-sheet, which was not in any of the past papers :)
CIE changes the pattern of papers every 2 to 3 years , this year the batch (also known as the unlucky batch) will face a new paper with new pattern , no change in syllabus though but the style and approach will be different

Reaction score
CIE changes the pattern of papers every 2 to 3 years , this year the batch (also known as the unlucky batch) will face a new paper with new pattern , no change in syllabus though but the style and approach will be different

Well, that's reassuring. :/
Is there a way to prepare ourselves for this? Though that would probably defeat their purpose, are there different codes with the same syllabus that i should look through?
Thanks for the heads up , anyway. :D

Reaction score
Well, that's reassuring. :/
Is there a way to prepare ourselves for this? Though that would probably defeat their purpose, are there different codes with the same syllabus that i should look through?
Thanks for the heads up , anyway. :D
I lost my senses when I saw that and I myself haven't been able to recover from this shocking news
Though the best possible solution is to hold on to ur basics and do EXACTLY what the question says

Last edited:
Reaction score
I lost my senses when I saw that and I myself haven't been able to recover my self from this shocking news
Though the best possible solution is to hold on to ur basics and do EXACTLY what the question says

Hahaha you're not the only one. Don't worry too much, we'll pull through.
That's just the thing, all they ask are twisted questions, but yes there are straight ones too.:) There's really very little we can do, except hope that our intellect is enough. Good luck! (y)

Reaction score
Hahaha you're not the only one. Don't worry too much, we'll pull through.
That's just the thing, all they ask are twisted questions, but yes there are straight ones too.:) There's really very little we can do, except hope that our intellect is enough. Good luck! (y)
Good Luck !(y) and I hope we tackle CIE and take them Head On (we might need a little help of brains though:p)!!

Reaction score
BIOLOGY p6 TIPS

-Drawing: you will be asked to draw diagrams of fruits, insects..etc. in the exam. Make sure it's in pencil, drawn to the correct size, has definite outlines (no 'sketchy' lines), no shading, no arrow heads when labelling and make sure lines point exactly at the labelled part.

-Comparisons: Make sure the points you use to compare diagrams are visible in the diagrams. Use labels on the diagrams as your guide. And don't compare sizes unless you're given a scale. You can compare numbers shape and proportional sizes.

-Designing an experiment:
*Find the variable which is to be changed (from the question) and mention how you are going to change it (ex: to change temperature, use thermometer-controlled water bath at temperatures 10 to 50 degree Celsius).
*List all variables that you have to keep constant throughout the experiment (ex: room temperature, volume of water, insect species). Make sure there's only one variable for the investigation.
*Mention how long your experiment will last.
*Say how you will measure experiments' results (ex: if you're examining presence of starch, say that the food sample which turns the iodine solution a deeper blue contains more starch)
*Finally: say 'repeat experiment to get more reliable results and minimise error. It's guaranteed to gain you marks.
*If you can, set a control for your experiment. (ex: use boiled enzyme in an experiment to test for enzyme activity)

-Drawing a graph: take care of labels of axes, units, scale, using 'cuts' if needed. Always join points using a ruler unless asked to do otherwise (ex: line of best fit)

-Remember the rule: magnification: drawing/real

-Make sure you know how to test for the presence of water, oxygen, carbon dioxide, starch, reducing sugar, proteins, fats, acid and alkali.

-Look at the experiments in the past papers and make sure you understand them well, as this will help you a lot.

Finally, try answering a couple of exams from the past papers. They're sure to give you a good idea of what to expect tomorrow, and will certainly boost your confidence :).
Here's a link to the Biology past papers: http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/index.ph...
Just click on 'Cambridge IGCSE' and then choose 'Biology'.

Well..guess that's all. You're now good to go! :)
Best of luck! :)