• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Stat v. 62

Reaction score
take one toffee from sarah, put it in ahmed and then take one from ahmed :\ AS THERE WAS NO OTHER WAY TO DO IT :p yes but it was quite unclear :/

Reaction score
No No No, crapppp! if the last permutation is what you say it is my paper is ruined!

Well sorry to be the one to tell ya.. but I think you did that one wrongly... :(

You Only considered like 12! - 4 TOGETHER right? ... there can be 3 together , 2 together as well.. or 2 together in 2 separate places... if you subtract all those combinations I guess you will get the same answer as mine... But that's how these sorts of questions are solved from what I have seen from past papers.

Reaction score
take one toffee from sarah, put it in ahmed and then take one from ahmed :\ AS THERE WAS NO OTHER WAY TO DO IT :p yes but it was quite unclear :/

Yea.. It was really unclear.. I mean they take two chocolates in first part.. They take two from Ahmed or two as in one from sarah and from ahmed ? :\

Reaction score
CIE are always clear in their questions .. At least I found all their probability questions in the past papers to be easy.

SO I GUESS they will give benefit of doubt to the candidates (Not sure though) If they do.. then all you people's mark could be saved in that probability question.

EDIT *past papers.

Reaction score
Well sorry to be the one to tell ya.. but I think you did that one wrongly... :(

You Only considered like 12! - 4 TOGETHER right? ... there can be 3 together , 2 together as well.. or 2 together in 2 separate places... if you subtract all those combinations I guess you will get the same answer as mine... But that's how these sorts of questions are solved from what I have seen from past papers.

I forgot the exact wording. Did the question say that NONE of the hibiscus should be together?

Reaction score
Yea.. It was really unclear.. I mean they take two chocolates in first part.. They take two from Ahmed or two as in one from sarah and from ahmed ? :\
right thats what got me they MUST giv BOD or low gt

Reaction score
little cloud u know the same question last part permutaion i wrote (8! *9*8*7*6) howmuch can i get :(

The way you did the question was the right method. It wasn't to be done like by (12!-9!4!), so hope for full marks in this part atleast. (y)

Reaction score
The way you did the question was the right method. It wasn't to be done like by (12!-9!4!), so hope for full marks in this part atleast. (y)
i will lose 3 in outlier 2 in c part i went blank midway -_-
and may b 4 marks in last question :)