• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Stat v. 62

Reaction score
For P(0), isn't it supposed to be 5/12 * 6/10.
Coz there were 3 chocolates in Ahmad's bag, so the remainder is 6.

Dude.. but a toffee is getting added as well..! there were 4 toffees 3 choco and 2 Boiled.. but a toffee is getting added or the total will be 6/9 according to what you're saying since 3 choco and 6 remaining that's 9 total. .. which brings it to 5 toffees 3 choco and 2 boiled...

Reaction score
Dude.. but a toffee is getting added as well..! there were 4 toffees 3 choco and 2 Boiled.. but a toffee is getting added or the total will be 6/9 according to what you're saying since 3 choco and 6 remaining that's 9 total. .. which brings it to 5 toffees 3 choco and 2 boiled...
Ahh yeah.. I knew I had done something wrong in that question. But I got the value for P(2) as 4.75
Anways, that's the only question (so far) that I have messed up in..

Reaction score
Ahh yeah.. I knew I had done something wrong in that question. But I got the value for P(2) as 4.75
Anways, that's the only question (so far) that I have messed up in..

That's Awesome! you'd get 3 in that question too.. 1 method mark will be lost and 1 accuracy mark. I messed up one part in permutation too :( Because I misread the question and took total chosen as 15 .. in the one where we had to find ways to do 12.

Reaction score
GUYS I USED 96=np and 32= np(1-p) ! but still i calculated the value wrongly will i be awarded any marks ? p.s this is my only mistake i hope ! -_-

Reaction score
That's Awesome! you'd get 3 in that question too.. 1 method mark will be lost and 1 accuracy mark. I messed up one part in permutation too :( Because I misread the question and took total chosen as 15 .. in the one where we had to find ways to do 12.
Yeah.. hopefully.
Ohh.. don't worry, its just 3 marks :)

Reaction score
so i will lose 2 marks or gain 2 marks?
i think i should loose around 2 marks only -_- on the whole

If you drew the Tree Diagram incorrectly. AND TOOK all the values from there .. then you should be fine.. but if you didn't drew the tree diagram then I don't know :\

I would say 3 marks. all the accuracy ones..

Reaction score
GUYS I USED 96=np and 32= np(1-p) ! but still i calculated the value wrongly will i be awarded any marks ? p.s this is my only mistake i hope ! -_-

Reaction score
A star

Honestly the last question wasn't clear IMO.. i mean they said they take out 2 toffees.. but they weren't clear whether they take out two toffees from sarah and add to Ahmed or take one toffee from sarah, put it in ahmed and then take one from ahmed :\