• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT Books

Reaction score
Any good book for SAT sunject test (Maths level 2) ?
Kaplan and College Board is good for learning the concepts, and Barron's and College Board is good for the practice tests. I've heard good things about McGraw Hill and Dr. John Chung's SAT II Math Level 2 as well, so you can check those out.
Warning: Barron's and Dr. John Chung's are much harder than the real tests, so they over-prepare you. But they're pretty good anyway.

Reaction score
Kaplan and College Board is good for learning the concepts, and Barron's and College Board is good for the practice tests. I've heard good things about McGraw Hill and Dr. John Chung's SAT II Math Level 2 as well, so you can check those out.
Warning: Barron's and Dr. John Chung's are much harder than the real tests, so they over-prepare you. But they're pretty good anyway.
Confused. Which is best?

Reaction score
DarkEclipse said:
Thanks dude !! I'll buy Barron's and College Board.
Plus the harder it is the better the chances of high scores

Reaction score
Actually, A level and AP are on the same ground (know some people, and follow the syllabus along with the A levels :p So I have the experience). Math level 2 draws from the AP Calculus BC, which is equivalent to our basic Further Maths. You may find some concepts hard in the SAT, because some of them are tackled in A2. If you look at it from one way, here is what I think between our A level and the AP:
A level Chemistry > AP Chemistry (Although AP general chemistry has more details than our general chemistry, we outstrip them in Organic Chemistry).
A level Biology > AP Biology
A level Physics = AP Physics (A,B and C)
A level Economics = AP Micro & Macroeconomics
A level Mathematics <= AP Calculus BC
A level Further Mathematics > AP Calculus BC
A level History (US component) < AP US History
I have no idea about the other subjects.
Thought blocker There is no best book, to each his or her own.

Reaction score
Actually, A level and AP are on the same ground (know some people, and follow the syllabus along with the A levels :p So I have the experience). Math level 2 draws from the AP Calculus BC, which is equivalent to our basic Further Maths. You may find some concepts hard in the SAT, because some of them are tackled in A2. If you look at it from one way, here is what I think between our A level and the AP:
A level Chemistry > AP Chemistry (Although AP general chemistry has more details than our general chemistry, we outstrip them in Organic Chemistry).
A level Biology > AP Biology
A level Physics = AP Physics (A,B and C)
A level Economics = AP Micro & Macroeconomics
A level Mathematics <= AP Calculus BC
A level Further Mathematics > AP Calculus BC
A level History (US component) < AP US History
I have no idea about the other subjects.
Thought blocker There is no best book, to each his or her own.
AP stands for? o_O