• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can anyone expalin me Q1 part c for physics november 2014 p2 variant 2 like how to show the resultant ? and the magnitude of resultant on B ?

Reaction score
Can someone please explain the 85th question. The answer is actually: B.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
http://freeexampapers.com/A-Level/Physics/CIE/2010-Jun/9702_s10_qp_22.pdf
Question 2 b ii. shouldnt the distance be o.21? How come it is 90? SOMEONE????
And question 7 bii as well??

For 7 b) ii) 1. mass energy is conserved because the difference in mass is released is energy namely gamma radiation or kinetic energy.
Einsteins equation= e= mc^2
To put it simply, take the helium atom. To make a helium atom you would have to combine 2 protons and 2 neutrons.
If you were to calculate the mass of the 2 proton and 2 neutron, you would notice that the mass is slightly more than the actual mass of the helium atom.
This difference in mass is known as mass defect. Sub the mass defect into the e=mc^2 and you will be able to find the energy released when you form one helium atom.
So we normally say that the mass on the rhs is more than the mass on the lhs because energy is released.
2. 1.1MeV= 1/2mv^2
1.1*10^6*1.60*10^-19=1/2*9.11*10^-31*(v^2)

Reaction score
Can someone please explain the 85th question. The answer is actually: B.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!
Resistance is the reciprocal of the gradient
For W-X, the graph is a straight line, this means that both pd and current are constant, hence resistance is constant
For X-Y to Y-Z, the gradient is increasing, hence, resistance is increasing.

Reaction score
M/J 2007 Paper 4 Q5 (b)(ii)
State which combination, if any, of monochromatic light and metal surface could give rise to photo-electric emission. Give a quantitive explanation of your answer.

Can someone please help? Thanks!

Reaction score
the distance travelled for negligible air resistance should be a straight line No? why is it curve? when there's no resistance which means that there nothing to slow the speed down which would increase the distance?
And, why would a smaller mass result in a larger kinetic energy if momentum is conserved? for a smaller mass shouldn't the ke be smaller as compared to a larger mass?

Last edited:
Reaction score

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    944.3 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score

Hey I attached them for you.
For Q6 a) use right hand rule, thumb along current direction and other fingers along magnetic flux direction.
b) i) use Flemings left hand rule, thumb is direction of force, first finger direction of flux and second finger direction of current, then, do this to both magnetic field of earth and magnetic field due to wire, you'll see forces at Point P will be equal and opposite.
ii) just use given equation and substitute

Yes, my sketches are very bad , I'm sorry :/
Also, I just checked the ms, why am I not allowed to say increase R for more smoothing, only larger capacitor, anyone could explain this to me please? This is Q7 c)ii)1)
Also, tell me if I have any mistake and thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: NIM
Reaction score
who knows how to hack an email ?? urgently needed and for sure can hack the email not i think or ill try... for AS