• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
you've got 3 readings... and those readings are not proper either. Like I've already said twice, have your values differ by 1.00 from each other.
I face lot of troubles in practical papers.
I generally do it like 0.2/(reading) * 100 for %UC :/ though idk if its correct or not acc to above post but i get marks in my exams.. :D Recently I scored 33/40 :)

Reaction score
I face lot of troubles in practical papers.
I generally do it like 0.2/(reading) * 100 for %UC :/ though idk if its correct or not acc to above post but i get marks in my exams.. :D Recently I scored 33/40 :)
and unluckily i am even worse than you..i got 29/40 :(

how do you get the last part done ..Which wants limitations..?

Reaction score
View attachment 52289
Can anyone answer this question please???

Answer is B.
Stress = force per unit area = F / A
Let the force (weight) and the (cross-sectional) area in the full-size crane be F and A respectively.
Stress in cable of full-size crane = F / A
As mentioned in the question, the model is one-tenth full-size in all linear dimensions.
For the model,
The load, which has a cube-shaped load, is in 3-dimension. So, for each of the 3 dimensions, the length of the model is reduced by a factor of 1/10. Therefore, the volume of the load is reduced by a factor of (1/10)3 = 1 / 1000.
Weight = mg and Mass = density x volume. Since the same material is used, the density is the same. So, the mass is proportional to the volume. A reduction in the volume causes the mass to be reduced by the same factor. The weight, which depends on the mass (g is constant), is also reduced by the same factor.
Force (weight) in model = F / 1000
Similarly, the cross-sectional area (which depends on (diameter)2) will be reduced by a factor of (1/10)2 = 1 / 100.
(Cross-sectional) Area in model = A / 100
Stress in cable of model crane = (F/1000) / (A/100) = 0.1 (F/A)
Ratio = (F/A) / 0.1(F/A) = 10

Reaction score
If the answer is B then this is how.
We know that PE= 80 J just before release, so use efficiency equation and PE=mgh

Efficiency is 28%
We know efficiency = output/input
28/100= output/ 80
Output = 22.4 J
Now use PE= mgh
Mass of arrow= 120 g= 0.12 Kg since arrow is shot alone
22.4= 0.12(10)(h)
h= 18.7 m ~= 19 m
I'm not sure though I might be wrong
youre abslutly right thnks :)

Reaction score
can someone help me with this question

first off you need to know the timing between the emitted and the reflected pulse, which when you start counting from the centre of each pulse, gives you 4 blocks in separation, (between the emitted and the reflected pulse.) but you're going to consider that as 2 blocks between the source of the emitted pulse and the reflector.
The time base setting is 0.20 μs cm–1. which makes the time --->2 x 0.20 μs cm–1 = 0.0000004s
and since a radio active pulse travels in the speed of 3.0 x 10^8 ms-1,
using the good old formula of distance =speed x time gives you ---> 3.0x10^8 x 0.0000004 = 120m.

hope it helps.

Reaction score
first off you need to know the timing between the emitted and the reflected pulse, which when you start counting from the centre of each pulse, gives you 4 blocks in separation, (between the emitted and the reflected pulse.) but you're going to consider that as 2 blocks between the source of the emitted pulse and the reflector.
The time base setting is 0.20 μs cm–1. which makes the time --->2 x 0.20 μs cm–1 = 0.0000004s
using the good old formula of distance =speed x time gives you ---> 3.0x10^8 x 0.0000004 = 120m.

hope it helps.
why only 2? :/

Reaction score

hope it helps.
thank you so much but why is the timing not taken from the end of the waves that makes it 3 blocks

Reaction score
thank you so much but why is the timing not taken from the end of the waves that makes it 3 blocks

Because if you chose to start counting from the right end of the emitted pulse, you should stop your count also at the right end of the reflected pulse, which again makes it 4 blocks. I think you must have got confused counting from the end, so to avoid this problem I suggest you start your count from the centre :)

Reaction score
The question was
Outline how a c.r.o may be used to determine the frequency of a loudspeaker.

I don't get why have they mentioned frequency= 1/lamda * time base setting?? :/
Why multiplying by LAMDAScreenshot 2015-04-22 13.45.48.png

Reaction score
Because if you chose to start counting from the right end of the emitted pulse, you should stop your count also at the right end of the reflected pulse, which again makes it 4 blocks. I think you must have got confused counting from the end, so to avoid this problem I suggest you start your count from the centre :)
oh okay thankyou so much:):):)

Reaction score
Question asks about Apparent weight loss but mark scheme talks about pressure differences between liquids.. Does the contents relate each other? If then, How? Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

Reaction score