• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper-6

Reaction score
gary221 said:
Hi
How do u calculate the rise in temp change of water?
(june 2004 q 5 b)
is there some formula ?? :%)
Pls help, guys :cry:
Is d formula loss in temp of ice= gain in temp of water related to this?
if yes, how do we apply this???
PLS... help!
Urgent!! :(

The thermometer at the top of the question reads the initial temperature of the water. 23 or so. And then he says the temperature rises to 36. So you subtract 23 from 36 to get the increase.

Reaction score
Guys when taking exams in May/June session , practice May/June pastpapers , when taking exams in Oct/Nov then practice BOTH!

Oct/Nov is harder than May/June and trust me I didn't do any practice from Oct/Nov and I did fine last year in May/June with other subjects and same happened with Physics paper 1.Don't waste your time for nothing , Oct/Nov questions are bit more challenging but they will not come for sure , while questions from May/June will come , so focus on them and that's enough.

Btw Kareem I didn't find anything about light on this link , is there anything that can help me ?! The only thing that makes me confused is when they say point E and point E' ... what is the difference between them ?!

Reaction score
Pernee26 said:

Since the object can't be submerged completely in water then the pushing force of the water is reduced and hence there's more strain on the spring. And since e2 is the extension then it will increase. If e2 increases then the equation e1 / (e1-e2) will provide a higher value since e1 is still the same (same mass on both objects) and e2 is now higher so the denominator is smaller and the value is more.

The actual density didn't increase , it's just a bad experiment ;p.

Reaction score
2007 oct/nov paper 6 question 3) b)

I=0.41
I1=0.13
I2=0.14
I3=0.12
(Readings are correct as they match those in MS)

Now part b says the theory suggests I=I1+I2+I3.State whether your or not your readings support this theory and give reason for your choice.

So when I add those three I get 0.39 so it cannot be equal and therefore theory is wrong so statement is NO , but in MS it says YES.
Whotta hell ?

Reaction score
c the answer is within the limits of experimental accuracy so that is why I=I1+I2+I3..

hope it helped :)

Reaction score
what is a dead space and how is it dealt with !!
plzzzz guyzzz help !!!

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
2007 oct/nov paper 6 question 3) b)

I=0.41
I1=0.13
I2=0.14
I3=0.12
(Readings are correct as they match those in MS)

Now part b says the theory suggests I=I1+I2+I3.State whether your or not your readings support this theory and give reason for your choice.

So when I add those three I get 0.39 so it cannot be equal and therefore theory is wrong so statement is NO , but in MS it says YES.
Whotta hell ?

You have to take experimental error into account, for every question where a yes is required, a no is also acceptable in the markscheme, if you say that they are too different, but I'm afraid, 0.2 is pretty close :)

Reaction score
ppl plzzz help !!!!

anyone did the physics exam paper6 varient 2 ??!!

Reaction score
why should we view the base of the pins rather than the top of it when doing an experiment on rays

Reaction score
KareemXPF said:
Me too i did my physics variant 2
Its extremely easy

im extremely worried , im gonna do mine after a couple of hours
any advice !!! PLZ
i would really appreciat it THX :)

Reaction score
DANGERBP said:
why should we view the base of the pins rather than the top of it when doing an experiment on rays

The base should be viewed as the pins may not be vertical, it could also result in an inaccurate placement due to a parallax error.

Reaction score
Ramosk95 said:
guys how would i know if i should draw a line of best fit or a curve!

It usually states when they want a line of best fit, however, curves need to be smooth, so points that are far out of the way should be ignored as it is likely that they are inaccurate in comparison to the other readings. Just remember, a curve should be smooth.

Reaction score
Gahh.. I have a few questions that I need help with.

Firstly, I've read through the thread, but I never found the answer, how would you estimate the volume of air. Secondly, what is dead space in relation to a rule being taped to a bench.