• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper-6

Reaction score
I solved all the papers but Im not confident enough :'(

I even momorised all the stuff !!

Reaction score
Thats extremely enough
we are all not confident .. we wonder the exam will be easy or difficult
Just pray & approach for the exam

Reaction score
KareemXPF said:
unplugged said:
HorsePower said:

a) you measure the length with your ruler
b)basically the rope was wound up around it 5 times and the start and the end were marked. then the rope was unwinded and the distance between the marks were measured. So the rope covered the circumference of the bundle 5 times. So you just need to divide by 5 to get the circumference.
Second part , you just sub values in the equation.

c) i) this one's a bit tricky , but basically you needed to realize that you couldn't calculate the air with any degree of accuracy and therefore you should have just given the original volume to less significant figures to indicate lack of accuracy. It's a pretty messy question but oh well.
The second part is straightforward. Even if you don't have the right value of part i) , you should still attempt it with any value as you get marks for the work.

About (c)
I asked my teacher.. he said that the air gaps are 5-10% of the total volume
So just find the value for a 5 or 10 % and subtract it with the total volume
I hope i helped you :)

Actually , no. The examiner's report says and i quote.

Few candidates scored the mark for the estimate. They were expected to realize that the volume of air could not be calculated with accuracy and therefore to give their answer to one or two significant figures. Many gave an answer that bore no relation to the volume calculated in b) ii and , even those who suggested an answer within the tolerance allowed, gave three significant figures. Estimation of answers is a very useful skill to learn during the course.

Your teacher either didin't understand the question or giving bad advice. As the volume of air indeed can not be calculated.

Reaction score
KareemXPF said:
unplugged said:
ajmanutd said:
and also wat is a resistance wire

I guess you're referring to the /\/\/\/\/\/\ shaped symbol. That would be a resistor symbol or a "resistance wire".

I think both are the same rectangular symbol

The question in particular said to use the conventional resistor symbol(or something to that effect). So in that case , he was indeed asking for the rectangular symbol. But the symbol i used is used in some circuit modeling applications as the symbol for resistor and since it looks more like a wire and less like a resistor , i thought that was what he was referring to.
But regardless , resistors are just sections of wire made from a resistant material and are usually coiled to fit more wire into smaller space to provide more resistance.

Reaction score
When u look at the object u r measuring from an angle instead of looking perpendicular to the object.....hope u understood!!! :)
Hope everyone will get A*............best of luck guys.........

Reaction score
tripleA95 said:
What is parallex error!!!
When u look at the object u r measuring from an angle instead of looking perpendicular to the object.....hope u understood!!! :)
Hope everyone will get A*............best of luck guys.........

Reaction score
in physics p61 w10,
ques 4 a states that we hve to extend the line EF till it meets AB, so should the line continue straight or should it bend at CD????
Pls help!!! :(
I'm weak at physics
Pls!!

Reaction score
gary221 said:
in physics p61 w10,
ques 4 a states that we hve to extend the line EF till it meets AB, so should the line continue straight or should it bend at CD????
Pls help!!! :(
I'm weak at physics
Pls!!

No it shouldn't bend at CD. In drawing questions you follow his instructions. Unless stated otherwise.

Reaction score
In w2001 p6, in ques 3 b,we r asked to estimate the position of a 100 g mass from the pivot,
how do we know the position??? :p
Pls help!!!

Reaction score
gary221 said:
In w2001 p6, in ques 3 b,we r asked to estimate the position of a 100 g mass from the pivot,
how do we know the position??? :p
Pls help!!!

You can solve a simple equation. You know that the motion of force exerted is equal to W x D.

so we have 55.5 x 20 = 100 x X. So x is 11.1 and you know that each marked rectangle on the ruler is 10 cm so you can approximate the location and it would look something like this.

Reaction score
what is d triangle method of calculating gradient?
w10 p6 ques 3 a , how do we get d gradient as 1.15???
Pls reply!!!! :( :(
Urgent!!! :%)