• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics ATP disussion

Reaction score
I have to agree!
and thought Physics my ATP went great! :(
I lost two marks in one go. Anyhoo, I'm not all tears-and-cries over it. Just quite depressed over letting my handwork go wasted over a petty technical thing like that. Wish u the best grade tho!
thanks.....and no worries if you lost 2 marks.....you can easily make up in P2 and P1...I knw hw u feel...just a single mistake makes me cry :(
and good luck to you too :)

Reaction score
u
the point is that you measure emf by having voltmeter in series and not parallel , . check the buks/net!
dude voltmeters are always in parallel
The voltmeter has infinite resistance and so if it is placed in series it will use all the current going through it.
however it is place in parallel because it measures the potential difference between two points, thus by using all the current that passes through its loop it can give the correct value

Reaction score
Her
the point is that you measure emf by having voltmeter in series and not parallel , . check the buks/net!
I am wrting an excerpt from the book that I studied. IT WAS WRITTEN BY CAMBRIDGE:
"A voltmeter is always connected ACROSS the relevant component in a circuit, because it is measuring the potential difference between two ends of the component"
The word ACROSS means IN PARALLEL

Reaction score
Her
I am wrting an excerpt from the book that I studied. IT WAS WRITTEN BY CAMBRIDGE:
"A voltmeter is always connected ACROSS the relevant component in a circuit, because it is measuring the potential difference between two ends of the component"
The word ACROSS means IN PARALLEL
There's no need for such extensive explanations. All of us are pretty much confirm that VOLTMETERS are always connected across the component. In other words, in a parallel setup. This fact is like one of the BASICS of electrical physics. phew!

Reaction score
I
There's no need for such extensive explanations. All of us are pretty much confirm that VOLTMETERS are always connected across the component. In other words, in a parallel setup. This fact is like one of the BASICS of electrical physics. phew!
I knw...but wat he said...was gonna blow my mind into pieces....

Reaction score
apologies didnt meant anythng any negtv bt that was wt my olevel physics buk mentiönd.apologies!