• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics ATP disussion

Reaction score
You will, if you didn't use an awkward scale and got a good enough curved shape, you'll get the two marks for the scale and curve.
Would we be given marks for listing " x and Y names " on the graph?

and is it imp to use 50% of the Graph paper or 1 marks will be deducted and do they allow any scaling we have done on the graph..

I got a "Swing" kind of curve... Like this (Just a rough idea)
2817223064.jpg

Reaction score
Would we be given marks for listing " x and Y names " on the graph?

and is it imp to use 50% of the Graph paper or 1 marks will be deducted and do they allow any scaling we have done on the graph..

I got a "Swing" kind of curve... Like this (Just a rough idea)
2817223064.jpg
I was getting the same shape but longer (horizontally).
The thing is, if you mentioned 'x' and 'y', you won't get the marks for the labeling since you had to label 'v/cm' and 'u/cm'.
The marking is done as follows:
- 1 mark for labeling the axis.
- 1 mark for the best fit curve, neat.
- 1 mark for plotting the points (more than 1/2 page).
- 1 mark for the scaling (no awkward scales).

Reaction score
no.... in a line/curve/curved line of best fit all points must not be covered......at least one point must be left out....
why do u think its called best fit...otherwise they would simply state draw a curve through all points :p

Yes this is right way to do :D

Reaction score
Right.
By aligning the centers.
and one more question....was the rule ,in lens question, fixed...i gave placing the rule as close as possible to object/lens while taking readings <suggest two practical methods of taking the readings accurately>

Reaction score
and one more question....was the rule ,in lens question, fixed...i gave placing the rule as close as possible to object/lens while taking readings <suggest two practical methods of taking the readings accurately>
I wrote that experiment can be repeted more than once and average can be calculated, and the experiment can be repeated in dim ligth

Reaction score
incorrect polarities....it means that the positive terminal of the cell was not connected to the positive terminal of the voltmeter and vice versa...;)
hey i wrote the term 'polarity' in my ans ... my frndz said it was incorrect. Can this term be used in case of voltmeters?