• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

People who have given SAT's..

Reaction score
I'm not sure abt scholarship since these top unis don't really give foreigners unless they hv scored extremely high . but surely u hv a chance of getting in. University of Toronto requires A's in chem physics and Math for As and A2 levels for engineering. they require a minimum of B nothing less and atleast 5 O level subjects with nothing less than an A in subjects for ur field. iv reasearchd on engineering cuz thts wat i want to do. atm University of Toronto and Mcgill are the leading universities in Canada. other good ones are University of British Columbia and Waterloo. all these universities require high grades . Computer engineering and computer sciences apparently close at the highest grade for admission cuz of the large number of students who are willing to study them. and depends wat subjects u hv got Bs for in O levels, if they r the trivial unimportant ones then not to worry but if they r subj concerned with ur field of interest then yh i guess u culd hv some difficulty in admission in University of Toronto. University of Toronto is top 10 for computer sciences and computer engineering so obv it has real high requirements. if u do diplomas it will surely benefit and if you can show a good involvement in extra curriculum.
And canadian universities require atleast 2 A2 levels . University of Toronto wants three A2 levels for computer engineering that is Phyiscs , math and chemistry. If u hv done Addition maths for O levels u will hv admission advantages. and if u do get a B in ur AS , dont worry InshAllah wrk harder in A2 levels. If u get High A in tht subject in A2 levels then when ur official result certificates for A2 levels come out then ur average of As and A2 can become an A. AS and A2 results for these top universities r far more important than O level results. So try scoring all As for ur A2 levels nxt yr InshAllah :) .
Ahh thanks alott for all the infoo.. im really tensed abt my admissions and all.. :/
another thing to consider is that i'll apply on my AS result so i'll probably get a scholarship on its base aswell.. so if the grades arent good enough and even if i make up for them in A2 will my scholarship be reviewed on the base of that result? :/
Thanks agn for all ur help really appreciate it..

Reaction score
does SAT help in gettin admiission in medical collages in pakistan for a pre-med alevel student?

Reaction score
Ahh thanks alott for all the infoo.. im really tensed abt my admissions and all.. :/
another thing to consider is that i'll apply on my AS result so i'll probably get a scholarship on its base aswell.. so if the grades arent good enough and even if i make up for them in A2 will my scholarship be reviewed on the base of that result? :/
Thanks agn for all ur help really appreciate it..
Idk how ur going to apply for University of toronto and any top university for that matter in canada with AS results cuz all of them want A2 levels. nd yh if u do A2 levels ur grd certificate jst has an average of ur A2 nd AS levels grds so if u get a B in AS and a high A in A2 then ur grd certificate will jst hv an A no B for watevr subj u think u myt get a B. so if they r high yh u will get a scholarship.
r u a canadian citizen?
cuz they dont give foreigners scholarship tht easily especially if u hv Bs in anything, u really hv to hv xtremely high grds as a foreigner if u want to get into these top universities with a scholarship . if u r going to a normal university like Carlton n all then yh u can get scholarships pretty easily but u want to apply for top.

Reaction score
hey i have sat I tomorrow, so m scared, i am awful at math and vocabulary, tho good with essay part and obvious math . but idk i did got b grade in both math and english in olevels, can i really get good in this too, my required are 500 scores in both individually. m nervous.

Reaction score
Idk how ur going to apply for University of toronto and any top university for that matter in canada with AS results cuz all of them want A2 levels. nd yh if u do A2 levels ur grd certificate jst has an average of ur A2 nd AS levels grds so if u get a B in AS and a high A in A2 then ur grd certificate will jst hv an A no B for watevr subj u think u myt get a B. so if they r high yh u will get a scholarship.
r u a canadian citizen?
cuz they dont give foreigners scholarship tht easily especially if u hv Bs in anything, u really hv to hv xtremely high grds as a foreigner if u want to get into these top universities with a scholarship . if u r going to a normal university like Carlton n all then yh u can get scholarships pretty easily but u want to apply for top.
Hi aneeqa , i have applied for canadian citizenship . do i have any chance of getting scholorships in these renowned universities?

Reaction score
Hi guys i need ur advice.. im in my AS right now and im thinking of giving SAT's in october since i've heard they really help you alot in university admissions internationally. so i went online and did some research on these tests but it was all really over whemling. I have no idea which SAT to give SAT I(the reasoning test) or the SAT II( the subject test)
i want to know which one will help me more in securing an admission in a good foreign university?
Also you might want to know im planning on going for Computer Studies in the future. :D
Please Helpp..
sat 1 is more widely accepted by universities worldwide but some times universities with a good reputation expect u too take sat 2 subject accordingly with the program u have applied for .. if u haven't decided for any uni then i would suggest sat 1 since it is more accepted.. ..

Reaction score
Umm for undergraduate engineering, should we appear for only SATII or both SAT I and II??
in case for SAT II, is Maths level I and Physics is enough ??
actually it depends on the university u apply for.... most universities would just consider the sat 1 but I've seen universities who go for sat 2 physics and maths level 2 since these subjects display the student's that area of expertise required for engineering ... e.g nust only accepts physics maths level2 and chemistry for engineering ..

Reaction score
i just gave my As and my subs are pre-medicals....im hoping to apply in a university in Pakistan, and i have to give a SAT1 exam, but i have absolute no idea where to study from and what to do, if you guys could just advice some books or anything helpful...ill be grateful :D

Reaction score
Thankyouu for all the infoo.. :D
im planning on applying to university of toronto in canada and uni of melbourne in australia.. both have pretty high ranking in the world.. do u have any idea abt their grade requirements? and the scholarship criteria? see i got like 3 A*s, 5 A's and 2 B's in my olevels and now in As im probably gonna get 2 A's and a B... thats not a very good result im kinda disappointed.. :/
so anyways do u think i have a chance of getting an admission at any of these uni's and scoring a scholarship aswell? :/
also please tell me other top uni's in canada which have a high world ranking.. i'd like to know abt them since u've done alot of research.. :D
University of Melbourne is terrific :love: Specially since Melbourne is now the rated as the best city of the world ;)
Anyways, U of Melbourne does offer scholarships for undergraduate studies and which are extremely competitive of course. You need to have atleast 4A's to be seriously "considered" for getting this scholarship. University of Sydney is also quiet reowned and has a good world ranking but they offer just 50% scholarship for undergraduate studies :/
Best of luck anyways (y)

Reaction score
r u a canadian citizen?
is ur olevel marks considered in ur final score when applying to u in canada? cause i heard rumors that only a levels matter.thanx in advance and one more thing what subjects to take in a levels to enter medicine in Canada?

Reaction score
hey guys.
i just gave my AS exams in the commerce subjects, and am planning to give SAT I next. i actually want to enroll in any good university in the US..but i do have a few preferences! :$ anyway, i've noticed that there is no SAT II, the subject test, for two of my chosen subjects (Accounts and Business). i've started preparing for SAT I and am planning to give it by the end of this year. would that be enough for applying in the States? just the SAT I score and my A levels grades? my AS exams went well though i might resit a couple of subjects...
and can any business student here help me out with this: i was just reading on this uni's website the requirements for applying for a business major and it was stated that the applicant must have taken the 'maths and science subjects' throughout high school. as i only took the maths subjects (along with the commerce ones) in the last two years of high school, would that be a problem? and is this the criteria for business students for every university abroad?

Reaction score
Salam

I just gave my AS Phy, Chem, Maths, Acc in June 2012 ( A2 in June 2013)
and am planning to give AS Economics and GP in Nov 2012.

I live in Karachi and will apply for Chemical Engineering probably in NED (or KU) or I may switch to commerce and go for IBA.

Tell me whether should i give SAT?

If yes then which SAT? ... SAT1 or SAT2

If its of no use then I dont wish to put myself in trouble because I wont leave Pakistan ... not even Karachi for studies

Reaction score
Salam

I just gave my AS Phy, Chem, Maths, Acc in June 2012 ( A2 in June 2013)
and am planning to give AS Economics and GP in Nov 2012.

I live in Karachi and will apply for Chemical Engineering probably in NED (or KU) or I may switch to commerce and go for IBA.

Tell me whether should i give SAT?

If yes then which SAT? ... SAT1 or SAT2

If its of no use then I dont wish to put myself in trouble because I wont leave Pakistan ... not even Karachi for studies
same question except have 50% chance of leaving karachi or pak

Reaction score
mominzahid If I were you I would go to the official websites of the universities you've mentioned, see their requirements which are mentioned in detail and work through accordingly. I'm going to start my A2 soon in a few days and I am planning to give sat 2 physics, chem, and math level II. Once I see how much I already know and need to cover the topics that I haven't yet I'll decide when to give them which might be in December or January. Each uni has its own requirement which mostly includes Islets or tofel, one of the two. Hope it helps :)

Reaction score
Muhammad Bin Anis: For IBA you can skip the admission test by scoring well in sat 1 (1500) according to the requirement in IBA otherwise do well in the admission test, best to visit the website and search through. For good universities like LUMS, GIKI, COMSATS and IST, even if you do give sats and not do well you'll automatically get prepared for the admission test.

Reaction score
Muhammad Bin Anis: For IBA you can skip the admission test by scoring well in sat 1 (1500) according to the requirement in IBA otherwise do well in the admission test, best to visit the website and search through. For good universities like LUMS, GIKI, COMSATS and IST, even if you do give sats and not do well you'll automatically get prepared for the admission test.

1500/2400? or out of 1600 ?

1500/2400 is a good score? :eek: