• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

People who have given SAT's..

Reaction score
Im also in AS but in pre-medical.....i wanna apply abroad too for medicine and Im intending to give SAT for it but many people have told me and i've read it at some places online as well that international uni's, especially in America, don't accept international students for the course of medicine :/
Does anyone know something about this? I mean in which uni or country should i look into that'll accept me for pre-med? Since applying to any American uni seems like a lost cause. Please help.

One of my friend's cousins got accepted into Harvard Medical, so no they accept international students .. and yes they also accept students from Pakistan as my friend's cousin lived in Karachi .. it all depends on the Grades/Scores you got, your luck and ofc. whatever Allah wishes :)

Reaction score
Umm for undergraduate engineering, should we appear for only SATII or both SAT I and II??
in case for SAT II, is Maths level I and Physics is enough ??
That depends on the College you're aiming at and so you'll need to check their website.
Most universities require two subject tests. Whether you appear for Maths Level 1 or 2 should be a reflection of the Maths courses you've studied in school.

Reaction score
That depends on the College you're aiming at and so you'll need to check their website.
Most universities require two subject tests. Whether you appear for Maths Level 1 or 2 should be a reflection of the Maths courses you've studied in school.

is it ok if I appear for SAT I and SAT II (physics and maths Lvl 1) ??:confused:

Reaction score
is it ok if I appear for SAT I and SAT II (physics and maths Lvl 1) ??:confused:
Yes is it possible if u can appear for both at once? i mean speaking realistically can u prepare for both? say if i were to give them in this oct?

Reaction score
Yes is it possible if u can appear for both at once? i mean speaking realistically can u prepare for both? say if i were to give them in this oct?

yea well, I guess it is possible coz I'll have my 2months free time after A levels exams...I can prepare during that time :)

Reaction score
Why not? :)
You can't appear for the SAT Reasoning Test (SAT 1) and the SAT Subject Tests (SAT 2) in the same session as far as I know . So if you plan to give both, you'll have to give one (SAT 1 or 2) in October and the other in November.

Reaction score
You can't give both of them in one session! Either way you'll have to divide them between different sessions; but the October session isn't available in every country so you should check the college board website for that.

Reaction score
One of my friend's cousins got accepted into Harvard Medical, so no they accept international students .. and yes they also accept students from Pakistan as my friend's cousin lived in Karachi .. it all depends on the Grades/Scores you got, your luck and ofc. whatever Allah wishes :)
thanks for the info :)
do u know by any chance whether he got financial aid as well or not?

Reaction score
thanks for the info :)
do u know by any chance whether he got financial aid as well or not?
First there is a 4 year BSc or pre med then you enter the med school.

Med schools in USA are very very selective. Its very rare for any international student to get in almost impossible. (some colleges dont even allow international students to apply)

There is no aid for M.D. (unless its MD/Ph.D) even for US nationals.

Reaction score
But some US universities do offer aid for degrees other than medicine.

HKU and HKUST are very good universities and admission is "comparatively easier" and they also offer aid, sometimes even extending to cover the living costs. (dont know about med)
Another excellent university is NUS, which also offers aid.

Reaction score
But some US universities do offer aid for degrees other than medicine.

HKU and HKUST are very good universities and admission is "comparatively easier" and they also offer aid, sometimes even extending to cover the living costs. (dont know about med)
Another excellent university is NUS, which also offers aid.
Thanks alot! I really appreciate the info :)

Reaction score
really SATs is no use and advantgae if ur not planning to go to an American university. just go ahead with ur AS and A2 its good enuh. no need for SATs waste of time. but if ur going to US then just do till AS , give ur SATs nd go. cuz apparently American universities care more abt SAT grades than anyothr. malaysia im not sure cuz if ur going to an american uni of there then yh SATs r important.

Reaction score
really SATs is no use and advantgae if ur not planning to go to an American university. just go ahead with ur AS and A2 its good enuh. no need for SATs waste of time. but if ur going to US then just do till AS , give ur SATs nd go. cuz apparently American universities care more abt SAT grades than anyothr. malaysia im not sure cuz if ur going to an american uni of there then yh SATs r important.
Not really. You're exempted from entry tests in Pakistan if you give SAT.

Reaction score
oh ok. was talking abt canada US England nd australia where i hv searched
i plan on applying in canada and australia... so there is no benefit whatsoever of SAT's in these countries? they dont give any recognition to SAT's? ur 100% sure abt that?

Reaction score
i plan on applying in canada and australia... so there is no benefit whatsoever of SAT's in these countries? they dont give any recognition to SAT's? ur 100% sure abt that?
umm they care abt results, i hvnt heard of any benefits. i hv done a lot of research on Canadian universities cuz i was planning to go there nd they really jst care abt watevr curriculum u do, u score high in it . well obv depends on what uni ur planning to go, they all hv different grade requirements according to world ranking, subj choice n all . i wuld say u wrk hard on ur AS nd A2 levels and if u by any chance score not tht high u can search for alternative ways (like doing SATs) to get urself betr chance of getting into a good uni. nd yh im 100% sure tht canadian unis dont want SATs as a compulsory , u hv to do TOEFL but not SATs. u can do some more reseach my mailing the universities and going on there website . nd australian universities idk much but i m also pretty sure they dont want SATs as a compulsory. if u get high grds in ur AS nd A2 levels u wuld aw easily get into a good uni, y go thru all this pain of giving SATs . doing diplomas and baccalaureate thou has mny advantages in admisson, tht i think is worth it :) . Goodluck :)

Reaction score
umm they care abt results, i hvnt heard of any benefits. i hv done a lot of research on Canadian universities cuz i was planning to go there nd they really jst care abt watevr curriculum u do, u score high in it . well obv depends on what uni ur planning to go, they all hv different grade requirements according to world ranking, subj choice n all . i wuld say u wrk hard on ur AS nd A2 levels and if u by any chance score not tht high u can search for alternative ways (like doing SATs) to get urself betr chance of getting into a good uni. nd yh im 100% sure tht canadian unis dont want SATs as a compulsory , u hv to do TOEFL but not SATs. u can do some more reseach my mailing the universities and going on there website . nd australian universities idk much but i m also pretty sure they dont want SATs as a compulsory. if u get high grds in ur AS nd A2 levels u wuld aw easily get into a good uni, y go thru all this pain of giving SATs . doing diplomas and baccalaureate thou has mny advantages in admisson, tht i think is worth it :) . Goodluck :)
Thankyouu for all the infoo.. :D
im planning on applying to university of toronto in canada and uni of melbourne in australia.. both have pretty high ranking in the world.. do u have any idea abt their grade requirements? and the scholarship criteria? see i got like 3 A*s, 5 A's and 2 B's in my olevels and now in As im probably gonna get 2 A's and a B... thats not a very good result im kinda disappointed.. :/
so anyways do u think i have a chance of getting an admission at any of these uni's and scoring a scholarship aswell? :/
also please tell me other top uni's in canada which have a high world ranking.. i'd like to know abt them since u've done alot of research.. :D

Reaction score
Thankyouu for all the infoo.. :D
im planning on applying to university of toronto in canada and uni of melbourne in australia.. both have pretty high ranking in the world.. do u have any idea abt their grade requirements? and the scholarship criteria? see i got like 3 A*s, 5 A's and 2 B's in my olevels and now in As im probably gonna get 2 A's and a B... thats not a very good result im kinda disappointed.. :/
so anyways do u think i have a chance of getting an admission at any of these uni's and scoring a scholarship aswell? :/
also please tell me other top uni's in canada which have a high world ranking.. i'd like to know abt them since u've done alot of research.. :D
I'm not sure abt scholarship since these top unis don't really give foreigners unless they hv scored extremely high . but surely u hv a chance of getting in. University of Toronto requires A's in chem physics and Math for As and A2 levels for engineering. they require a minimum of B nothing less and atleast 5 O level subjects with nothing less than an A in subjects for ur field. iv reasearchd on engineering cuz thts wat i want to do. atm University of Toronto and Mcgill are the leading universities in Canada. other good ones are University of British Columbia and Waterloo. all these universities require high grades . Computer engineering and computer sciences apparently close at the highest grade for admission cuz of the large number of students who are willing to study them. and depends wat subjects u hv got Bs for in O levels, if they r the trivial unimportant ones then not to worry but if they r subj concerned with ur field of interest then yh i guess u culd hv some difficulty in admission in University of Toronto. University of Toronto is top 10 for computer sciences and computer engineering so obv it has real high requirements. if u do diplomas it will surely benefit and if you can show a good involvement in extra curriculum.
And canadian universities require atleast 2 A2 levels . University of Toronto wants three A2 levels for computer engineering that is Phyiscs , math and chemistry. If u hv done Addition maths for O levels u will hv admission advantages. and if u do get a B in ur AS , dont worry InshAllah wrk harder in A2 levels. If u get High A in tht subject in A2 levels then when ur official result certificates for A2 levels come out then ur average of As and A2 can become an A. AS and A2 results for these top universities r far more important than O level results. So try scoring all As for ur A2 levels nxt yr InshAllah :) .

Jaf

Reaction score
Whaaat? :O He got admitted without an undergrad degree?