• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Music haram in ISLAM !!!!!!!

Reaction score
Yes dear... Thanks for the nice thread !
Well all type of music is Haraam whther it contains good or bad words, whether it is used for entertainment or whatever ....
But Such songs are permisable which contains praises to Allah (S.W.T) and Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) :)
I have given link below which clearly tells about which is haraam and halal :)
http://www.imranhosein.org/faq/59-general/224-is-music-allowed-in-islam.html

May Allah give us ability of working on His principles and rules (Ameen).. ! :)

Reaction score
can you plz go through this thread....

http://www.xtremepapers.com/communi...mpaign-for-muslim-brothers-and-sisters.13014/

and they talk about an mp3, The End Of Music by Kamal el makki ... try listening to it please...
Excuse me !!!
Can you give me Hadith about it ??!
there is no daleel that music is haram...i am sorry for not providin the hadith....but that is the answer given to me most of the tym wen i ask bout this issue...sorry for not confiming the information...i wil definetly research ,more deeply and get back 2 u ia....sorry for not checking properly and givin info wiout any evidence :(....but can u also plz provide me wtith the daleel that music is haram?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
MadihahK
You don't need to be sorry, coz I've been in your situation too... someone tells you something about an issue in Islam and you trust their opinion and later when you go ask the people of knowledge you find what you were told was different than what's found in ahadith.....

Here, try reading this fatwa Scholarly opinion on Music with evidences from Quran and Sunnah
it has all kinds of daleels you would need.... plus, if you are of those people who find it difficult to read stuff or who like advices given in a friendly way try listening to this link, The End Of Music by Kamal el makki ... Insha'Allah you will be rewarded by Allah for seeking knowledge...

Reaction score
there is no daleel that music is haram...i am sorry for not providin the hadith....but that is the answer given to me most of the tym wen i ask bout this issue...sorry for not confiming the information...i wil definetly research ,more deeply and get back 2 u ia....sorry for not checking properly and givin info wiout any evidence :(....but can u also plz provide me wtith the daleel that music is haram?
Yes I was saying the same that badrobot14 said and I have already written ahadis on this thread !!!! :)

Reaction score
MadihahK
You don't need to be sorry, coz I've been in your situation too... someone tells you something about an issue in Islam and you trust their opinion and later when you go ask the people of knowledge you find what you were told was different than what's found in ahadith.....

Here, try reading this fatwa Scholarly opinion on Music with evidences from Quran and Sunnah
it has all kinds of daleels you would need.... plus, if you are of those people who find it difficult to read stuff or who like advices given in a friendly way try listening to this link, The End Of Music by Kamal el makki ... Insha'Allah you will be rewarded by Allah for seeking knowledge...
Yes I was saying the same that badrobot14 said and I have already written ahadis on this thread !!!! :)
Jazakallah khair...i am definetly more clearer now on the whole issue :)

Reaction score
Even tough I'm confused regarding Sami yusuf...Even tough I listen him merely...But a big supporter ;)
Some ppl say it's halal some say Haraam ....
But for me it's permissable.... :)
And plz don't say me to read regarding this issue..Bcuz i've done alot :)
Dont worry i hav heard nasheeds are allowed and i did my own research....ure good ia (y)

Reaction score
Before advent of Islam music was used for bad purposes, That's why music was condemned....And at that time no nasheeds were there... :)
That's why not confirm :) that whether nasheeds which contain music are Halal or Haraam..but still I think they r permissable

Reaction score
Well thanks even tough I prefer to read articles :) There r different opinions some may agree and some disagree...So follow what u feel is right
o_O but isn't it better to stay away from nasheeds, when there is a difference of opinion? to be on the safer side!
what if it was prohibited?? if it was so, it will fall into the category of sinning.

Reaction score
Before advent of Islam music was used for bad purposes, That's why music was condemned....And at that time no nasheeds were there... :)
That's why not confirm :) that whether nasheeds which contain music are Halal or Haraam..but still I think they r permissable
your argument may be right, but there still is a possibility of it's prohibition. :)