• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BAN MUSIC CAMPAIGN - For Muslim brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, most of you already know that music is Haraam in Islam...

This thread is for those interested to leave music...cuz once you're addicted, you might have to struggle if you decide to leave it..

Let's say we'll have points thing...like +10 if you spent the whole day without listening, and -1 for each song you heard ;)
Lets see who gets the most points ;)
It's like competing, may be this'll help you alll in giving up listening to music ;)

..or may be if you got some better idea we'd do here altogether, do share .... (y)
and not to mention, be honest :D

P.S. Adopted from Narcotic's idea :D she said something like ban music campaign, and i thought good one :D

And a good reminder...save yourself:

551391_258997424189589_133219063434093_585032_793152339_n.jpg

PARTICIPANTS:

skull gurl
duaazahra
SalmanPakRocks
memyself15
purplerox
smzimran
hafsahassan
Yours Truly
HauteHijabii
Dexterwarrior12
iblue
-7 domination-
umaima patwari
ayeshaddy
Artemis
aTraveller
SilverCrest

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, most of you alrady know that music is Haraam in Islam...

This thread is for those interested to leave music...cuz once you're addicted, you might have to struggle if you decide to leave it..

Let's say we'll have points thing...like +10 if you spent the whole day without listening, and -1 for each song you heard ;)
It's like competing, may be this'll help you alll in giving up listening to music ;)

..or may be if you got some better idea we'd do here altogether, do share .... (y)

P.S. Adopted from Narcotic's idea :D she said something like ban music campaign, and i thought good one :D

PARTICIPANTS:

skull gurl
I am already on a one week ban and this is my sixth day:)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, most of you alrady know that music is Haraam in Islam...

PARTICIPANTS:

How about +10 points for each surah of Quran listened to.....?
Better to have addiction to Quran instead of Music :) .. just a thought.....

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Well, most of you already know that music is Haraam in Islam...

PARTICIPANTS:

skull gurl
AWWWW....... u made this thread for me..
how sweeett <3
m totally impressed n flattered ! :p :D
mwah :*
ur jus amazing !
may allah reward u ! :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
How about +10 points for each surah of Quran listened to.....?
Better to have addiction to Quran instead of Music :) .. just a thought.....

And how many for reading the quran on a daily basis?
That would be a better thread and many more people would follow
:)

Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!

brilliant idea I'd say...!!

So
+10 for each minute you listened to the Quran...ok? ;)

+10 if you woke up for Fajr Salah on time...;) for males...better they go to the masjid...27 times more rewarded..

+10 if you read the Quran (even if little, but atleast 1 page) and +5 bonus if it's read in the morning after Fajr (cuz at that time, it's like u r reading it in front of Allah swt and the angels...subhanAllah)

+2 for each Salah offered on time....

-10 for each Salah missed..

-5 for each minute listened to a song/music ;)

and ofcourse be honest ;)

Reaction score
That is soooo hard. near to impossible for me. well at least i can stop listening to music with cheap lyrics. :/

P.S : Can you mention some quotes which says that music is forbidden in Islam and other religions?

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!

brilliant idea I'd say...!!

So
+10 for each minute you listened to the Quran...ok? ;)

+10 if you woke up for Fajr Salah on time...;) for males...better they go to the masjid...27 times more rewarded..

+10 if you read the Quran (even if little, but atleast 1 page) and +5 bonus if it's read in the morning after Fajr (cuz at that time, it's like u r reading it in front of Allah swt and the angels...subhanAllah)

+2 for each Salah offered on time....

-5 for each minute listened to a song/music ;)

and ofcourse be honest ;)
I go to masjid in fajr and read quran before that every single day but yes, i listen to music so my net is positive i believe
I will try to cut short the time i listen to music..
However iam also not 100% sure if music is banned..
:cautious::unsure:

Reaction score
why rnt songs allowed ?? you kiddin ?
Nah! we ain't. :)
Try to think about what's deep. Not what seems apparent. I was so addicted to songs, and still m, Never knew cuz of it, I would have to face so much trouble! I was literally mumbling songs in my paper. Whenever I used to study I couldn't focus! Sometimes things in life aren't that clear to us. We might think that it's good for us but in the long term it leads to disaster.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
the point is we understand that since Allah is our Creator, what He choses for us is definitely for our own benifit..
A simple-to-understand example, the manufacturer of a machine will give certain do's and don'ts for it...now ofcourse, we'll try to follow it saying that otherwise it cud cause malfunctioning of that machine...is it or not? ;)
just a funny thing came to my mind :D why don't u try putting ur mobile in water :D thinking it's fun :D who cares if the user's guide mentions to keep away from it :D :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.