• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
because firstly it cud not be neg as range and domain of org function said so
secondly it was to be greater than 2 i.e domain of org f
and thus u cud write 2<f<infinity or simply f>2

How many marks was the domain and range for? The total part was for 4 marks, that included finding the inverse.

Reaction score
because firstly it cud not be neg as range and domain of org function said so
secondly it was to be greater than 2 i.e domain of org f
and thus u cud write 2<f<infinity or simply f>2

Wait. Who said we have to link it the previous function?

This is a brand new function, with it's own graph, domain and range. Why are you linking it to the previous one?

Reaction score
Wait. Who said we have to link it the previous function?

This is a brand new function, with it's own graph, domain and range. Why are you linking it to the previous one?
coz it,s an inverse function of the original one...get it.there is no brand new one though u cud say it was new in the sense tht it was derived frm org and diff frm original

Reaction score
coz it,s an inverse function of the original one...get it.there is no brand new one though u cud say it was new in the sense tht it was derived frm org and diff frm original

What if it was an independent function?
That would my answers be right?

Reaction score
What if it was an independent function?
That would my answers be right?
I am sorry but tht is not a case of wht if....like I said check the past pprs topical of 2002 or before and u will see such questions!!!
Also wht was ur integration question answer

Reaction score
Alrighty geniuses, how was the paper? Good. Let's get to work, check the bottom two links in my signature.

Reaction score
Hi guys, for the g(f(x)) question I answered something similar but worded it a bit differently. Do you mind taking a look at it? If. 2^2x-2^x=0 then 2^x=0,1 but for all x in real numbers 2^x cannot equal 0. Furthermore when 2^x=1 x=0 and when this is the case f(x)=0 as f(x)= 2^x - 1 and 2^0 - 1=0. But the range of f(x) is f(x)>3. So it is not possible that f(x)=0. So g(f(x))=0 has no solutions.

Reaction score
guys what do you the think the grade boundaries will be this year? To give you a good idea, last years was 151- A* 2012 was 143- A* and 2011 was 151- A*? How was this paper in comparison to 2013,2012 and 2011? Any predictions as to what the grade boundaries will be like?

Reaction score
guys what do you the think the grade boundaries will be this year? To give you a good idea, last years was 151- A* 2012 was 143- A* and 2011 was 151- A*? How was this paper in comparison to 2013,2012 and 2011? Any predictions as to what the grade boundaries will be like?

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? I REPEAT! HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?

Reaction score
I know it because igcse thresholds are published and are readily accessible online, and the o level add math qp is exactly the same as the igcse add math ones. As for my first query, can someone read it and tell me if it makes logical sense?

Reaction score
Hi guys, for the g(f(x)) question I answered something similar but worded it a bit differently. Do you mind taking a look at it? If. 2^2x-2^x=0 then 2^x=0,1 but for all x in real numbers 2^x cannot equal 0. Furthermore when 2^x=1 x=0 and when this is the case f(x)=0 as f(x)= 2^x - 1 and 2^0 - 1=0. But the range of f(x) is f(x)>3. So it is not possible that f(x)=0. So g(f(x))=0 has no solutions.
yeah I wrote the same too :p