• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I don't think so. It was a logarithmic function, doesn't work that way.
simply sketch its graph...mind map and whtever and see tht infact values r transposed..check the past pprs do mind map check the book even u will see tht they r transposed values..

Reaction score
simply sketch its graph...mind map and whtever and see tht infact values r transposed..check the past pprs do mind map check the book even u will see tht they r transposed values..

You should google ''how to find domain and range of logarithmic functions''..

Reaction score
tht,s wht I am saying abt xtra sol which u put up tht they penalize as it violates accuracy mark..smtimes during checking they might see a general trend or sth or doubts of their own regarding xtra sol and so they hold meetings e.t.c

In a trignometry question, the range is there to make sure than ALL ANSWERS in that specific range are present.
So if an extra answer is there, out of the range, they will deduct a whole mark?

Reaction score
You should google ''how to find domain and range of logarithmic functions''..
Oh ho I know wht ur talking abt ...have read it in my add maths book ...but for this graph u had to check its initial domain for the orginal fx to be defined and thus for its inverse to be defined as well I know..these were the extra restrictions
lg(x+1)/lg2 so x>-1 is think wht u wrote and this wrong due to the initial domain and range of org fx

Reaction score
tht,s wht I was thinking and yeah abt the equation
2^x(2^x-1)=0
wht did u write abt being no solutions...for me have already told u
i solved the equation further so it became 2^2x - 2^x
Maybe i could be wrong
So i wrote the bases cannot get cancelled as they are not being multiplied or divided
I guess i was wrong :/

Reaction score
Oh ho I know wht ur talking abt ...have read it in my add maths book ...but for this graph u had to check its initial domain for the orginal fx to be defined and thus for its inverse to be defined as well I know..these were the extra restrictions
lg(x+1)/lg2 so x>-1 is think wht u wrote and this wrong due to the initial domain and range of org fx

So the domain of f. That was your range of f inverse?

And the range of f that was >3 was your domain of f inverse?

Reaction score
i solved the equation further so it became 2^2x - 2^x
Maybe i could be wrong
So i wrote the bases cannot get cancelled as they are not being multiplied or divided
I guess i was wrong :/
since they were already sort of factorized then it wud simply be 2^x=0 not possible and 2^x-1=0 i.e x=o which was not in domain so hence no real sol