• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yes, but i don't remember any 2x :/

That was there in the second part maybe.

The first question was in terms of sine. How did you get 101.3? I think that's wrong.
Tht,s wht i am saying ...if u cud just remmebr the exact question for both 2 parts then it will be done and dusted.....coz i cant remmeber

Reaction score
I aint saying anything for sure now:p ....just jog up ur memory cells and see wht the 2nd part was according to u

Everyone is saying tan was first part :/ It wasn't. :p

Okay, i'm trying to remember, but marks are cut for stating an additional angle, and not writing rejected? :/

Reaction score
Question in November 2013:
View attachment 45279

Marking Scheme:
View attachment 45278

They said A1 for each correct solution.

Apart from these two, there were other solutions, but not in the range. Doesn't the presence of these two required solutions mean full marks?
but if u write extra then A1 marks tht is ACCURACY marks will not be observed and accordingly one deducted per xtra

Reaction score
I can't a marking scheme with those details :/

But maybe examiners have different rules.
Ok confirmed for the second part rnage was frm 0 to 360
yes the range was frm 0 to 360 but since one value of sin was rej coz it was out of its range ...the other was positive value and thus sin wud lie in first or second quadrant
and effectively range was 0 to 180.Perhaps I was mixing this earlier but its confirmed now tand thus the only values were:sinx=0.5
x=30 ,150 exclusivel...no more and no less for this second part....Yes the second part
First was of tan as faizan said and for tht range was 0 to 180

Reaction score
If we made the equation in the first part using lg would marks be deducted???
It just asked to form the equation and both lg and ln give same answers