• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
How much marks will i be loosing in the volume question, if i have stated the formula and the limits correctly for the curve and have found the volume of solid formed from line rotated 360° around x axis correctly but have done an arithmetic mistake around last stages of my solution? The question was i guess 6 marks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How much marks will i be loosing in the volume question, if i have stated the formula and the limits correctly for the curve and have found the volume of solid formed from line rotated 360° around x axis correctly but have done a arithmetic mistake around last stages of my solution? The question was i guess 6 marks.
1-2 marks I think

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. :cool::);)

But would you mind telling me where did you get these papeZ?
any sites or sth?
Cause I want these for other subjects too.:(o_O
There is a website for examiners where they upload the papers earlier than to the public. I'm guessing some examiner was kind enough to pass it on to the students.

Reaction score
Maths s18 qp12 was piss easy guys... i expect the thresholds to be like 60 for an A for that paper. If you had medium prep and read the questions properly, you could've got full. The only challenging question was 4(ii) where they asked about what were the set of values for which f(x)=k gives no solution. Even that could've been solved with a bit of thinking

Reaction score
Maths s18 qp12 was piss easy guys... i expect the thresholds to be like 60 for an A for that paper. If you had medium prep and read the questions properly, you could've got full. The only challenging question was 4(ii) where they asked about what were the set of values for which f(x)=k gives no solution. Even that could've been solved with a bit of thinking
No it wasn't. Maybe you are just a genius.

Reaction score
dont worry guys. I do believe that the threshold will be lower. Definitely lower than 60... it doesnt matter if a few people thought it was easy. THE MAJORITY of the candidates felt it very different and difficult compared to previous papers.. and thats what will make the threshold lower

Reaction score
Don't worry dudes, you can make up for any lost marks in m1. M1 thresholds vary depending on how tough the papers are but for variant 2, they are usually low(below 40). So study hard over the next 2-3 days and you should be fine!