• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: Maths made easy =) stuck sumwhere?Ask ur doubts here!!

One of them is related to graph I guess??? I am doing O level... So these questions do look kind of different to what I have been doing in the O-Level past papers... Perhaps Math Angel can help??? I wonder if he forgot to answer those or something... Or post it in this TOPIC that guy may help you if you are in hurry...

Reaction score

Whats more difficult: IGCSE or O Level???

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Re: Some help wanted

Ahsen420 said:
Can you help me with this paper
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... _qp_21.pdf
Q5(a)
Q18
Q21(b)

Q5(a)
The answer is 5... Don't take the plane on which its laying....

Q18
(a) i- Don't you know how to draw tangents?
ii- Take the gradient of the tangent it will give you ACCELERATION... (only in speed time graph)
(b) As you can see from the graph the max speed is 60 m/s, Time given is 13 seconds....

So use the speed distance and time formula...
Distance= 60 into 13 = 780 m/s in the answer..
Q21(b)

You have to use the formula of midpoint here... [(x1 + x2)/2 , (y1 + y2)/2]

[(1 + 7)/2 , (8 + (-4)/2]
[8/2 , (8 -4)/2]
[8/2 , 4/2]
(4,2) is the midpoint...

Are these two specific papers...? I mean 0580 and 0581? One have to give both of them or what is the extended edition for?

Reaction score

Math_angel said:
Pernee26 said:
Can you do Q 3 and Q 10 from the same past paper as well please.
Here is the link http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0580 - Mathematics/0580_w08_qp_04.pdf

hi!
well these r a bit lengthy questions and it's difficult for me to work it out completely...may be u can askk the specific problem u r having....that'll be much easier... :) i hope u understand :)

Sure. Well for starters in Q3 b) Im getting a really wierd graph. Im getting a curve on one side and a slightly staright line on the other side of the X axis. And since I cant make the graph right. I seem to be having troubles with the other parts.
In Q10 its mostly part b). Solve these two parts please and lets see if i can do the rest of the questions on my own :)

Reaction score

This graph has two separate branches you have to draw two lines here... Separated by y-axis line...

Reaction score
@CaptainDanger
I knew Q18 all except (a)ii
Can you explain in detail ?????????

IN My post

Reaction score

Assalamu 'Alaikum. About the doubt I'm about to ask... 2 of my math teachers couldn't solve. And I'm getting the answer right, but don't know whether any working is necessary.

http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/index.ph ... _qp_22.pdf

Qns. 8 (b) - according to the graph, I get 66. I don't know any working here. I just saw the gap of 0.5 wheresoever it is between the two lines. Please help with some explanations and working.

Can I get some notes on quadratic graphs, plotting curves and graphical solution of equations please?

May Allah bless you's..

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Abid357 said:
Assalamu 'Alaikum. About the doubt I'm about to ask... 2 of my math teachers couldn't solve. And I'm getting the answer right, but don't know whether any working is necessary.

http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/index.ph ... _qp_22.pdf

Qns. 8 (b) - according to the graph, I get 66. I don't know any working here. I just saw the gap of 0.5 wheresoever it is between the two lines. Please help with some explanations and working.

Can I get some notes on quadratic graphs, plotting curves and graphical solution of equations please?

May Allah bless you's..
Waalaikumassalam :)

your answer is correct and u dont need any working...ur method is correct too.. :Bravo: .this was the paper i gave :D

what notes do u need..??

i never made any notes actually...and i dont have time to make notes now :( ask ur problems...may be i cud assist u that way :)

Reaction score

Wow.. must have been tough for you then. So there's no such working, just needed some logic and that's it ey?

No worries about the notes, I've found it from one of the posts of CaptainDanger containing all the notes... much thanks to you both ! :good:

Reaction score

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

pprgeek said:
Salam everyone !!

Just need a bit of help in the following questions. Importantly i need the correct method to do them as working is for marks too.

Q8 (First Variant)

Paper 2 : http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0581 - Mathematics Extended/0581_s08_qp_2.pdf

Q5 (First Variant)

Paper 2 :http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0581 - Mathematics Extended/0581_w08_qp_2.pdf

Thanks is advance guys!! :D
Waalaikumassalam!! :)

For Q:8
make the no. inside the bracket to a power 3... so (3^3 * x^3)^(2/3)
now open the bracket and cancel..simplify...u'll get the final answer as 9x^2

Q:5 mark 90 degrees from BD clockwise...then keeping the compass at B...and the other end at D draw an arc till where u've marked 90 degrees..

Reaction score

Are these two specific papers...? I mean 0580 and 0581? One have to give both of them or what is the extended edition for?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

they are both the same...but 0581 includes coursework....i dont have much info abt what coursework is like...but 0580 is without coursework...rest all question papers and all that is exactly same :)