• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! plzzzzzzz
Q9) b)(i) to find the speed u will have to divide the volume by the area ( to get cm/s)
so the volume that is 3000cm3 is filled in one minute
and the area which is pi * 0.74 * 0.74
just divide them

(ii) u will have to imagine the pool as a cylinder with h= 5/10 cm
and V= 12000 cm3
soo subject r and find it
hope u understand this too :)

Reaction score
Q4) d) umm.....for this one if u observe the angle MOB is only 1/4 of the angle AOC which is needed to find the arclength
soo AOC= 4 * 39 = 156
next find the arc length as the radius is given
hope u understand :)
i've never heard about this method.. but can't i just find BON as ab = bc, and bo is common which is the radius so MOB=NOB. and therefore MON = 78, AOC = 360-78 .... i used this method but my answer is wrong. can u tell how u knew tht its 1/4 of AOC and that why is my method giving wrong answer?? are triangles MOB and NOB congruent or no???

Reaction score
Q9) b)(i) to find the speed u will have to divide the volume by the area ( to get cm/s)
so the volume that is 3000cm3 is filled in one minute
and the area which is pi * 0.74 * 0.74
just divide them

(ii) u will have to imagine the pool as a cylinder with h= 5/10 cm
and V= 12000 cm3
soo subject r and find it
hope u understand this too :)
thank you very much!! it was really helpful:).... can u plzz do me one more favor. what is the concept of these types of questions and how do you know when to apply them so that i'll be able to use that in any other questions as well. thanks a bunch once again(y) GOOD LUCK! plzz do reply its very important cox my teacher didn't teach me any such method:( and for the other one also.:whistle::confused::unsure: