• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
May june 2008 paper2 question 17 and I would like to know how to approach such questions
Is there any good way to improve my perfomance while dealing graphs related questions any rules that would help plus what is a histogram? I mean a histogram at times is represented by height or by the bar area I am completely confused help is needed please

Reaction score
May june 2008 paper2 question 17 and I would like to know how to approach such questions
Is there any good way to improve my perfomance while dealing graphs related questions any rules that would help plus what is a histogram? I mean a histogram at times is represented by height or by the bar area I am completely confused help is needed please

Attachments

• IMG_20141108_131037.jpg
    IMG_20141108_131037.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
what do u mean by dealing with graphs? is it drawing them or reading them off?
Histogram has bars. But bars with no space. And bar graph also has bars but with space. In Histograms on y-axis its frequency density and on x-axis the class intervals. And yea the area in each bar gives u the total frequency. Thus, histogram is represented by f.d on y-axis and class intervals on x-axis.
and f.d = frequency / class width.
so if u r given a graph u'll be given f.d and class width and will be told to find, maybe lets say, mean etc. So u'll need to use this formula to find frequency first.
u can post any specific question on histogram to make ur question more clear.

Reaction score
what do u mean by dealing with graphs? is it drawing them or reading them off?
Histogram has bars. But bars with no space. And bar graph also has bars but with space. In Histograms on y-axis its frequency density and on x-axis the class intervals. And yea the area in each bar gives u the total frequency. Thus, histogram is represented by f.d on y-axis and class intervals on x-axis.
and f.d = frequency / class width.
so if u r given a graph u'll be given f.d and class width and will be told to find, maybe lets say, mean etc. So u'll need to use this formula to find frequency first.
u can post any specific question on histogram to make ur question more clear.

So what about cumulative frequency I don't how do we find it out in May June 2010 v 42 q7 part b and what is the difference between frequency and cumulative frequency are they the same or what?

Reaction score
So what about cumulative frequency I don't how do we find it out in May June 2010 v 42 q7 part b and what is the difference between frequency and cumulative frequency are they the same or what?
in cumulative frequency we add the previous frequency . the first frequency is written as it is in this question its 12, the next is 12+15=27, the next 27+23=50 and so on... the last one will always be the total number of frequencies, in this question it is 200....:)

Reaction score
hi, i have problems with sequences, bearings, statistics and probability. please help me with some resources and solved questions (with full steps), if you can ..Thank you