• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did physics 33 go??

What do u think?

• Total voters
Reaction score
please tell me the value of L?
they asked the difference between crocodile clip and the place where it was marked F ? right

Reaction score
what was the distance u got for the (x) in the second experiment? :D
can anyone tell plzz :D

Reaction score
thats common man...:D other thatn that...:D
welli wrote osicillations die out quickly
curved track...
Distance was difficult to measure due to curved track
Difficult to judge when one oscillation is completed
Applying a force on the object

Reaction score
mine gradient was 3.6*10^-4 and y intrcpt was 31.smthng :p
and i took the reading in A and m.

Reaction score
can someone who if only is sure tell me something please? in the limitations/improvements question i wrote:
1)Parallax error "with nothing else to add"
1)look perpendicularly with one eye closed.
2)difficult to release marble/sphere without adding external forces.
2)use mechanical method.
3)difficulty in timing the oscillation of the ball with the stop watch due to the human's reaction time.
3)use of motion sensor connected to a timer.
4)when measuring the height,the ruler may not be perpendicular to the bench hence inaccurate reading.
4)use of set square to ensure its perpendicular.
please tell me how strict they will be when correcting such answers and how many marks i can expect.i already wrote the table in pencil and they may subtract a marks or two for that.
i got the gradient -10.5 and the y-intercept 19 or somewhere there.but i forgot to provide units for the gradient and y-intrcept which i believe will qlso cost me 1/2 marks.
sorry for making this a long but i wrote in the comment on ur k answer:
"my answers proves of the relationship and the values i got for k arent completely exact probably due to uncertainities in the experiment however 2 values arent enough a graph must be plotted and the gradient must be taken." how many marks am i gonna get for this?

Reaction score
Error/improvement
1. Two readings not enough for a valid conclusion/Take more readings and plot a graph.
2. Force applied on ball when released/use an electromagnet release clamp so ball moves under the force of its own weight.
3. Difficulty in judging ending of one oscillation of the ball (or different wording)/Use a video camera with slow motion playback and a data logger.

These 3 will score you 6 solid marks. But even if the error or improvement of any one point is wrong, you will get a zero mark, not one mark. \
Anything with parallax error or HRTE only will get you no marks. You also have to explain BOTH the error AND the improvement for two marks.
As for the last point, I cannot confirm what would be accepted. But I know the above should. Hope you guys did well.

Reaction score
Error/improvement
1. Two readings not enough for a valid conclusion/Take more readings and plot a graph.
2. Force applied on ball when released/use an electromagnet release clamp so ball moves under the force of its own weight.
3. Difficulty in judging ending of one oscillation of the ball (or different wording)/Use a video camera with slow motion playback and a data logger.

These 3 will score you 6 solid marks. But even if the error or improvement of any one point is wrong, you will get a zero mark, not one mark. \
Anything with parallax error or HRTE only will get you no marks. You also have to explain BOTH the error AND the improvement for two marks.
As for the last point, I cannot confirm what would be accepted. But I know the above should. Hope you guys did well.
Could difficulty in measuring the distance of y due to the curved track be one of the reasons?