• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did physics 33 go??

What do u think?

• Total voters
Reaction score
did you all get same value of time for both the y measurements?
i got 0.01 seconds for both
my k didnt make sense :/

Reaction score
may be because of friction it didnt come upto desired height! so one of the improvements could be putting Oil in the track .
guys lets discuss the paper from beginning ?

Reaction score
So guys one of my friends made and filled the table in Q1 with pencil....will he be penalized for it? If yes then how much marks should he expect to be deducted?
Please help asap as he is really freaking out !

Reaction score
So guys one of my friends made and filled the table in Q1 with pencil....will he be penalized for it? If yes then how much marks should he expect to be deducted?
I'm sorry to say that my teacher always told us that if you fill the table with pencil it won't be marked..im really sorry :oops:

Reaction score
I was having a bit of trouble..setting up question 2 since the track wasn't bending..but i just had a shifty and saw some of the other kids and made mine work:p i think it went well considering i really wanted good grades since my theory wasn't the best!

Reaction score
i also used pencil.. actually, the wire was faulty.. which wasted about 30 minutes... so i just hurriedly tried to complete the paper.. but couldnt complete it.. :/

Reaction score
but why.. on the paper wasnt it written that pencil can be used for graphs and diagrams :/
Diagrams and graphs only not in tables and recording results..this kid was doing it wrong in my centre and our teacher(my schools my centre) just said it out loud to fill the tables in pen. You can make the outline of the table with pencil but you must fill it in pen. I especially took academy for practicals and both my school teacher and academy sir confirmed it.

Reaction score
Diagrams and graphs only not in tables and recording results..this kid was doing it wrong in my centre and our teacher(my schools my centre) just said it out loud to fill the tables in pen. You can make the outline of the table with pencil but you must fill it in pen. I especially took academy for practicals and both my school teacher and academy sir confirmed it.
but dont you think that examiner should try to be lenient bearing MY SITUATION in mind :(

Reaction score
i also used pencil.. actually, the wire was faulty.. which wasted about 30 minutes... so i just hurriedly tried to complete the paper.. but couldnt complete it.. :/
Oh its okay don't worry too much hopefully the threshold will be low and you'll get a good grade. What wire was faulty..you should have told them to replace it....if you don't mind me asking what was your centre?

Reaction score
Oh its okay don't worry too much hopefully the threshold will be low and you'll get a good grade. What wire was faulty..you should have told them to replace it....if you don't mind me asking what was your centre?
they changed it.. but then i had only half hour to complete the whole q1 .... the graph, table, gradient, etc :O
and also the limitations part of q 2
wire f was faulty... well school was jh but the practicals were held in BHS

Reaction score
but dont you think that examiner should try to be lenient bearing MY SITUATION in mind :(
Dude don't worry....it's fine!
CIE won't cut marks for these silly things hopefully...
In addition the papers are scanned and then sent so the difference between pen and pencil is almost eliminated. But the pencil writings were visible yes?