• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Guide and Tips-O Levels

Reaction score
AbbbbY
What subjects are comparatively easy to give and dont require excessive studying?I have chosen Business Studies as one extra subject,but what should be the other?Commerce,Economics?Are they easy enough to get A*s?And which is more easy?Commerce or Economics and could you guide me to the best books for all of these subjects?Thanks.

Reaction score
Okay! I need urgent help!
I have studied in a pakistani school in peshawar till class 7, then my dad got transferred abroad and I studied in a British School which followed british curriculum (GCSE's).Now here's the part that really pisses me off...just before I started my GCSE's my dad got transferred back to pakistan...I'm currently in rawalpindi, pakistan and just got an admission in The City School. I chose the following subjects: Compulsry subjects , Chem, Physics, Computer Studies. The school wanted to put me in class 9, prep 3, because they thought I was crap at studies since I had studied in an intl. school. They gave me an enrty test for class. 9..Aced it easily and they put me in class 10, senior 1
My question is...what subjects should I put more effort into? considering the fact I have been in an intl. school and have not studied pak studies and urdu for three years
NOTE: I'm doing URDU SYLLABUS - B (easy urdu) (second lang)

Reaction score
Okay! I need urgent help!
I have studied in a pakistani school in peshawar till class 7, then my dad got transferred abroad and I studied in a British School which followed british curriculum (GCSE's).Now here's the part that really pisses me off...just before I started my GCSE's my dad got transferred back to pakistan...I'm currently in rawalpindi, pakistan and just got an admission in The City School. I chose the following subjects: Compulsry subjects , Chem, Physics, Computer Studies. The school wanted to put me in class 9, prep 3, because they thought I was crap at studies since I had studied in an intl. school. They gave me an enrty test for class. 9..Aced it easily and they put me in class 10, senior 1
My question is...what subjects should I put more effort into? considering the fact I have been in an intl. school and have not studied pak studies and urdu for three years
NOTE: I'm doing URDU SYLLABUS - B (easy urdu) (second lang)

You should probably wait for Abby but personally i think Urdu B is really easy so you should concentrate on Pak.Studies. U could scan and post an essay of urdu which shows your current level of Urdu.

Reaction score
sociology ,environmentl mangmnt ..i wanted to take these subjects but they hav no value here in pakistan .. it was very dissappointing to hear this :(. Here, only chem phy maths eng comp bio are given importance :'(

Reaction score
I chose the following subjects:
- Complusries
- Chemistry
- Computer Studies
- Physics

Are these good choices for Engineering?
My dad wants me to get amazing grades and I'm going to try my best (I have been in an Intl. School and I was a A* student)
I am not quite sure If I did the right thing since I have joined a pakistani school after 3 whole years and chose such difficult subjects...
Will it be easy for me to get good marks...I really don't wanna let my dad and myself down. :unsure:
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reaction score
sociology ,environmentl mangmnt ..i wanted to take these subjects but they hav no value here in pakistan .. it was very dissappointing to hear this :(. Here, only chem phy maths eng comp bio are given importance :'(

I know how that feels Zoha Khan..Unfortunately pakistanis don't really give a crap about such subjects which is just so sad. All you hear is ''Beta tum Engineer bano gay!''

Reaction score
I chose the following subjects:
- Complusries
- Chemistry
- Computer Studies
- Physics

Are these good choices for Engineering?
My dad wants me to get amazing grades and I'm going to try my best (I have been in an Intl. School and I was a A* student)
I am not quite sure If I did the right thing since I have joined a pakistani school after 3 whole years and chose such difficult subjects...
Will it be easy for me to get good marks...I really don't wanna let my dad and myself down. :unsure:
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If I were you I'd take Add Math aswell. If that's not an option, then Add Math instead of Computer

Reaction score
I know how that feels Zoha Khan..Unfortunately pakistanis don't really give a crap about such subjects which is just so sad. All you hear is ''Beta tum Engineer bano gay!''
Hahaha! :D
well.. in my case i Allah ka shukar hv the liberty to choose my field as per my choice. but the thng actually ws that i wanted A's so that takng an admission in a good skool for Alevels cud become possible. thatx y i decided to go for some xtras.. but hearing that there r not given importnc nd only main subs r considered blew my mind n shattered my hopes :( :D

Reaction score
could someone plz tell me abt the issue i found in english paper 2 oct/nov insert 12/22...?

Attachments

• 1123_w12_in_22.pdf
    118.1 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
If you have a remote interest in it, go ahead and take it. Nothing out of the ordinary.

At O Levels, there's A LOT of choice in the World History paper. I think there are like 39 or 41 questions, the first one is compulsory and you have to do like 3-4 more from those. Loads and loads of choice.

If anyone wants an easy, easy A, Sociology, Environmental Management and Commerce are baby subjects which don't even require a teacher (I did them myself, just a book and me and started in mid-April of the exam session (i.e May). Got As and A*s in these despite the horrible prep. They are very, very easy. It's more general knowledge than science. Low GTs and loads of choice = A A A!

I want to ask isnt the syllabus of socio and EM too lengthy.

Reaction score
I want to ask isnt the syllabus of socio and EM too lengthy.

Lengthy?!

Are you kidding?? What shorter do you want? I gave EM w/o real prep, reading the summaries and a few past papers and gave Socio studying for a couple of days (although left a lot on choice, ofcourse). Not sure what you mean by lengthy, but if you found THESE subjects lengthy, wait till you get to A Levels!

Reaction score
wha
Lengthy?!

Are you kidding?? What shorter do you want? I gave EM w/o real prep, reading the summaries and a few past papers and gave Socio studying for a couple of days (although left a lot on choice, ofcourse). Not sure what you mean by lengthy, but if you found THESE subjects lengthy, wait till you get to A Levels!
What were your grades??

Reaction score
Dear sir i wanted to ask you that where from would i get guess papers for isl pak stud and Urdu for cie in 2014 PLEASE REPLY

Reaction score
Can you provide me wid EM and socio notes or any link where i can get some notes?

Dunno man. I really didn't study much for the two, the former in particular. I tried getting notes but it was no good. Likewise online. Thus, I resorted to skimming and skipping in case of EM -_-

Reaction score
could anyone please tell me the best two or more books for o level(2058) islamiat.
thanx a lot