• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Football/Soccer anyone?

Reaction score
The Chelsea-City match next week may prove to be the deciding factor. Although, a win at Stamford Bridge for City after last night's humiliation seems nearly impossible.
With Aguero,Dzeko,Kompany & Lampards experience i think we can snatch away a victory or a draw would be helpful too.

Reaction score
One loss isn't the end of the story; although I do resent the fact that we lost from Arsenal, I mean why ARSENAL, and why not some other team (excluding the top 5 teams)!!
TBH for the first time this season i have seen such a poor defending from MAN CITY,Absolute rubbish and of which Arsenal player took full advantage.Arsenal's defending was extra-ordinary all 11 players back in the hub,though they did few mistakes but over all great management by Wenger in contrast to Pellegrini who kept Lampard and Dzeko on bench.

Reaction score
I don't think so. Where was this experience last night?
Aguero returning back from injury,Kompany as usual was at his best & Lampard didn't even had a shot. Pellegrini did mistakes from which i think he would have learned.Dzeko should have started instead of aguero and so should have Lampard instead of Silva.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Aguero returning back from injury,Kompany as usual was at his best & Lampard didn't even had a shot. Pellegrini did mistakes from which i think he would have learned.Dzeko should have started instead of aguero and so should have Lampard instead of Silva.
And that will somehow stop Hazard, Costa, Oscar, Matic and Fabregas?

Reaction score
And that will somehow stop Hazard, Costa, Oscar, Matic and Fabregas?
No doubt CHELSEA has got great potential, but nevertheless Man CITY can not be underestimated i think Hazard,Matic,Oscar was their in both of Chelsea's Defeats.When it comes to Costa he is a true beast but to be precise he looks like the young Wayne Rooney desperate for goals and filled of aggressiveness, so if MAN CITY does their best to stop him for sure he will end up in a Yellow Card. The Most dangerous threat over here would be Cech and Schurrle Playing, because Cech can be said Unbeaten able and Schurrle being one of the players having great amount of shots on target can make situation worse for us.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
No doubt CHELSEA has got great potential, but nevertheless Man CITY can not be underestimated i think Hazard,Matic,Oscar was their in both of Chelsea's Defeats.When it comes to Costa he is a true beast but to be precise he looks like the young Wayne Rooney desperate for goals and filled of aggressiveness, so if MAN CITY does their best to stop him for sure he will end up in a Yellow Card. The Most dangerous threat over here would be Cech and Schurrle Playing, because Cech can be said Unbeaten able and Schurrle being one of the players having great amount of shots on target can make situation worse for us.
Of course, man. Both teams have great talent and potential, which is why I said that this season's title may come down to the upcoming Chelsea-City match.
But when it comes to Stamford Bridge, Jose' and his men are very stubborn and just don't lose.

Reaction score
Of course, man. Both teams have great talent and potential, which is why I said that this season's title may come down to the upcoming Chelsea-City match.
But when it comes to Stamford Bridge, Jose' and his men are very stubborn and just don't lose.
Yep that's true,Mourinho's home record is amazing.

Reaction score
Thanks for the great introduction,btw i think CHELSEA fans should be pessimistic despite losing to Spurs and Newcastle united,secondly Next week will be important if we Snatch a victory at Stamford Bridge then same last years show will begin,
MAN City first,Man UTD second & Third Chelsea.

We lost due to finishing and tiredness, not a lack of quality. Could have drawn both games if we took our chances as well as the other team (even the Spurs game, we had 3-4 other great chances, while they scored on 5/6). Just a bad day in the office.

On the other hand, Man City were completely dominated by Arsenal. They completely nullified the whole team and they looked likelier to score more.

Big IF. And at STAMFORD BRIDGE. Without Yaya Toure! (I don't think Fernandinho can exploit Fabregas's awful defending). Your defending has been very awful recently. Conceded 2 to Burnley, Sunderland at home while yesterday Arsenal were good in defence but their counter-attacking was awful (Chamberlain and Sanchez). The only attack which worked was long balls to Giroud. Both goals were gift-wrapped (Kompany had a poor game).

Reaction score
We lost due to finishing and tiredness, not a lack of quality. Could have drawn both games if we took our chances as well as the other team (even the Spurs game, we had 3-4 other great chances, while they scored on 5/6). Just a bad day in the office.

On the other hand, Man City were completely dominated by Arsenal. They completely nullified the whole team and they looked likelier to score more.

Big IF. And at STAMFORD BRIDGE. Without Yaya Toure! (I don't think Fernandinho can exploit Fabregas's awful defending). Your defending has been very awful recently. Conceded 2 to Burnley, Sunderland at home while yesterday Arsenal were good in defense but their counter-attacking was awful (Chamberlain and Sanchez). The only attack which worked was long balls to Giroud. Both goals were gift-wrapped (Kompany had a poor game).
I don't think that was in lack of tiredness,or else mourinho would be shouting all over the channels (because he always blames it on teams,refereeing staff or public). And i think Komapny had a great game last night he was the only defender truly visible, Fernandinho isn't working for us but i think for sure Pellegrini will change his formation to something 4-3-3 Counter attack or shoot on sight because over here he would be thinking of a draw.

Chelsea Vs Liverpool Tonight
Sounds Interesting, but doesn't look like a game worth watching.Chelsea clearly has superior quality and tactics.

Reaction score
So Torres nets in twice against real Madrid,i think a cheeky defending by Real Madrid and a bit of over-confidence that let them out of Copa Del Ray.But the Big Question arises Simeone who have been superb managing atletico can bring the best in torres,Not to forget at which Mourinho ( The Special One) failed and if he does would it be any worthy for A.C.Milan?
dose two goals wow luks hes bck

Reaction score
So i was wrong,Liverpool completely dominated the game,chelsea was hardly seen through out 90 minutes.
I think Mourinho knows his team had one of the worst performances this season. But Courtois proving himself was a great sign for Chelsea.

Reaction score
"Chelsea don't sell garbage"-Mourinho
Looks truth De brune,Schurrle,Mata,Lukaku,Torres,...
In their current forms they look players a team would love to have.

They aren't garbage.

However, of those 5 - I think the only one Chelsea will regret selling will be Kevin De Bruyne. Mata can't cut it at Man Utd, Lukaku has been horrible and Torres needed to go.