• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Football/Soccer anyone?

Reaction score
Typical Chelsea fan.

How? I have never liked Cahill in the high-line/pressing approach. When we park the bus like the end of last season, he's good. Cahill keeps backing off for a block rather than make a tackle - Kane bullied him. When Ivanovic bombs forward down the right, you need a competent RCB who can quickly intercept play. David Luiz did this brilliantly but he had awful concentration which let the team down in other ways. 90% of the goals we concede come from the right hand side.

Matic had his first bad game at Chelsea and he was awfully exposed. We saw the true Cahill, someone who thrives if you give him protection but not a leader. I am having serious doubts about what we'd do with him once Terry isn't a regular.

Then, when things aren't going for him, he gives away a foolish penalty, he nearly gave away a penalty in that Rose goal and he kicks Kane - should have been a red card.

Our team has other flaws as well - but he's the main one.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
How? I have never liked Cahill in the high-line/pressing approach. When we park the bus like the end of last season, he's good. Cahill keeps backing off for a block rather than make a tackle - Kane bullied him. When Ivanovic bombs forward down the right, you need a competent RCB who can quickly intercept play. David Luiz did this brilliantly but he had awful concentration which let the team down in other ways. 90% of the goals we concede come from the right hand side.

Matic had his first bad game at Chelsea and he was awfully exposed. We saw the true Cahill, someone who thrives if you give him protection but not a leader. I am having serious doubts about what we'd do with him once Terry isn't a regular.

Then, when things aren't going for him, he gives away a foolish penalty, he nearly gave away a penalty in that Rose goal and he kicks Kane - should have been a red card.

Come on, man. He had a great season last year. The guy is exhausted. Mourinho should give him a break and play Zouma or someone for a while.

Reaction score

actually cahill should be given a break but it was a lot worst goal keeping by courtois i just cant understand mourinho over here whenever a game goes bad for him there nxt match instantly cech in and then he s again out for 4-5 games dat a lot stupid he shld be given equally chance cuz courtois sitting at bench can learn a lot from cech
and secondly blame even goes too mourinho for his strategy going for a wider strategy that's totally rubbis cuz wider startegy skips midfield usually and our midfielders are the one that can not at all be skipped u can see dat hazard & oscar got way less chances than in any other matches
and now it comes where was john obi mikel he can give a great hand to defence has well as he can be a great addition to our midfield mourinho just knows after losing to blame it on officials instead of looking into his own stats

Reaction score
Come on, man. He had a great season last year. The guy is exhausted. Mourinho should give him a break and play Zouma or someone for a while.
cahill is a great man but i think w/o the presence of david luiz he cant be a lot useful to us

Reaction score
Mr. Liverpool, Steven Gerrard to leave LFC in the summer. (Probably to the MLS... what is with British footballers and their obsession to retire in the USA?)
Never thought this day would come. Really annoyed at the way Liverpool handled the situation and at him too for leaving.
But then he's done more than enough I guess. Singlehandedly won so many games and finals.
Nothing but respect for the legend.

Reaction score
Mr. Liverpool, Steven Gerrard to leave LFC in the summer. (Probably to the MLS... what is with British footballers and their obsession to retire in the USA?)
Never thought this day would come. Really annoyed at the way Liverpool handled the situation and at him too for leaving.
But then he's done more than enough I guess. Singlehandedly won so many games and finals.
Nothing but respect for the legend.
yep lampard nd now steve g
well luks like u signed ballo this year nxt year sm more advanced stupid player

Reaction score

Last year when we were defensive. Horror World Cup. Just saying, he has been owned by Kane already (in that 3-0 win we had over Spurs, Kane hit the post and then missed a 1v1, both times he beat Cahill).

I agree about squad rotation, but Terry is much older but he didn't look anywhere near tired.

I like Cahill, but we aren't playing to his strengths now. He offers the team something, but not enough to be the starting CB game in game out for a team that hopes to win CL and PL.